Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

31 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

The AL is a straight blood bath. Other than MAYBE the dodgers, I don't think the NL has a chance to win the series this year. 

Agreed   I think any of the AL teams takes the World Series over any NL team.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If Houston can sweep, they are going to sit around for 4-5 days.   Verlander gets extra rest, the bullpen gets extra rest.   Meanwhile, the Yanks and Sox bullpens are throwing 5-7 innings a game.   Houston doesn't need the help, they are so good as it is.

If (huge, huge if) the Yanks can beat Boston, Verlander will strike out Stanton 3 times on 9-10 pitches.

Sox's / Yanks shaping up as a good battle, not there was any doubt it would. Wish Soxs could pitch Sales every game. lol

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Methinks the Sox will be having a similar approach to the Yankees starter tonight. 

I'm just happy that Pomeranz didn't make the off season roster. What a difference from last year.

On 10/14/2018 at 11:22 AM, Blackout said:

108 wins....they are choking to a lesser team.  chris sale himself said this Sox team is the best team ever.  no excuses.

:rl:   Looks like someone spoke too soon.

On 10/19/2018 at 5:35 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Thoughts?

He'll have none. lol

23 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Well...  the late season malaise was more of a lack of comeptition , it seems..

I thought Price gotta couple calls that defo coulda went the other way,

Verlander had one on JD that coulda been called a strike, then he went yard...

anyway, iwas very skeptical going into post season v Chanx and now Stros.

pleasantly surprised..

go Brewers!

Agreed. Price REALLY shocked me. Especially after warming up in the 8th and 9th innings the nite before. 6 SHUTOUT innings! Unbelievable ! Going into it I would have bet the house on Verlander.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, section314 said:

The top 3 starters blow away the Sox top 3. The Dodgers bullpen is superior. They have a better bench. They have more team speed. They have a better lineup 1-8. The Sox will lose JD Martinez for 3 games. They play in a better league. Is that enough?

So far you're 2/3 wrong with this. ;-)   Sox bench and bullpen getting the job done so far.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Losmeister said:

price with a gritty performance...   wasnt getting some calls he wanted...   turnaround from teh former o-fer in the playoffs...

2 out production off the charts...

3 hitter? 

wow.

Price was incredible last night. Just what the Sawx needed. Love taking the 1st 2 at home.

6 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Up 2-0 and heading to a warmer climate. Have to feel good about their chances. They’re undefeated in 5 road games this postseason. Going up against a rookie who hasn’t really pitched all that well this postseason? Porcello has been a mixed bag and hasn’t been a great postseason pitcher but the Sox have all the momentum. 

It all depends on which Porcello shows up tomorrow nite.

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Agreed. I thought they were gonna tatoo Evoldi last night. Dodgers have a lot of good fastball hitters. The Red Sox with two strikes are unbelievable. As a Mets fan, it brings back nightmares of the Royals a few years back. You can't put them away.The kid needs to pitch like he did in game 7 vs the Brewers tomorrow for the Dodgers.

I like the Mets too in the NL. Don't follow them like i did during the Koosman/ Seaver era. They turned so cheap after the Bernie Madolf thing it really turned me off.  Killed me when they played the Sox in the WS back in 86.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Interesting tidbit about the Mets. They are supposedly down to 3 people in the GM search. One is Cespedes' agent, one is a Tampa personnel guy, and the third is Doug Melvin, former Brewer GM. Minnesota and Toronto just hired managers, both from the Tampa organization. Will see if the Mets make it three. Ownership has mandated that whomever is the choice, that they have to keep the current manager, pitching coach and Omar Minaya, who will have a say in all personnel decisions. Does this remind you of any other team that we root for?😂

Mets told Melvin he's out of the running. Can't see why he was even in the final 3. Old school. That's why he stepped down from Brewers. Really can't see them going with an agent for GM. That leaves the Tampa guy in my mind.

Hmmm still trying to think of this other org. that we root for that would remind me of the Mets . lol

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, section314 said:

Omar is a very good talent evaluator. But when not only keeping him, but telling any candidate that he will have a say in player moves, it's basically turning your GM into Brett Boone, a puppet. Why not just name Omar the GM?

Looks like the agent Van Wagenen will be getting the Mets GM job. That opens a whole box of conflict of interest questions.

35 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yeah.......maybe this guy has a good relationship with the agents for Machado and Conforto. Other than that, don't get it.

After watching Machado in the WS I would want no part of him. Turned a double into a long single last nite with his lack of hustle. To quote Manny "hustling isn't my cup of tea". Indeed !

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m so tired. 

I only made it thru the 12th then I bailed. We had our chances. Only scoring 2 runs in 18 isn't going to win many games. Wonder who pitches tonite ?

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

I know....wonder where he will end up? Dodgers will have a healthy Corey Seager back next year. This Bellinger kid has a chance to be pretty special. Him and Benedetti are wonderful to watch.

Who knows ? I gotta think his "performance" in this series and playoffs has cost him some big money. You reap what you sow.

Just now, CrazyCarl40 said:

Smug DBag who wants a big pay day? He’s going to be a Yankee. 

OMG !  You don't know how much I want this to come to pass.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Heard Pomeranz.

SERIOUSLY doubt it since he's NOT on the post season roster.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

If they were going to use him they should have used him last night and saved Eovaldi. 

See above post.

18 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s on the World Series roster. He was warming up in the pen last night. 

Yes I missed it. He was added Tuesday. I think the fact that he hasn't been used at all speaks volumes.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

One more to go! Come and get your Kershaw narratives tonight. Should be interesting. 

I was out last night and when I put the game on it was 0-4. I nearly vomited. I was in full WTF?  mode. Thank God they finally woke up. I was on the phone with a friend in Phoenix when Pearse came up with the bases juiced. I mentioned that with Benentendi on 1st with his speed he could score on a nice double in the gap. A few pitches later BINGO ! Great to see. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Yanks better not sign Machado.

I seriously hope they do Matt. lol  What a total smuck especially considering he's showcasing for a huge FA contract. I'm betting this cost him big bucks.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NJ said:

Hope POS Sale gets lit up tonight so the series can go back to Bean Town where the Bo-Sox can dispatch Muchumpo and his partner in in punk Puig on their home turf.  

Sorry to disappoint.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sale wasn’t even slated to pitch when you posted this. But Muchumpo is hilarious. 

I just figured he was on something. lol

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What a team. Probably one of the best of all time. Just dominant from start to finish. Congrats fellow Sox fans!

Like they said Carl, one of the few times the best team in baseball won it all. SO glad he brought in Sale to finish it. And finish it he did.

What did you think of Pearse for MVP? I understand the choice but I kinda would have picked Price if it came down to it.

Pearse was such a great pick up for us by Dombrowski.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

hope pearce gets to stay...

That would be perfect. I know as of right now he would be back.

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I did! And thanks. 

As far as Dave Roberts, back to back WS appearances is great but that only bought Rex so much time too. Seems like he just made a few bad decisions. And ran into a buzzsaw 

I think you and I mentioned that ANY AL rep in the WS would win it. Unfortunately for LA they did run into the best. 

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

I swear, Roberts is the MLB version of Todd Bowles. As soon as the ump yells "play ball," he looks bewildered.

I think he OVER managed. Too many moves that blew up in his face. On the other hand EVERYTHING Cora did worked out perfectly. After game 3 I stopped 2nd guessing him.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

This Sox team is one of the most remarkable that I can remember, and I am almost 61 and have been watching baseball for a long, long time. Really happy for David Price, too. Maybe the Dodgers hope Kershaw opts out now?

I thought he might get the MVP. Pearace was great but if it wasn't him I think someone else steps up to bat and gets it done. On the other hand remove Price from the equation and I honestly don't know if we win it. Who would have filled that gap? The injured Sale? Pomeranz ? Please.

3 hours ago, section314 said:

Personally, I would have stopped after 108-54.😎 Congrats to you and your team. They are a pleasure to watch.

Thank you. Yes they're exciting as hell to watch.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Never stop second guessing managers. I mean, as Sox fans we’re lucky to have had a good run of managers (except for the terrible Bobby decision). Jets fans, we’re not so lucky. Haha. 

I was so happy when they signed Bobby V. Turn out to be a one and done thankfully.

6 hours ago, section314 said:

This Sox team is one of the most remarkable that I can remember, and I am almost 61 and have been watching baseball for a long, long time. Really happy for David Price, too. Maybe the Dodgers hope Kershaw opts out now?

Speculation is that Kershaw will opt out but use it as leverage on the Dodgers. Smart money says they will add a year and $$ to his current deal.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, Losmeister said:

heard that hill went to roberts and ASKED HIM to "keep an eye on me"    ie- he was done.

again... all this bullpenning seems in fashion. aint my thing. to put it all on teh manager is, i think, lame when sox won in 5...  imean the very last game, do or die, maybe.

their pen was weaker than sox's. they were prone to lotsa Ks.

I heard the same thing. I think what he meant was that if he were giving up "seeing eye" singles he was OK. But if he were giving up solid line drive hits or walks pull me. Lots of LA controversy with that but there was no way they were beating the Sox no matter what. IMO Roberts "over" managed. That hurt LA.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company