Fire Todd Bowles. Fire Kacy Rodgers

Dcronin

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm watching the Saints and secretly hoping that Payton wants to bail after Brees retires this offseason and we can bring Payton on board. 

I'd take him or hopefully a guy like Harbaugh if he flees Michigan. Both are proven winners, are offensive minded, and get great play from their QB's.

I've been following this team since the early 80's and Bowles is already my most hated coach. I feel sick when I look at his face on the sideline.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

a soft zone where Bortles was eating us up alive throwing to wide open WR's underneath  Insted of moving up into tight coverage we simply let him continue to complete those passes it was pitch and catch for 2 1/2 quarters  Our players were put in those positions by the coaches and the coaches did not adjust I know you had to see that because it was obvious

And what happens when we play the way you suggest?  We get beat for big plays.  The team sucks.  Sorry.  When Bowles is fires, that won’t change.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I dare anyone to defend the FG attempt down 25-3 in the 4th quarter. It moved the needle from a 3 score game to a ... wait for it ... THREE SCORE GAME. Changed NOTHING. Completely moronic decision making. 10 year old kids playing Madden literally make better decisions, and I don't use the word literally lightly.

Just to follow up on this ... I was wondering what the average number of possessions per team in a quarter for an NFL game was. According to this article, it's 3. The article is a little dated (2013) but I can't imagine the needle has moved too much since.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64441086/nfl-statistical-analysis-average-nfl-game

The moral of the story is this: If you're down three possessions in the 4th quarter you cannot afford to settle for a FG that doesn't make it a two possession game when a TD would. It's not debatable. You don't need to build confidence or change momentum or any of that cliche BS. If you're trying to WIN the game, you need to attempt to make it a two score game, period.

3 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Good players play good.

so when Jeff Fisher coached those so called "Good Players" that was just great for the Rams .... Im wondering why they needed McVay ? Same with Chip Kelly and Pederson. Screw it lets Just keep the great, Smart Todd Bowles 

I have said this in other threads. Dump Mac promote Himandinger. Dump Bowles for Bates name Greene to DC. If both suck dump them at the end of the season. Just think of the 2 Greene just might make the transition and be a keeper. Just might need the opportunity. By dumping Mac Bowles and Kacey it send a message to the players status quoe is not acceptable before a rift in the locker room can fester

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

Are you actually defending Todd Bowles :help:

Not really.  I’m attacking the notion that coaching is anywhere near this teams biggest problem.  There’s no gameplan for your team losing at the LOS on both sides of the ball consistently.  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Not really.  I’m attacking the notion that coaching is anywhere near this teams biggest problem.  There’s no gameplan for your team losing at the LOS on both sides of the ball consistently.  And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

Yes there is a game plan for that just watch the Raiders Browns game, the Raiders are getting DOMINATED at the Point of Attack on both sides of the ball yet it’s 42-42.

4 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Bowles vs Kotite

10-6  vs 3-13

5-11 vs 1-15

5-11 vs Fired

1-4 vs Fired

Bowles is objectively better than Kotite, but that isn't anything to be proud about.

Not to defend Kotite but he was moderately successful with the Eagles before coming here. Two winning seasons out of four and a playoff berth.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

Not to defend Kotite but he was moderately successful with the Eagles before coming here. Two winning seasons out of four and a playoff berth.

We're talking about Jets head coaches. Bowles could go on to become a 10 time Super Bowl champ with his next team, but his history as an awful Jets head coach remains.

38 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Yes there is a game plan for that just watch the Raiders Browns game, the Raiders are getting DOMINATED at the Point of Attack on both sides of the ball yet it’s 42-42.

Not watching the game, but the Raiders, who are now 1-3, have additional talent on their team.  We don’t.  There’s a reason we were projected by many to be the worst team in the league.  It wasn’t because of the coach.

5 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He plays a role in our team projection.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

A role is very different than the magnitude of blame he gets for this team.  We are terrible.  He’s how you know: name the Jets you wouldn’t trade for a mid-1st round pick? The only one is Darnold and that’s not based on his performance.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

The same Browns D our HC was so petrified of the longest pass they threw was like 15 yards.  Bowles was defeated going into this game . It will be the same with Denver as he'll stay up at nights worrying about Von Miller and handcuff our O for the 3rd straight week. 

29 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The same Browns D our HC was so petrified of the longest pass they threw was like 15 yards.  Bowles was defeated going into this game . It will be the same with Denver as he'll stay up at nights worrying about Von Miller and handcuff our O for the 3rd straight week. 

Jets scored zero last year vs Denver so negative 12 this year?

Archived