Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

3 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

If I were the Cubs, I would. He would have plenty of suitors if they let him play out the season. 

My guess is he wants to stay, and the Cubs want him to stay. Seems like a good fit for both.

Theo just confirmed this in his End of Season presser, Dierk.  

He is really (Theo) a phenomenal asset to the Cubs organization but he made some bad choices in 2018 that had everything to do with many of the situations Maddon took heat on. 

My only regret is that the bull pen didn't get exploited and got to hide behind some circumstance driven stats that were far from their reality.

Joe is money in so many ways and I hope we have him till he leaves the game.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Cubs fans are used to day games.  I remember when they didn't even have lights.

Whatareya old? 

8-8-88 was there for the first night game

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Great game last night -- incredible drama in the last 2 innings.  But does this "opener" nonsense drive anyone else crazy.  Game 1 of a 7 game series and you pull your starter after two innings.  Then, Counsell brings in his best reliever, Hader, with a 5-1 lead in the 5th inning.  Burns him for 3 innings and 46 pitches in a non-stress situation with a comfortable lead.  Made no sense to me.  I am rooting for the Brewers, but I am just not sure you can lean on a bullpen this much and expect to win 2 more long series.

Dude - in my eyes that won game 1 for them. Bringing Hader in for the 9 outs kept the Dodgers from scoring in those innings and ultimately let the 6 runs stand. You saw what happened when he came out. 

I think Counsell wanted to keep the Dodgers shut down and in a chasing mode while they tried to add to their lead.

Since the Cheezers have decided to make themselves true wise guy rivals (something they should stay away from given their yah-hey-der mentality) by asking when the Cubs play next on the scoreboard during the game, I hope LA beats them to their reality - senseless.

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

anyway, eff the dodgers and manny machado

Absolutely F Manny Machado - double F him and totally cosign on Yelich's thoughts on that punk.

Going to have to find a way to put aside my sincere dislike for Sale so I can root for the Bo-Sox 

Hope POS Sale gets lit up tonight so the series can go back to Bean Town where the Bo-Sox can dispatch Muchumpo and his partner in in punk Puig on their home turf.  

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company