Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

34 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They won the WS, came back and won even more games in the regular season with 103.   I know the AL is real top heavy, with some brutally bad teams at the bottom, but the 4 remaining are all so good.   I agree, this will be an entertaining couple weeks.

Baseball is nuts in that it goes from the most boring/pointless of the 4 sports from April to August, then starts heating up in September, and then becomes the most interesting thing in sports in October. I'm so excited for the next 4 weeks of baseball.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

So is Luis Severino still the best pitcher in the mlb?  I’m just wondering guys because I was literally called a retarded person for 2 months on this board because I didn’t have that opinion

He's great in the regular season. He's not a big-game pitcher, but we've known that for awhile. There's a reason he didn't get the WC game.

He's the opposite of el duque.

Just now, Maxman said:

Boone had a terrible night. Not sure if it was the warm up issue (what the hell happened there) or not. But bringing Sev back out for the 4th made no sense. He wasn't finishing people, he had no command and they put that bat on the ball a lot up until that point. Down 3 they would have lost anyway but bringing in another starter with the bases loaded wasn't a good look by Boone.

Losing is tough but what makes it worse it they didn't get to the Sox pen at all. If they kept it close and lost it could have helped for tonight.

The Yankees should be able to score off of Porcello so if CC can give them 5 good innings tonight they will be in great shape. CC throws a lot of pitches at this point so I am not sure he will be able to go more than 4.

Yep, my brother was screaming at the TV when Sevi came back out for the 4th. Meanwhile, Cora actually made the right move going against the current trend and left Eovaldi out there to save the pen.

Tonight's going to be tough. This is a new feeling...I'm actually kinda nervous going to the game tonight.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chirorob said:

He pitched the wild card game

Yep, he did. My bad. I confused myself because I remember thinking that starting him in the WC game this year would be a mistake given how he performed in the WC last year.

He did however have a great game 4 in last year's alds. Probably the most fun I've ever had a baseball game. Hopefully tonight matches last year's game 4.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company