Two Brief Observations

Warfish

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Again, we have to temper expectations on Sam this year.  He's very young plus we have a crappy OL and below average weapons.  

high school QB would have made the throws he missed today.

there is no excuse for it

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Guys let me explain something to you

”happy feet” implies that a qb is quick to leave a clean pocket or rushes throws because he is afraid of the rush 

darnold has very active footwork that can look panicked... but he seems in control to me. If anything he is sitting in the “pocket” a little to long trying to make something happen. Peyton Manning had the same happy feet style.. 

The only time I thought he had happy feet was (two times actually):

1. The very beginning of the Lions game, he seemed nervous in the pocket but then settled down

2. The entire Browns game

1 minute ago, Coquito said:

LOL

Right, let's throw the 21 year old rookie QB under the bus. 

thats not what i said , i believe in Darnold .

but i cant lie about what i see with my own eyes and he missed wide open players for easy TD's.

he will get better but today there was no excuse to it and it was one of the reasons for the bad loss 

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

but i cant lie about what i see with my own eyes and he missed wide open players for easy TD's.

he will get better but today there was no excuse to it and it was one of the reasons for the bad loss 

The Jets have no running game and the defense gave up 503 yards/total offense. That's the PRIMARY reason for the loss. 

10 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

he didnt miss Powell and Anderson wide open for TD's?

those were easy throws for any competent QB 

Lmao those were great plays that just barley missed. He was composed and made a good read and solid throws. Has nothing to do with having happy feet or being rattled ...

Just now, nico002 said:

Lmao those were great plays that just barley missed. He was composed and made a good read and solid throws. Has nothing to do with having happy feet or being rattled ...

wtf are you talking about?

the read was part of the play , he know where the route is.

the route was good  , the player was wide open and he miss the throw , he was not accurate 

there is no if and buts about it

3 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

He also did make some very good plays that were negated by drops or penalties, like the Quincy, and Powell deep balls that hit off their hands (potential TD's). Or the Herndon one that was called back for holding. Our team was not giving him help.

i watch the second half.  the thing i take away it isn't darnold or the offense that let jax and bortles carve up the defense.  granted the offense played like crap but jax hung 25 points on the offense without a turnover.  the defense was poor and as fisher said they couldn't stop those short slants over the middle.  just what the f do we have darron lee or adams for if those pass plays work so easily.

i really wanted to wait until later in the season to express any issues with the coaching but it's time to cut bowles loose.  he's getting into the whole kotite the second routine.

17 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

That's crap.  Most NFL QBs are probably in about 30-40% completion % on throws 20+ yards or more.  They aren't easy throws for any QB.  They were open.  He missed them by inches.  It is hardly uncommon.

10 minutes ago, Grandy said:

He also did make some very good plays that were negated by drops or penalties, like the Quincy, and Powell deep balls that hit off their hands (potential TD's). Or the Herndon one that was called back for holding. Our team was not giving him help.

the herndon pass was an extremely dangerous throw. the throw was perfect, but it required the WR to make an incredible play. The ball even as well as thrown could have easily been intercepted

There really is only one observation that matters. If you can't see it, you simply are delusional. This is not a legitimate NFL franchise. Top to bottom, a joke of an organization. How many years, decades of the same garbage until this is fully understood? Until the Johnson family sells or dies off, nothing will change.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

There really is only one observation that matters. If you can't see it, you simply are delusional. This is not a legitimate NFL franchise. Top to bottom, a joke of an organization. How many years, decades of the same garbage until this is fully understood? Until the Johnson family sells or dies off, nothing will change.

The only local team owner worse than Woody and his retarded brother are the wilpons

Say all you want about Dolan the guy wants to win and has up until last year with the Rangers

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The only local team owner worse than Woody and his retarded brother are the wilpons

Say all you want about Dolan the guy wants to win and has up until last year with the Rangers

The Wilpons got the Mets a gorgeous stadium and a trip to the World Series. What have the clueless trust fund brothers accomplished since they took over? 

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

hey mokes, ytou KNOW fusion is a bakermayfiled troll dont you?

WTF are you talking about?

i thought Mayfield would be a bust(i still do) and was dreading the Jets picking him.

find one post that i say anything about Mayfield 

so when Darnold make mistakes and someone pointing it he is a troll?

regardless of any Darnold future (which i think will be good) he missed open guys today.

1 hour ago, fusionCA said:

Anderson was a td. The Powell missed throw would have been a 20 yard pickup

Look Sam needs to work on accuracy but I actually liked much if what I saw from him today

4 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

WTF are you talking about?

i thought Mayfield would be a bust(i still do) and was dreading the Jets picking him.

find one post that i say anything about Mayfield 

so when Darnold make mistakes and someone pointing it he is a troll?

regardless of any Darnold future (which i think will be good) he missed open guys today.

He’s a rookie on the road facing probably the league’s best defense

Archived