Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

Sox had looked off color for a while and I ws predicting Chanx to take it...

Last night was ...  I dunno... so unusual... Eovaldi had his stuff going...

1st base ump was a nightmare and now he's supposed to call ball and strikes? mamma mia. how they can trot that guy out AT ALL , i dont agree with, for either side.

Sox fan here since 75.

Still..  I dont feel terribl;y confident.

and, yeah, Houston is looking gooood

giancarlo stanton...

absolute mare

Kimbrel made it interesting...

short porch ends up the winning run. that ball park is a joke.

59 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He is out there because he sued MLB, stating he never got post season jobs because Joe Torre had a vendetta against him.

I think the ump has proved that while Torre may have disliked him, he wasn't out there because he stinks.

in spades

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Man what a game. And over in time for a decent bedtime. I still think the key is what Chris Sale looks like the next time he pitches. If he pitches again. Porcello versus a guy who hasn’t pitched in a long time. This game 3 was big. 

Was ultra nervous yesserday...  ( BTW Sox fan since 75) Eovaldi pitched quite well..  how they score a big bloop bounce that Devers flubs a double I'll never know...  announcers sounded SO DISAPPOinted went Pearce put them back up....  they seemed to slobberingly fellate Bregman's every move ( tho he sure showed Devers how to play 3rd)

and little Jackie Bradley...  man o man...  comes up huge again....  so essential when JD is struggling as he is...

still very far from over....   

great game...   both temas get denied runs by very good defensive plays with bases loaded in 9nt...  crazy

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m very tired today. Kimbrel is becoming an issue, but man what a wacky game. Fan interference, great defensive plays, ALCS hero Jackie Bradley Jr. And the Astros are still in it because they have Verlander tonight against (gulp) Price. Sox are 4-0 on the road in the playoffs.

In the NL the Brewers head home and need to win both in order to advance. That’s a tall order but can’t count them out. 

Price...  Mr Opher Ten...  indeed...    ..  Verlander..  , I say swing away..  seems Sox take too many strikes... good series... 

13 hours ago, rillo said:

Ugh screw Boston

With all due, screw WPB, FL  :-)

Well...  the late season malaise was more of a lack of comeptition , it seems..

I thought Price gotta couple calls that defo coulda went the other way,

Verlander had one on JD that coulda been called a strike, then he went yard...

anyway, iwas very skeptical going into post season v Chanx and now Stros.

pleasantly surprised..

go Brewers!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed. Price REALLY shocked me. Especially after warming up in the 8th and 9th innings the nite before. 6 SHUTOUT innings! Unbelievable ! Going into it I would have bet the house on Verlander.

i was speculating with a friend...  that maybe cos all the history pointed to the STros taking it...  maybe that somewhat lowered the pressure for PRice?

anyway, eff the dodgers and manny machado

any old brooklyn dodgers fans that still root for them?

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

The top 3 starters blow away the Sox top 3. The Dodgers bullpen is superior. They have a better bench. They have more team speed. They have a better lineup 1-8. The Sox will lose JD Martinez for 3 games. They play in a better league. Is that enough?

awfully confident...  am not sayn nuthn, cos this season has been a mysetry to me...

a course, am a sox fan so i root for them, but predict? wouldnt dare.

30 minutes ago, section314 said:

Believe it or not, I'm rooting for your team. Despise the Dodgers. Was just trying to be objective in answer to a poster asking for predictions. Am a Mets fan, and usually root for the National League. Draw the line at the Dodgers. Go SOX.😀

confident in your belief that the Dodgers 1-8 is flat out superior...   more than anything...

all good, here

Sox getting Nunes, Holt and Jackie to produce key runs...    wow.

Again, making no predictions...  just sitting back, watching rooting, enjoying...   was a good game.

price with a gritty performance...   wasnt getting some calls he wanted...   turnaround from teh former o-fer in the playoffs...

2 out production off the charts...

3 hitter? 

wow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Up 2-0 and heading to a warmer climate. Have to feel good about their chances. They’re undefeated in 5 road games this postseason. Going up against a rookie who hasn’t really pitched all that well this postseason? Porcello has been a mixed bag and hasn’t been a great postseason pitcher but the Sox have all the momentum. 

this is all true...   I look at it like this...  Sox need 1 game there...

I think Xander and JD shots are HRs in LA as well...

serously...   so glad i hung out with the wife after the 5th...

so dodgers needed 18 innings to score 3 and win 1 game...   ok. props

• Upvote 1

listening to radio on the way home everyone villifying roberts as if they KNOW what the outcome would be if he left the starter in...

seems loike a lotta bellyaching to me...   sox been outta this world w/ 2 outs....   thats called hitting beating tghe pitching...

am sure he is caoching teh same way he did all year...    i dont agree with all the substiture pitching but thats how they do these days...

am calling TV announcer bias...

Puig HR...  immediately " Puig LAUNCHES... " et cet

M orelands...whose shot was WAYYYYYYY deeper and more obvious...  " A high FLY BALL to right...  back at the track ( Puig never moved and put his hands on his head in shame)... deep....   its gone"

eff that ish.

pearce had the game winner in the last two games, game 4 the tying run and the insurance runs they needed...

an obvious choice.

price flipping his post season script was also key...  

kelly and sale end it with 6 consec K's....

series ends with  Sale putting machado on his knees...  thats perfect....

• Upvote 1

hope pearce gets to stay...

On 10/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I did! And thanks. 

As far as Dave Roberts, back to back WS appearances is great but that only bought Rex so much time too. Seems like he just made a few bad decisions. And ran into a buzzsaw 

heard that hill went to roberts and ASKED HIM to "keep an eye on me"    ie- he was done.

again... all this bullpenning seems in fashion. aint my thing. to put it all on teh manager is, i think, lame when sox won in 5...  imean the very last game, do or die, maybe.

their pen was weaker than sox's. they were prone to lotsa Ks.

everyone overmanages these days...

ever since pedro got left in....

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company