JETS vs JAGS OFFICIAL GAME THREAD

Creepy Lurker

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Held to 3, but I'm getting this off my chest now.

The entire drive Todd and Kacey play soft man off coverage against a WR group that you should not to expect to consitantly beat our CBS in Press man.  Johnson and Claiborne are your prototypical Press Mann CBS, and when we have them pinned back in their territory, we play off coverage.  That's just, ugh.

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Anyone else think this is going to be a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG day?

Was just thinking that...im on my 3rd beer since the Jax drive started...not a good sign.

5 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The methodical drive. Is Leo Williams playing in this game? 

Long gone are his loft yet goals of a sack per game. He’s fine settling and I even saw an article on him being ok with not having flashy stats because of the other stuff that he does. Really good D lineman do the dirty work AND still put up some stats.

Henry Anderson is making him look bad and that’s why you don’t overpay DL in a 3-4. I hope Leo does something today. 4 games of minimal production would be a lot worse of a start that I could have imagined for him. Ignore these coaches that reward mediocrity and play for your pride Leo!!!

Looks like Jax is pretty on today. I know this is going to sound awfully WhoFans but if Darnold can just play efficiently today I think that's a big W for the Jets, win or lose. End of the day Jax is one of the top two teams in the conference, if they're on their A-game the best I can hope for is some good experience for Darnold.

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The entire drive Todd and Kacey play soft man off coverage against a WR group that you should not to expect to consitantly beat our CBS in Press man.  Johnson and Claiborne are your prototypical Press Mann CBS, and when we have them pinned back in their territory, we play off coverage.  That's just, ugh.

We keep being told the reason we played a zillion dollars for johsnon was so we could always play press as bowles prefers.  hogwash i say hogwash!

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

This has been a gripe for Bowles' entire tenure here

And it makes no sense when you want to be such an aggressive blitzing defense

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Anyone else think this is going to be a LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG LONG day?

Why can’t they just let Darnold drop back and flung it. Abandon this  roll out nonsense and bubble screens every damn passing down

Archived