Baker Mayfield is Awesome

Dcronin

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Dude is the real deal, he showed last week that he was the best QB from this draft. 

Did you crown Darnold after week 1 too?

i think baker will be a very good QB but he’s completing 50% in this game and has a pick 6... again against a bottom 5 d and will all day to throw....

Time is the best friend of a QB. A good offensive line can make anyone look good (Sanchez, Dak Prescott). In this league, wide receivers WILL get open with enough time.

Defenses have been handicapped almost but it’s only beneficial if the QB has enough time. Look at Tom Brady. His o-line gets away with holding and they always give him time and he makes scrubs look great on offense. It’s not that difficult to understand and embrace this concept.

I realize it’s harder to find good offensive lineman but you have to try. When you finally hit, now you have a strength on a team and have a chance against any team. 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Did you crown Darnold after week 1 too?

i think baker will be a very good QB but he’s completing 50% in this game and has a pick 6... again against a bottom 5 d and will all day to throw....

No I didn't crown him. 

Lets stop all the excuses for Baker and Sam. We saw them both play on Thursday night. One looked like an NFL QB the other looked like a high school QB. 

14 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

That is all. He's great and will have a long successful career.

I feel funny saying this, but I think he ended up in a great situation in ... Cleveland. Dorsey knows how to build a team. He's got talent all around him. They've invested a lot in the defense, and it actually is a good defense. The offense is loaded with talent. 

Jarvis Landry is probably the most underrated WR in football. Guy is GREAT.

Hard situation to fail in. 

Comparatively, our GM has done NOTHING to assemble talent - and our coaching staff can't get out of it's own way. So, there's that.

14 minutes ago, CaliforniaJet said:

Dude is the real deal, he showed last week that he was the best QB from this draft. 

Way too early to proclaim this, remember Darnold had a better first game.

Also remember he's the only rookie QB to have a good Oline and has the best weapons too. Give it a few years for the verdict. 

3 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

We could have had him, but the Jets oversold their interest and had to settle for another USC bust.

The Jets didn't cause Mayfield to get drafted 1st. He earned it. Plus, Dorsey and Scot McCloghan (?) loved him. 

No matter who we ended up with, the likelihood of them succeeding with this regime was always going to be terrible odds.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

I feel funny saying this, but I think he ended up in a great situation in ... Cleveland. Dorsey knows how to build a team. He's got talent all around him. They've invested a lot in the defense, and it actually is a good defense. The offense is loaded with talent. 

Comparatively, our GM has done NOTHING to assemble talent - and our coaching staff can't get out of it's own way. So, there's that.

Is Sam  the first first round pick on offense Macc has made? 

If Darnold had quality playcalling, and support like Baker does I think he plays just as good if not better than him. Most people forget Sam was just about the unanimous #1 draft QB and regarded as the best since Luck. Nothing has magically changed.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

it's like going 1-32 and passing on Wentz and Goff was all part of the plan to accumulate all this ungodly talent, draft an undersized spunky QB with intangibles, and unleash them on a hapless Gruden team.

Just now, The Crusher said:

Welcome home 

Dude, I really wished we drafted Baker. I've literally watched every preseason and regular season Browns game. lol. 

I doubt that im the only person who followed OU that's watching Cleveland football right now. 

Baker looks really good. Maintains a calmness in the pocket while going through progression. He's already utilized the pump-fake to throw a TD. 

Dude is just so impressive. 

Baker has better players around him, has better coaches around him. He is no more or less talented then Sam is IMO, it's the rest that is the difference. As I feared, we have no way to tell how good or bad Sam actually is because our CS is not capable of grooming a franchise QB obviously. Our offensive game plans are boring, unimaginative, and predictable, our offensive roster sucks a$$, and we have been out of 2/4 games by the end of the first quarter pretty much. Who thought they were in the Miami game? And today was a absolute joke from the get go.

Stop and think for a moment how much better Jarvis Landry is than Quincy Enunwa and that’s not to take anything away from Q.

baker is dope. He also went 1 overall and we had no shot at him. And he has a stacked team.

2 minutes ago, nico002 said:

second critical turnover by mayfield... literally has gifted Oakland 14 points 

Dont be so critically dramatic. The pick 6 was on Callaway slipping on the turf and the ball popping off of both hands. The pass was literally catchable even though he slipped on the turf. Callaway dropped the pass. 

Archived