Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

Watch the Buehler kid. He is the real deal. 

It will be interesting because the Rockies have already faced him 4 or 5 times already this year. And several times in the past few weeks.

• Upvote 1

If I am the Cubs, I would want the Dodgers, as I believe their staff is less rested and Wood probably starts. For the Rockies, I believe that Freeland would get the start.

Much rather face Wood than Freeland

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

To be fair it’s 1pm Pacific start time

The Cubs game started at Noon Central time. Their stands were packed.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Baseball playoffs are the most stupid thing on the face of the earth.  These guys play like 35 ex game, 162 reg season games and then one game playoffs.  Moronic.

It gives incentive to win the division, which is where it should be. It has been a couple of exciting days. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I wonder what he would have thought about the Cubs keeping Maddon. Only has one season left on his contract. Lame duck?

I would take Maddon on to manage my team, any day of the week.

6 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So they’ll extend him then?

If I were the Cubs, I would. He would have plenty of suitors if they let him play out the season. 

My guess is he wants to stay, and the Cubs want him to stay. Seems like a good fit for both.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

Great game last night -- incredible drama in the last 2 innings.  But does this "opener" nonsense drive anyone else crazy.  Game 1 of a 7 game series and you pull your starter after two innings.  Then, Counsell brings in his best reliever, Hader, with a 5-1 lead in the 5th inning.  Burns him for 3 innings and 46 pitches in a non-stress situation with a comfortable lead.  Made no sense to me.  I am rooting for the Brewers, but I am just not sure you can lean on a bullpen this much and expect to win 2 more long series.

The Royals set a similar tone in 2015 World Series. Teams are figuring it is not as much who starts games, but who finishes. Also, seeing the same pitcher more than 1 time increases the probability of seeing him well.

Not saying I am in agreement to this strategy, but it is one that more teams are adopting.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I know that this is the direction the game is going.  The Royals in 2015 still got 30 innings out of their starters in a 5 game series.  The only starter that got pulled early did so because he pitched badly.  I think this Brewers team is very good, but I am not sure this strategy of leaning so heavily on your bullpen is sustainable over a long series or two series back-to-back.  I hope it works our because I really like this Brewer team and would like to see them in the Series.  

I think it is sustainable over a series (if you have a very good relief corps). It is a season that it is not sustainable.

27 minutes ago, Lith said:

They sure could have used Hader for an inning today.  Not having him available at all might have cost that game tonight.

They managed to win game 1 yesterday, not game 2. 

Counsell does a good job in doing this, and his results really can't be questioned.  

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Brewers are rolling and the Dodgers are angry with their fans. The NL is wild. 

Counsell is doing a very good job with managing the pitching staff. He is playing with fire, as somewhere along the line, one of these relievers will be "off". 

I see what he is trying to do, as he is trying to get as many innings as he can with left handers, because that helps negate the Dodgers line-up. The Dodgers are really built to be home run, or bust.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

https://es.pn/2OZQZIY

Can’t copy and paste (weird) but basically, the fans are unhappy with how bad Grandal has been behind the plate and they booed him resoundingly and were chanting for his backup. Some of the players didn’t like that. It’s also LA so most of the fans were quietly on their phones for the first few innings. 

Grandal has been an absolute butcher back there.

12 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The AL was far superior to the NL this year in inter league play. 

False. The NL won more games in interleague play this year.

18 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh. My bad. First time since 2003. Good on ya!

We agree then, you were wrong in that statement. Good on ya.

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I was. I’m sure you’re relishing that. 

If I had not had relish often, then it would be great. This is not considered a relishing moment, based on criteria. ;)

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The reasons you stated were factually and statistically incorrect. If you watched the game last night you’d know which team is the better team. 

You thought the Astros were the better team in the ALCS, yet the Sox won. hmmmm.

8 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I thought on paper the Astros were the better team. October is typically when really good pitching teams flourish. I thought their rotation would pitch better. Apparently the Red Sox lineup has different ideas. Which I’m completely fine with. That’s not the case with the Dodgers. The Sox are a better team than them. 

Not sure of this "paper" thing of which you speak is. But I am satisfied (or relished) in further knowing that your predictions of "better teams" don't always work out that way. We will see.

4 hours ago, section314 said:

Interesting tidbit about the Mets. They are supposedly down to 3 people in the GM search. One is Cespedes' agent, one is a Tampa personnel guy, and the third is Doug Melvin, former Brewer GM. Minnesota and Toronto just hired managers, both from the Tampa organization. Will see if the Mets make it three. Ownership has mandated that whomever is the choice, that they have to keep the current manager, pitching coach and Omar Minaya, who will have a say in all personnel decisions. Does this remind you of any other team that we root for?😂

I actually agree with keeping Minaya. He scours Latin America very well and seems to have a good eye. I am hoping that Ricco stays on in some capacity as well.

36 minutes ago, section314 said:

Omar is a very good talent evaluator. But when not only keeping him, but telling any candidate that he will have a say in player moves, it's basically turning your GM into Brett Boone, a puppet. Why not just name Omar the GM?

Minaya is not great at the day to day nuances of what the GM job details, in my opinion.

If I were an incoming GM, I would be ecstatic to have  someone that will beat the bushes in the Latin American countries, and is proven at it. 

It is always the GM's prerogative whether he wants to pull the trigger on any suggestion.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know....wonder where he will end up? Dodgers will have a healthy Corey Seager back next year. This Bellinger kid has a chance to be pretty special. Him and Benedetti are wonderful to watch.

Phillies will make a big run at him.

• Post of the Week 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company