Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

9 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t think his manager did him any favors and then turning to Lance Lynn? Not how I would have done it. 

Maybe last night was a reckoning for Judge’s DJ antics at Fenway the other night? 😉

Boone had a terrible night. Not sure if it was the warm up issue (what the hell happened there) or not. But bringing Sev back out for the 4th made no sense. He wasn't finishing people, he had no command and they put that bat on the ball a lot up until that point. Down 3 they would have lost anyway but bringing in another starter with the bases loaded wasn't a good look by Boone.

Losing is tough but what makes it worse it they didn't get to the Sox pen at all. If they kept it close and lost it could have helped for tonight.

The Yankees should be able to score off of Porcello so if CC can give them 5 good innings tonight they will be in great shape. CC throws a lot of pitches at this point so I am not sure he will be able to go more than 4.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

I think the Yanks win tonight and lose in 5.  My family, who all live in Houston, love this.  

"Just keep beating each other up!!".   Some version of that text message is on my phone every freaking day.

Houston's starting pitching is going to be a problem for whoever faces them next.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Porcello pitched pretty well against the Yankees in the regular season. CC was up and down against the Red Sox. I’m curious to see if they stick with the lineup last night or if you see Nunez and Kinsler back in there tonight as lefties struggle against the big man. I’d keep Holt in there personally. He was on fire down the stretch. 

I am pretty sure hitting for the cycle means you have to be in the lineup the next day lol. The league might get involved if he isn't.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Brewers are rolling and the Dodgers are angry with their fans. The NL is wild. 

What did I miss with the Dodgers?

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. The offense bailed him out big time. And the bullpen was good. I’m hopeful he opts out. Would be nice to free up that money.

Bregman put on his Instagram story today the Astros hitting back to back to back homeruns against Eovaldi when he was a Ray this season and just coming back. I wonder if that’s Judge like bad juju haha. 

I still don't like that Judge did that. Definitely isn't like him. I think he will learn from it. Probably didn't think it would be recorded, still wasn't the right thing to do. This Sox team is a machine. No need to poke them in any way.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

https://es.pn/2OZQZIY

Can’t copy and paste (weird) but basically, the fans are unhappy with how bad Grandal has been behind the plate and they booed him resoundingly and were chanting for his backup. Some of the players didn’t like that. It’s also LA so most of the fans were quietly on their phones for the first few innings. 

Oh wow.

The good news for the players is that you will only get boo'ed for the first 7 innings when the Dodgers are home.

• Post of the Week 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company