Numb to the loss but not entirely and here is why.

Patriot Killa

Ok, obviously we suck. 

Lol

really

our coaches stink, our defense, offense, etc

I expect a ton of losses. If that rubs you the wrong way, oh well. The bad part is the handcuffing that they are doing with Darnold. I know Sam missed some fine opportunities in the 2nd Q but the true and most eye opening fact in the first 4 games(And likely most of the season) is they are overthinking the Offensive gameplan and being extra conservative. 

IT’S sh*t.

create plays that push the ball foward and stop being cute.

its so annoying.

Hey, I’ve said it before. The Browns game popped my cherry. The losses are whatever. But let’s please let Darnold play.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part of this season is we get to draft another QB in the top 3 with a brand new regime and have the new guy and Sam compete.

Fire Maccagnan and Bowles, take best QB on the board and go from there.

Woody also needs to come back to the United States

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The best part of this season is we get to draft another QB in the top 3 with a brand new regime and have the new guy and Sam compete.

I nearly quoted you earlier when you said that it’s obvious that Sam isn’t the guy but I was in Walmart shopping.

i feel like you can do better. 

Stop. It’s 4 games in.

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I nearly quoted you earlier when you said that it’s obvious that Sam isn’t the guy but I was in Walmart shopping.

i feel like you can do better. 

Stop. It’s 4 games in.

Didn’t say it’s obvious. I said he’s probably not the guy. Just like Josh Allen probably isn’t the guy.

but we’re picking top 3. Scout the QB’s

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If they get a high pick like that, it will be Nick Bosa or a monster LT, and it should be. 

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Woah. Go outside and take a breather. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why is it silly? Take a QB until you find the QB. Darnold can’t throw to his left.

If they wanted to draft one in the 5th or something, sure.

but top 3 when 1.) The 2019 class looks like crap that’s why everyone did what they had to in order to take one in 2018. 2.) We need blue chip Offensive talent to help the blue chip QB we just took.

its just...silly.

If they wanted to draft one in the 5th or something, sure.

but top 3 when 1.) The 2019 class looks like crap that’s why everyone did what they had to in order to take one in 2018. 2.) We need blue chip Offensive talent to help the blue chip QB we just took.

its just...silly.

I have no idea who’s in the next class so that’s subject to change

4 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Drew Lock is the top guy right now. He’s an air raid QB from a gimmick Missouri offense. 

Taking a QB top 3 after just taking a QB top 3 is the most fan-GM thing anyone has ever

Why? We passed on Mahomes and Watson for no reason.

That was quick huh?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Fire Maccagnan and Bowles, take best QB on the board and go from there

Darnold has made a lot of bad throws. He's a top prospect but is also just a rookie, and as young a rookie QB as the league has ever seen at that, playing behind a dog***t OL with sissy coaches. Now all of 4 games into his career he doesn't look any worse at all than Goff two years ago. Ditto Aikman, Young, Peyton, Brees, Eli, Alex Smith, Simms, McNabb, Bledsoe, etc.; never mind Rodgers, Brady, Warner, Montana, etc. had they even played as a rookies; or any number of other slower starters whose careers eventually ranged from good to all-time great.

If we end up with a top 2-3 pick, and there's a top QB prospect sitting there, the next GM who doesn't pick up a windfall to drop down 10 slots is no more forward-thinking than the dolt he's replacing. Maybe if a crazy-unique edge rusher is there, since they never hit FA, and cost as much in picks and $ as a QB if they're ever available via trade, but that's about it. Nothing else. Not a left tackle, not a great CB prospect. Nothing else that high. We'd still have a higher 1st rounder, with more than enough ammo to move back up a few slots again for some no-brainer prospect that badly fills a need.

A team that just burned a high #1 pick plus three #2 picks on a QB can't then use a top 3 pick on a QB the next season and then expect the offense around them to be good enough.

No.

Build the rest of the team where it's lacking (especially on offense) with the assumption Darnold will be the guy. If he isn't then at least the next one we draft a year or two later won't be joining the sh*t show excuse for a team that Darnold had to.  If you want starter competition at QB in 2019 then it'd be between Darnold and a veteran FA pickup, not Darnold and a potentially-clueless rookie.

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Darnold has made a lot of bad throws. He's a top prospect but is also just rookie, and as young a rookie QB as the league has ever seen at that. Now all of 4 games into his career he doesn't look any worse at all than Goff two years ago. Ditto Aikman, Young, Peyton, Brees, Eli, Alex Smith, Simms, McNabb, Bledsoe, etc.; never mind Rodgers, Brady, Warner, Montana, etc. had they played as a rookies; or any number of other slower starters whose careers eventually ranged from good to all-time great.

If we end up with a top 2-3 pick, and there's a top QB prospect sitting there, the next GM who doesn't pick up a windfall to drop down 10 slots is no more forward-thinking than the dolt he's replacing. Maybe if a crazy-unique edge rusher is there, since they never hit FA, and cost as much in picks and $ as a QB if they're ever available via trade, but that's about it. Nothing else. Not a left tackle, not a great CB prospect. Nothing else that high. We'd still have a higher 1st rounder, with more than enough ammo to move back up a few slots again for some no-brainer prospect that badly fills a need.

Basically if Nick Bosa is there, done. If not you trade down for bodies. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Why?

1.) We have so many holes on offense that not using a top 3 pick on a LT, WR(if worthy) or some sort of aching need(and there surely is) rather than QB is nearly criminal. Talk about wasting resources.

2.)I need to know how the hell you can if tell a rookie QB that is 4 games into his CAREER if he’ll probably not be the guy, above all. Lol you need to seriously look into being an NFL scout if you can identity something like that 4 games in. That’s astonishing.

3.) There is a reason that anyone else here — including doubters of Sam — would floored over the idea of taking a QB top 3 after even a Peyton Manning-esque rookie season. That is unheard of. it’s never happened and there is also a reason for that lmao....

1.) We have so many holes on offense that not using a top 3 pick on a LT, WR(if worthy) or some sort of aching need(and there surely is) rather than QB is nearly criminal. Talk about wasting resources.

2.)I need to know how the hell you can if tell a rookie QB that is 4 games into his CAREER if he’ll probably not be the guy, above all. Lol you need to seriously look into being an NFL scout if you can identity something like that 4 games in. That’s astonishing.

3.) There is a reason that anyone else here — including doubters of Sam — would floored over the idea of taking a QB top 3 after even a Peyton Manning-esque rookie season. That is unheard of. it’s never happened and there is also a reason for that lmao....

How many more games(seasons) should Buffalo give Josh Allen?

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He was very impressive to me in the Vikings game. They are both rookies in their 4th game. Second game starting for Allen.

i think that’s the part I’m trying to get to. 4 games into a rookie QB’s season is entirely too early to be thinking a QB Top 3 in the next draft a rookie QB’s season isn’t far behind that either. It’s not a smart move by any margin in any sport. 

A rookie QB is a whole different beast than any other position or in any sport. 

Chill.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Why is it silly? Take a QB until you find the QB. Darnold can’t throw to his left.

1:  His first two touchdown passes were throws to his left.

His touchdown today was a throw to the left.

At no point in the scouting process did any analysis come out saying that he can't throw to his left, and that is something scouts look for.  Some of his more impressive throws have been him throwing to his left (Herndon drop in Miami, roll out to his left in the Atlanta pre-season game). 

2:  You can keep repeating yourself in every thread that we should take another QB in the top 5.  Not only is it incredibly silly (that's putting it reeeeeeally nicely), it's not going to happen.  It would be, arguably, the dumbest thing any football team has ever done in the history of the sport.  We traded up to 3rd overall to get him.  He's not being tossed aside 4 games into his career.

Again, you can feel free to think that's what we should do.  Go right ahead.  There are people that think the Earth is flat.  Individuals are free to believe whatever "silly" thing they want.  

3:. Even if we picked from the next pool of QBs, none of them would be any better than Sam so long as the offensive talent, line, and scheme are the same (which they won't).  Look at the Rams, Chiefs, and Eagles.  You're literally suggesting that we should, basically, throw away a first round pick so that another rookie QB can struggle, instead of using the pick to help build around him like every other one of those successful teams has done.  On what planet is that not considered "silly"?

Would you rather increase the probability of having the guy or take another defensive player that comes around in every single draft?

Those are not the only two options ya know. lol

I’d rather see us take that high pick you’d use on another qb and pick someone that would help the guy we already have actually succeed. Continuing to pick qb’s and hope one can make it all happen without a solid group of starters around him might take a while

Let’s get sam some help!! O line and a WR please

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

3-4 full years at the bare minimum, 4 would be the more reasonable option.  They traded up and made the investment in him, just like we did with Sam.  That's on them.  If they didn't want to see their rookie QB struggle at all, they should have sat him until next year.  The fact that they are trotting him out there now, with zero talent around him, says that they're ok with him having the growing pains of a rookie QB.  Rookies don't typically come in and light the world on fire.  You take them hoping that they grow and improve.  Not toss them aside at the first signs of trouble.  Goff is the perfect example of this.

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Come on now. Darnold’s may or may not be the guy, but Allen doesn’t look like an NFL player.

And even if you hold that opinion on Allen and Sam, they BOTH aren't going anywhere anytime soon, for better or worse.

First round QBs don't get tossed in one year, let alone 4 games into their careers.  Especially when they are top 10 picks like the both of those guys are.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And even if you hold that opinion on Allen and Sam, they BOTH aren't going anywhere anytime soon, for better or worse.

First round QBs don't get tossed in one year, let alone 4 games into their careers.  

Especially when you don’t have a team built around him from day one.

48 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I have no idea who’s in the next class so that’s subject to change

This is basically the equivalent to saying "I have no idea how the stock market works, but you should invest in this because other people get rich by investing".

My goodness.

No new regime is taking a qb in the first round when they have darnold that would be stupid. What if the guy they pick is terrible and darnold is good? Then they wasted a pick if they don't take one and darnold sucks they can blame the old regime and buy time.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

1:  His first two touchdown passes were throws to his left.

His touchdown today was a throw to the left.

At no point in the scouting process did any analysis come out saying that he can't throw to his left, and that is something scouts look for.  Some of his more impressive throws have been him throwing to his left (Herndon drop in Miami, roll out to his left in the Atlanta pre-season game). 

2:  You can keep repeating yourself in every thread that we should take another QB in the top 5.  Not only is it incredibly silly (that's putting it reeeeeeally nicely), it's not going to happen.  It would be, arguably, the dumbest thing any football team has ever done in the history of the sport.  We traded up to 3rd overall to get him.  He's not being tossed aside 4 games into his career.

Again, you can feel free to think that's what we should do.  Go right ahead.  There are people that think the Earth is flat.  Individuals are free to believe whatever "silly" thing they want.  

3:. Even if we picked from the next pool of QBs, none of them would be any better than Sam so long as the offensive talent, Line, and scheme are the same (which they won't).  Look at the Rams, Chiefs, and Eagles.  You're literally suggesting that we should, basically, throw away a first round pick so that another rookie QB can struggle, instead of using the pick to help build around him like every other one of those successful teams has done.  On what planet is that not considered "silly"?

Who’s your friend that works for the team?

Archived