Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

Hoping the Brewers can wrap up their series today  Love the way they built that team over the past season, and they have never won it in the history of their franchise.  I go to a lot of games up in Milwaukee -- they have had great support from the fans during the good and bad times. 

Brewers and their fans deserve it.  Go Brew Crew!!!

Great game last night -- incredible drama in the last 2 innings.  But does this "opener" nonsense drive anyone else crazy.  Game 1 of a 7 game series and you pull your starter after two innings.  Then, Counsell brings in his best reliever, Hader, with a 5-1 lead in the 5th inning.  Burns him for 3 innings and 46 pitches in a non-stress situation with a comfortable lead.  Made no sense to me.  I am rooting for the Brewers, but I am just not sure you can lean on a bullpen this much and expect to win 2 more long series.

20 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

The Royals set a similar tone in 2015 World Series. Teams are figuring it is not as much who starts games, but who finishes. Also, seeing the same pitcher more than 1 time increases the probability of seeing him well.

Not saying I am in agreement to this strategy, but it is one that more teams are adopting.

I know that this is the direction the game is going.  The Royals in 2015 still got 30 innings out of their starters in a 5 game series.  The only starter that got pulled early did so because he pitched badly.  I think this Brewers team is very good, but I am not sure this strategy of leaning so heavily on your bullpen is sustainable over a long series or two series back-to-back.  I hope it works our because I really like this Brewer team and would like to see them in the Series.  

4 hours ago, NJ said:

Dude - in my eyes that won game 1 for them. Bringing Hader in for the 9 outs kept the Dodgers from scoring in those innings and ultimately let the 6 runs stand. You saw what happened when he came out. 

I think Counsell wanted to keep the Dodgers shut down and in a chasing mode while they tried to add to their lead.

They sure could have used Hader for an inning today.  Not having him available at all might have cost that game tonight.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company