Baker Mayfield is Awesome

Dcronin

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, hawk said:

We should have drafted this guy instead.  Oh wait, he was already gone.  Nevermind.  

From a Jets perspective, the comparison that will need to be made over the years is between Darnold and Rosen (Allen too), as they were available at #3. The debate will likely not be settled for some time.

1 minute ago, Ken Shroy said:

Is Jetsons Bakers Daddy?

I had Baker #1... Darnold #2 ... Rosen #3

Baker was my guy... I Still think he will be the Best of the bunch... love how All the excuses for Sam not being accurate & missing passes is because he’s just a rookie but when Baker does it it’s an issue.  I’m All for Sam now that he’s a Jet but if he doesn’t get some REAL GM & coaches in here asap I don’t see much of a future for him.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

I had Baker #1... Darnold #2 ... Rosen #3

Baker was my guy... I Still think he will be the Best of the bunch... love how All the excuses for Sam not being accurate & missing passes is because he’s just a rookie but when Baker does it it’s an issue.  I’m All for Sam now that he’s a Jet but if he doesn’t get some REAL GM & coaches in here asap I don’t see much of a future for him.

Well it helps when you have protection and weapons WHICH Sam does not

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I just left two weeks worth of Jets threads doing the same thing for Darnold. Okay....

Explaining stats doesn't mean that you're not owning stats. It just gives clarification for those who aren't watching, but only type with their fingers when they see an opportunity to hate. 

But this reminds me of all of the batsh*t arguments I made that you made sure to participate in given that you're equally as invested...well, outside of actually watching the games that is. 

Have the last word 

Bro, I was never ‘invested’ in anything more than trolling.

55 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Hitting on draft picks? Outside of Miles Garrett, who? And if they've been hitting on so many draft picks over the years, why are they 1-31 over the past 2 seasons? 

Seriously wondering if you’re watching the game now.

I would have preferred Sam dropped like a lead balloon and fallen to the Steelers, or another good, well run team, sat a few years behind a great QB, then start much like Aaron Rodgers did.  

That didn’t happen, so you take what you get.   Envy and wishing for something you didn’t get, gains you nothing.  Fauve and  Steve Young were traded by the teams that drafted them.  Who knows, you could get yet another chance at a franchise QB.

Remember when  before he season some people said the browns had a better overall future than the jets right now and the happy happy joy club were totally outraged?  I still thing Darnold will be better than Mayfield but Cleveland is better than us in just about every other aspect of the game.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, that's the amount of "rookies that hit" I'd thought you'd find. 

Til next week! 

I already told you I’m not doing this. No need to put in that much effort to make you look foolish.

Nice thread ?

The thing is, Baker has a much better team around him. Myles Jack is more talented than any defensive player we have and Landry is more talented than any offensive player we have. 

When you add that to the fact that Baker is a bit older/more experienced, you’d expect Baker to be considerably better than Darnold in their first handful of games. And while he threw the ball fairly well today, he still had 4 turnovers (more than Darnold has had in any single game) 

Long way to go to justify this thread. 

Just now, slimjasi said:

Nice thread ?

The thing is, Baked has a much better team around him. Myles Jack is more talented than any defensive player we have and Landry is more talented than any offensive player we have. 

When you add that to the fact that Baker is a bit older/more experienced, you’d expect Baker to be considerably better in their first handful of games. And while he threw the ball fairy well today, he still had 4 turnovers (more than Darnold has had in any single game) 

Excellent Post

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@The Crusher

I knew I should have waited until the end of the game. Promising moments, too many turnovers. 

42 points though for a Cleveland offense collectively isnt bad. We'll see how the year goes. 

Good for them. Been awhile in the making. Kid looks good and they have a very talented roster that is starting to play like it. 

Here in Jet land we got a few issues going forward but it’s at least interesting. Im thankful for that. Last few years been boring as shit. 

29 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Remember when  before he season some people said the browns had a better overall future than the jets right now and the happy happy joy club were totally outraged?  I still thing Darnold will be better than Mayfield but Cleveland is better than us in just about every other aspect of the game.

HC is a tie

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nice thread ?

The thing is, Baker has a much better team around him. Myles Jack is more talented than any defensive player we have and Landry is more talented than any offensive player we have. 

When you add that to the fact that Baker is a bit older/more experienced, you’d expect Baker to be considerably better than Darnold in their first handful of games. And while he threw the ball fairly well today, he still had 4 turnovers (more than Darnold has had in any single game) 

This thread is like watching a ‘This Is Us’ marathon. SAD!

I didn't see the Cleve game today. The guy was the 1st overall pick. And can put points on the board. But if I'm picking today I take Darnold. In the long run I believe his skills, smarts and temperament are a better fit for the NFL game. And if Mayfield does turn out better than Darnold I'm ok with that, too. We passed on Marino but selected O'Brien and he was a good Qb. But I think Sam will be better than O'Brien and Mayfield but not better than Marino. 

Just now, DLJ said:

Some of us already knew this, the rest of you ball washers complained he was TEW SHORTTT!

Darnold looks like sh*t. As that sports writer aptly stated “ a cow on ice”

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Baker looks like sh*t, watch the games.  3 runs for TD’s over 50 yards, 4 turnovers, and he has ALL DAY to throw the ball every play his first 6+ quarters can’t wait to see the sh*t show when he actually gets pressured.

Archived