Baker Mayfield is Awesome

Dcronin

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This. Its to the point where folks interrupt watching their Kardashians in order to indirectly talk about me to other folks who are indirectly talking about me. 

They take calling me a Baker lover waaaaay too seriously.

Funny thing, they're on the same forum and in this thread as often as me. ?

They hate Villain as much as Villain loves Baker.

Difference is, they spend more time speaking about Villain than Villain spends speaking about Baker. The comments aren't even about football anymore. lol. 

Their hate is really love tho. It requires the same heart strings.

P.s. this comment is the cheese lol

You live for it, I imagine you're sitting back with a smirk on your face while stirring the pot.  

You're a naughty boy....or a very clever woman.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

You live for it, I imagine you're sitting back with a smirk on your face while stirring the pot.  

You're a naughty boy....or a very clever woman.

I wouldnt say I live for it, I just have no problem having an audience...because in reality that's really all it is. 

There are plenty of folks here who dont like my content, and you know what they do? They ignore my content. 

There are atleast 4 people who I consciously ignore on this site, im talking about 0 engagement. Why? Because I dont like their content. I dont add to their audience.

Anytime you engage a person is because deep down you want their attention. I just dont like trying to insult the intelligence of people. 

Never talk about Villain being Petty, then engage him with pettiness such as "He's a Baker Lover". See what I mean? 

Here's any example of proper trolling. Look at the back and forth I've had in this thread with Philc1. He's a troll, but I deal with him. Why? Because I also troll him. The difference is, we admit it. Here's an example of back and forth in this thread. Phil know's he's a troll...so there's a foundation of respect there...even when we troll.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:11 AM, Philc1 said:

Yay I triggered Villain. The guy thinks 4 turnovers against a bad defense is progress

and my response?

On 10/2/2018 at 11:39 AM, Villain The Foe said:

? I just need someone around to argue with, is all. 

You're a filthy troll like myself. 

I do have a serious question though. How does if feel to see a Air Raid, big 12 QB running the league out in Kansas City? And arguably the 2nd best QB being an Air Raid product from Cal? 

As you can see, I have no problem calling out a guy for being a troll but having a level of respect given that I know that im on his level. Im not being emotional here, im simply engaging a troll by trolling. More importantly, look at our subject matter. We're both STILL talking football, though trolling. We're not talking about each other. 

We have folks however who lie to themselves, complain about me being a "Baker lover" and a "Glennon lover" but never stop to think that though the statements are true, atleast im talking about football. These guys are talking about Villain. So who's way over the deep end here,...really? Who comes to a football website, where folks talk about a team, sport or players that they "love" in order to talk about a person talking about a team or players he "loves"??? This is why it doesnt bother me, because I understand that my passion for what/who I love and my ability to emphatically back it up bothers/entertains them. This is why it goes from football to me. But again, when you're on stage you must acknowledge the fact that you will develop an audience, an audience who will make comments about you, yet completely forget that it's them that are the actual spectators. They can ignore my perspective anytime if they REALLY wanted to....couldnt they??? They dont want to, because like I said earlier, the hate really is love. They find entertainment with what I say. They want the engagement. Why continue to engage with something or someone that you deem petty? If you continue to do so then are they really petty, or is it really just satisfying you? Folks lie to themselves too much. Im honest. 

It's less about being a naughty boy or a clever woman, it's about being honest about it. I can be a troll. You and I both know this, but I only troll trollers. I only troll those who decide to troll.

Look at greenwichjetfan and how he entered this thread. His very 1st post was what? Trolling. The difference? Unlike Philc1, he's not keeping it "football". 

On 10/3/2018 at 2:16 PM, greenwichjetfan said:

Something special about all of the Glennon/Baker/Geno-Fitz threads on JN.

The only place I’ve seen more long-winded, petty, emotional bickering is when I catch my wife watching an episode of the Kardashians.

You can clearly see what he wants from this engagement. It's right in the comment. What he wants is long-winded, petty and emotional bickering...but not from me Helen, he wants to give that to me. Proof? Sure, just go look at everything he's said directly to me or indirectly. And as an adult you tell me if he's not being "long-winded, petty and emotional", but more importantly, is he even talking about the subject matter of the thread? Folks lie to themselves all the time. Again, this is not about being a naughty boy or clever girl, it's me understanding that all I have to do is hold up a mirror. Folks like yourself will see what I see. lol. 

All I do is take the info and redirect it in their direction....like a Mirror. He mentioned whores on TV, so what do I do? I troll him with the whores he watches on TV. Why? Because you can clearly see from his post, he's not looking to talk about the topic of the thread, but about Villain. Question: What mature person comes to a thread, calls someone petty, proceeds to talk about that person, never truly engages the topic of the thread...then proclaims to be the mature one who doesnt have time for pettiness? The actions are how I know that what im saying is true. lol. Mirrors. 

Folks lie to themselves all the time Helen. They truly like me because they seek my attention. That's love, not hate for me. They love me as much as I love Glennon and Baker. They know it. 

When folks talk football, I talk football. When folks talk me, I show them that I dont mind the audience while picking up mirrors. Nothing overly naughty or clever about that really.  

To conclude, here's why I respect Philc1 as a fellow troll. Look at his latest quote. 

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t mind Villain at least he sticks with it.  The other members of the Baker Army are AWOL until he faces another crappy defense maybe Tampa in a couple weeks

He's not being disrespectful, he's just being a troll. But he knows that when the heat is on, I dont hide. There's a level of respect in that, as you can see given his decision to separate me from those who went AWOL. 

These guys attack Villain, the content creator, which is nothing more than an exaggerated caricature of my imagination and personality, sort of like a mask or a work of art...it's the damn internet for goodness sake lol. Meanwhile Philc is still dealing with football....he's just being a troll about it. Big difference.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t mind Villain at least he sticks with it.  The other members of the Baker Army are AWOL until he faces another crappy defense maybe Tampa in a couple weeks

His over the top posting style always annoyed me but as I detailed in an earlier post, I always stayed above it and even tried talking points with him in the past. This time, I got annoyed by him explicitly stating that he’s fully invested in Baker as the Browns QB. If that’s the case and he has nothing left to invest in the Jets or the Jets QB, then he shouldn’t be on a Jets forum posting 10k words about a non-Jet.

Baker will 100% have more games where he’ll be largely responsible for a loss, and Villain will 100% be on here writing emotional 8th grade persuasive essays which clearly omit certain facts and spin others to favor his view of Baker.

29 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

His over the top posting style always annoyed me but as I detailed in an earlier post, I always stayed above it and even tried talking points with him in the past. This time, I got annoyed by him explicitly stating that he’s fully invested in Baker as the Browns QB. If that’s the case and he has nothing left to invest in the Jets or the Jets QB, then he shouldn’t be on a Jets forum posting 10k words about a non-Jet.

Baker will 100% have more games where he’ll be largely responsible for a loss, and Villain will 100% be on here writing emotional 8th grade persuasive essays which clearly omit certain facts and spin others to favor his view of Baker.

Below is literally the title of the main thread where this sub-thread is located. 

Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 12.55.51 PM.png

As we can clearly see, it' says "Talk about Todd Bowles, Mike Maccagnan, the NY Jets AND THE NFL HERE. 

Im not doing anything outside of what is allowed on this thread. So, it doesnt matter if I post 10k words about a non-jet, because it's 10K words about the NFL. 

You dont have to like it, but I wasnt asking permission either. I will credit you for talking football this go'round, and if at anytime you would like to come to a mutual agreement of staying out of one another's conversations I will have no problem coming to that agreement. My intent isnt to antagonize anyone who's not interested in dealing with me. If you stay on your side, I'll stay on mine. With that said, I'll say what I want on this forum, for as long as it's within guidelines. 

15 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mayfield is mark Sanchez version 2.0

24 minutes ago, nico002 said:

They do have a similar movement and athletic style. But Mayfield is much more accurate.

So far in 6 quarters, Baker’s been more accurate with his ball placement and he has more zip on his passes than I ever saw from Sanchez. But the only way for Baker to pull away from Sanchez is to consistently demonstrate good decision making, and to limit the turnovers. 

The similarities are uncanny though. As I said pre-draft, Baker always struck me as someone who could make do with a good team but wouldn’t be able to carry one; a la Flacco or Eli. The only thing he shares in common with Brees is being shorter than the average QB. 

So even from that perspective, he’s similar to Sanchez in that he’s come into a good situation. The Browns have an extremely solid defense, a run game to take pressure off Baker, and a playmaker (Landry) for Baker to rely on and which necessitates opposing defenses attention. 

Bakers first start was classic Sanchez: shows flashes of competent play, relies heavily on the rest of the team to make him look good, yet still commits 4 turnovers.

An objective, non emotional, non Baker fanboy would credit the Browns running backs and kicker with 29 of the 42 points, and would point to the 21 Raiders points that resulted directly from Baker’s 4 turnovers as the key reason the Browns lost to one of the worst teams in the league. Objectively, there’s no way to say with a straight face that Baker carried the team to 42 points and would have the Browns at 3-1 if he started from day 1. The logic failure in extrapolating an 0-1 career record into a 3-1 record is astounding. 

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Meh. Just make sure to be here if Mayfield puts the business to Baltimore. 

Or we can both meet in the "MAHOMES II" thread and talk about that successful big 12 air raid qb that you claimed would "never happen". You know, since this Mayfield thread isn't the only big 12/Air raid qb that Jets fans are heavily investing themselves in. 

I wonder if you've been damage controlling in there lol

21 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Meh. Just make sure to be here if Mayfield puts the business to Baltimore. 

Or we can both meet in the "MAHOMES II" thread and talk about that successful big 12 air raid qb that you claimed would "never happen". You know, since this Mayfield thread isn't the only big 12/Air raid qb that Jets fans are heavily investing themselves in. 

I wonder if you've been damage controlling in there lol

Don’t speak Bakers name in the same sentence as my Boy Mahomes II, it’s very insulting ?

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Don’t speak Bakers name in the same sentence as my Boy Mahomes II, it’s very insulting ?

My bad. I wont do that until Week 9! :-)

Im not sure if Baker and that Cleveland offense will be able to keep up with that loaded Chiefs offense, but it'll certainly be a game to watch and will probably be a super high scoring event. The Chiefs defense are bottom 10 in points allowed at 29 but their offense is #1. Cleveland is 11th, but if you take into consideration the points scored while Baker has been QB, the Cleveland offense is crazily #1 in the league since the change. 

I also think that Mayfields ability to process plays quickly will also limit the Chiefs ability to add constant pressure. Tyrod Taylor was 2nd in the league in plays under pressure, Baker Mayfield is bottom 5 in that category. It's not like the Browns switched Olines. 

Mahomes looks like the real deal as well. It's beyond the talent around him. Mahomes has shown on numerous plays his ability to create when plays breakdown, from passing with his left hand to doing "figure 8's" in the backfield and sipping a pass between defenders hitting a guy in the back of the endzone....while on the run. That's just crazy.

That has the makings of a really good, high offense, high scoring game. 

Remember this gem? 

• 1 month later...

Hey @greenwichjetfan @Philc1 @Beerfish

Fun facts. 

Over the past month, Baker Mayfield has thrown 9TD's to just 2 INT's. 

Completed 91 of 133 pass attempts completing 68.4% of his passes with a 105 QB rating. 

For the season, he has a QB rating of 87.5. The other starting rookie QB's QB Rating are all in the 60's. 

Mayfield is the only rookie QB with more TD passes than INT's. 

Cleveland is 6th in the league in receiving Drops. Jets are 8th, Arizona's 19th and Buffalo's 21st. 

Mayfield the only rookie with a game Quarterback Rating of over 150, no other rookie has over a 116 QBR in a game, and he has 3 games of which he has over 100 which ties all of the other top starting rookies combined (Darnold 2, Allen 1). 

Mayfield has clearly shown the ability to progress even after the firing of his HC and OC. In his first 4 games Mayfield had 4TD to 5 INT's, completed 85 of 153 for a 55.5% completion rate. His last 4 games he's more than doubled his TD's, cut his INT's down by 60%, threw 20 less passes yet completed 6 more passes and added an additional 13% to his overall completion percentage. 

That's a transition from month 1 to month 2. 

Mayfield was about 7 points away from a "perfect passer rating" against the Falcons, and he's NOT throwing to household names. His top targets in order were

Antonio Callaway

Breshard Perriman

Nick Chubb

Duke Johnson

Rashard Higgins

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Orson Charles

Dontrell Hilliard 

He put up a 151.3 passer rating wih those receivers. Matter of fact, he had a perfect passer rating and completed all of his passes in the 1st half of the game. 

What Mayfield has done the past month, is what he was doing in college for the past 3 seasons. Throwing TD's, rarely throwing INT's, and completing 70% of his passes while playing with receivers who were among the highest in the country in terms of drops. 

And yes Philc1, he's an Air Raid QB from the Big 12. Same as Patrick Mahomes.....who could possibly win MVP of the league in just his 1st season playing. Played that same trash Air Raid system that Geno Smith played in at WV, that same System that Jared Goff played at Cal...who if Patrick Mahomes doesnt win the MVP Goff could possibly win it. 

The same Spread concepts that Brees played out of when he went to Purdue....and if Mahomes and Goff dont win MVP it could very well be Brees. 

Mayfield has been quite productive this past month, and that's with the fact that just 2 weeks ago his Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator was shown the door and for the majority of that same month 3 of his top 4 receivers were hurt to the point where they brought in Perriman to fill some of the void. All he did was step up and play well against Mahomes Chiefs and Ryan's Falcons. Putting those games together, completed 46 of 62 passing for just under a 75% completion rate, 5 TD's to 1INT with a 120 quarterback Rating averaging 8.27 yards per pass attempt, in which if he were to maintain that average it would place him 8th in the league behind Deshawn Watson and ahead of Carson Wentz. 

He's clearly looking like the best QB in the class, and it's not even close. More importantly, no one cares about that dash cam footage that folks used when they couldnt find anything else outside of how short he was to bring up as criticism.

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Too bad the Browns are stuck behind the Steelers, Ravens and Bengals. They need to catch them when all 3 are down. 

It wont be this season, but if John Dorsey builds around Mayfield and Chubb that's going to be an explosive offense for sure. 

I actually like the way Gregg Williams has been coaching the team and Freddie Kitchens has really put in some nice looking offensive plays. 

It's funny that he was the runningbacks coach prior to this and as soon as he became the OC he immediately began creating plays for Duke Johnson. 

Smart man. The Browns may (Im saying may) already have their HC and OC in the building. We'll see how this goes but if they can keep this up this could work. 

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fun facts. 

Completed 91 of 133 pass attempts completing 68.4% of his passes with a 105 QB rating. 

For the season, he has a QB rating of 87.5. The other starting rookie QB's QB Rating are all in the 60's. 

Cleveland is 6th in the league in receiving Drops. Jets are 8th, Arizona's 19th and Buffalo's 21st. 

Mayfield the only rookie with a game Quarterback Rating of over 150, no other rookie has over a 116 QBR in a game, and he has 3 games of which he has over 100 which ties all of the other top starting rookies combined (Darnold 2, Allen 1). 

Mayfield has clearly shown the ability to progress even after the firing of his HC and OC. In his first 4 games Mayfield had 4TD to 5 INT's, completed 85 of 153 for a 55.5% completion rate. His last 4 games he's more than doubled his TD's, cut his INT's down by 60%, threw 20 less passes yet completed 6 more passes. 

Mayfield was about 7 points away from a "perfect passer rating" against the Falcons, and he's NOT throwing to household names. His top targets in order were

Antonio Callaway

Breshard Perriman

Nick Chubb

Duke Johnson

Rashard Higgins

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Orson Charles

Dontrell Hilliard 

He put up a 151.3 passer rating wih those receivers. Matter of fact, he had a perfect passer rating and completed all of his passes in the 1st half of the game. 

What Mayfield has done the past month, is what he was doing in college for the past 3 seasons. Throwing TD's, rarely throwing INT's, and completing 70% of his passes while playing with receivers who were among the highest in the country in terms of drops. 

And yes Philc1, he's an Air Raid QB from the Big 12. Same as Patrick Mahomes.....who could possibly win MVP of the league in just his 1st season playing. Played that same trash Air Raid system that Geno Smith played in at WV, that same System that Jared Goff played at Cal...who if Patrick Mahomes doesnt win the MVP Goff could possibly win it. 

The same Spread concepts that Brees played out of when he went to Purdue....and if Mahomes and Goff dont win MVP it could very well be Brees. 

Mayfield has been quite productive this past month, and that's with the fact that just 2 weeks ago his Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator was shown the door. All he did was step up and play well against Mahomes Chiefs and Ryan's Falcons. Putting those games together, completed 46 of 62 passing for just under a 75% completion rate, 5 TD's to 1INT with a 120 quarterback Rating averaging 8.27 yards per pass attempt, in which if he were to maintain that average it would place him 8th in the league behind Deshawn Watson and ahead of Carson Wentz. 

He's clearly looking like the best QB in the class, and it's not even close. More importantly, no one cares about that dash cam footage that folks used when they couldnt find anything else outside of how short he was. 

Jarvis Landry is NOT a household name? LOL

I'm no QB expert or draft guru, but I'm fairly certain that Mayfield was picked BEFORE Darnold so therefore for better or worse, the Jets didn't have a chance to draft him so...........who the heck cares???????  I'm rooting for MY QB whose name is Sam Darnold.  For those who love Mayfield, you can certainly direct your energy and time and go root for the Browns if you like.  Safe travels.  

This verbal masturbation about who is better after a half a season is just silly.  Mildly entertaining, but silly.  

10 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

It wont be this season, but if John Dorsey builds around Mayfield and Chubb that's going to be an explosive offense for sure. 

I actually like the way Gregg Williams has been coaching the team and Freddie Kitchens has really put in some nice looking offensive plays. 

It's funny that he was the runningbacks coach prior to this and as soon as he became the OC he immediately began creating plays for Duke Johnson. 

Smart man. The Browns may (Im saying may) already have their HC and OC in the building. We'll see how this goes but if they can keep this up this could work. 

Gregg Williams will not be the HC there next year.

6 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I'm no QB expert or draft guru, but I'm fairly certain that Mayfield was picked BEFORE Darnold so therefore for better or worse, the Jets didn't have a chance to draft him so...........who the heck cares???????  I'm rooting for MY QB whose name is Sam Darnold.  For those who love Mayfield, you can certainly direct your energy and time and go root for the Browns if you like.  Safe travels.  

This verbal masturbation about who is better after a half a season is just silly.  Mildly entertaining, but silly.  

No one, given that it wasnt the argument at hand. 

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

In terms of "production", no the hell he's not.

I dont know anyone who has him in their top 10 WR list. 

He's a very good slot WR guy. He's not a #1. 

Not bad to have a number 3 receiver who caught over 100 balls last year. But hes nothing special.

LOL, carry on.

I’m glad I stashed Chubb for the beginning of the season knowing Hyde’s injury history. Hyde getting traded was just the cherry on top.

My commitment to the second best Browns offensive player (behind 3x pro bowler and 2017 receptions leader Jarvis Landry, who is making QBing much easier for Baker this year) paid off big yesterday, as Chubb’s 36.5 points led the way to a 5 point win in one of my leagues!

13 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

YES

12 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

Not bad to have a number 3 receiver who caught over 100 balls last year. But hes nothing special.

LOL, carry on.

Catching 112 balls last year via bubbles and tunnels means nothing when you had less than 1,000 yards on the season. 

Meanwhile Antonio Brown caught 101 passes, 11 less than Landry, yet had almost 1,600 yards. Matter of fact, every WR last year NOT NAMED Jarvis landry who had 100 or more catches had well over 1,000 yards on the season. 

11 WR's had less than 100 catches and had over 1,000 yards. Julio Jones caught 88 passes and had 1,450 yards. 

Julio is a household name. 

Carry on. 

7 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m glad I stashed Chubb for the beginning of the season knowing Hyde’s injury history. Hyde getting traded was just the cherry on top.

My commitment to the second best Browns offensive player (behind Jarvis Landry) paid off big yesterday, as Chubb’s 36.5 points led the way to a 5 point win in one of my leagues!

I wish Jarvis played like the 2nd best offensive player on that team. Right now it looks like it's the two rookies. 

Chubb is tearing up fantasy though. Good stash. 

42 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Fun facts. 

Mayfield has clearly shown the ability to progress even after the firing of his HC and OC. In his first 4 games Mayfield had 4TD to 5 INT's, completed 85 of 153 for a 55.5% completion rate. His last 4 games he's more than doubled his TD's, cut his INT's down by 60%, threw 20 less passes yet completed 6 more passes and added an additional 13% to his overall completion percentage. 

That's a transition from month 1 to month 2. 

Antonio Callaway

Breshard Perriman

Nick Chubb

Duke Johnson

Rashard Higgins

Jarvis Landry

David Njoku

Orson Charles

Dontrell Hilliard 

Mayfield has been quite productive this past month, and that's with the fact that just 2 weeks ago his Head Coach and Offensive Coordinator was shown the door and for the majority of that same month 3 of his top 4 receivers were hurt to the point where they brought in Perriman to fill some of the void. All he did was step up and play well against Mahomes Chiefs and Ryan's Falcons. Putting those games together, completed 46 of 62 passing for just under a 75% completion rate, 5 TD's to 1INT with a 120 quarterback Rating averaging 8.27 yards per pass attempt, in which if he were to maintain that average it would place him 8th in the league behind Deshawn Watson and ahead of Carson Wentz. 

He's clearly looking like the best QB in the class, and it's not even close. More importantly, no one cares about that dash cam footage that folks used when they couldnt find anything else outside of how short he was to bring up as criticism.

Dude please don't become like that Mahomes guy, you're a respectable poster. Rubbing it in is immature and pointless, especially with how early it is in these guys careers.

Baker Mayfield is not our QB, will never be our QB, and never had a chance to be our QB. Our QB is Sam Darnold. If you want to applaud and compliment his greatness there are many Brown forums you could access. 

1 minute ago, Grandy said:

Dude please don't become like that Mahomes guy, you're a respectable poster. Rubbing it in is immature and pointless, especially with how early it is in these guys careers.

Baker Mayfield is not our QB, will never be our QB, and never had a chance to be our QB. Our QB is Sam Darnold. If you want to applaud and compliment his greatness there are many Brown forums you could access. 

I dont know who this Mahome's guy is, but I've been having this conversation with plenty folks on this site since 2016. 

This isnt new like this Mahomes guy. 

Archived