Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

12 hours ago, BroadwayBen said:

Lets go Indians! Lol but seriously, friday can't come soon enough. Post season baseball is such a special time of the year. 

Their staff is soooo deep.   

Boston has to be the favorite, but you have 3 teams with 100 wins, and the other team has 4 different 200 strikeout starters who all have an ERA under 3.4

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I love you too. 

I think Houston is the favorite. They won last year. Should still be the favorite this year. Going to be fun. 

They won the WS, came back and won even more games in the regular season with 103.   I know the AL is real top heavy, with some brutally bad teams at the bottom, but the 4 remaining are all so good.   I agree, this will be an entertaining couple weeks.

Houston looks like crap....

Their starters are sick.

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Houston is a buzzsaw and whomever makes it out of the other series alive is not going to be the favorite. 

Houston is gping for the sweep, while the yanks and boston are annihilating each others bullpen with too much work.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed   I think any of the AL teams takes the World Series over any NL team.

If Houston can sweep, they are going to sit around for 4-5 days.   Verlander gets extra rest, the bullpen gets extra rest.   Meanwhile, the Yanks and Sox bullpens are throwing 5-7 innings a game.   Houston doesn't need the help, they are so good as it is.

If (huge, huge if) the Yanks can beat Boston, Verlander will strike out Stanton 3 times on 9-10 pitches.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, Philc1 said:

Yankees fans absolutely annihilated Sanchez this year even demanding the scrub Romine start over him in the playoffs 

thrilled for Gary Sanchez

I want Sanchez to do well.

I think Romine is a great #2 catcher.   He can hit enough, with a little pop, and is decent defensively.    Sanchez hit under 190, and missed a ton of games and still led the league in passed balls.   You HAVE to give him another full season, his talent is too great.

Bird, that's another story.   Again, I want him to succeed, but he had a miserable year, and has never shown the ability to stay healthy for a full season.  I thought he would have a monster year, a decent lefty bat between Stanton, Judge and Sanchez.  

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Sox's / Yanks shaping up as a good battle, not there was any doubt it would. Wish Soxs could pitch Sales every game. lol

Eovaldi is really good, such a live arm.   The whole thing is make him throw a lot of pitches, and get him out by the 5th, so Yanks can try to work on the bullpen.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Methinks the Sox will be having a similar approach to the Yankees starter tonight. 

Of course.

I love Eovaldi.   I was so happy he was able to come back (I wish that the Yanks had him), after all that he has been through.   Dude can throw 98 all day, with a 94 cutter that moves.   It's just consistancy and health with him.

That being said, I like NY's bullpen over Bostons.   I like your lineup better, and you don't have Stanton just acting clueless at the plate in the middle of your line up.   It's not that he is making outs, he just swings at anything, and doesn't seem to have any idea what he is doing.

Houston just told the Indians, "B****, please.   Go home, you are embarrassing yourself."

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So is Luis Severino still the best pitcher in the mlb?  I’m just wondering guys because I was literally called a retarded person for 2 months on this board because I didn’t have that opinion

He pitched like crap.

Either he's hurt, or he massively lost command of his pitches.   He does need a 3rd pitch, either a real change or something else, because if one of his 2 aren't working, he gets hit.

2 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t think his manager did him any favors and then turning to Lance Lynn? Not how I would have done it. 

Maybe last night was a reckoning for Judge’s DJ antics at Fenway the other night? 😉

It's Yanks and Sox in the playoffs, neither team needs any extra motivation.   I said it at the time, and I've said it since, I wish the Yanks had brought back Eovaldi.  

On a side note, I also maintain if the Yanks somehow beat Boston, Houston's starting pitching will be a nightmare.    Those power strikeout righties with extra rest vs NY's lineup?   5 hits, 1 run (if lucky), 15 strikeouts a game.

31 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He's great in the regular season. He's not a big-game pitcher, but we've known that for awhile. There's a reason he didn't get the WC game.

He's the opposite of el duque.

He pitched the wild card game

7 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Sox had looked off color for a while and I ws predicting Chanx to take it...

Last night was ...  I dunno... so unusual... Eovaldi had his stuff going...

1st base ump was a nightmare and now he's supposed to call ball and strikes? mamma mia. how they can trot that guy out AT ALL , i dont agree with, for either side.

Sox fan here since 75.

Still..  I dont feel terribl;y confident.

I think the Yanks win tonight and lose in 5.  My family, who all live in Houston, love this.  

"Just keep beating each other up!!".   Some version of that text message is on my phone every freaking day.

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

I think he is what he is.  He’s a good to very good 2 or 3 he’s not an ace

Tanaka is the new Andy Pettite.  A good second or third starter who is excellent in the playoffs but again not an ace 

We need to spend big bucks on starting pitching this offseason.  Enough of this garbage oh Kershaw is gonna want too much money no that’s nonsense.  We are not beating Houston or Boston with CC, JA Happ and Luis Cessa

And if you need to use Didi and Dellin as trade bait to get an ace from somewhere then do it

He needs a 3rd pitch.   If his slider or fastball is a little off, hitters have learned to lay off one and just feast on the other. 

I believe Patrick Corbin on the Diamondbacks is a FA.   29, he may be someone to look at.   Kershaw is older, and not the same guy, he has a lot of miles and you are hoping for 150-160 innings at most.   I don't really know who else is out there, but yes, they have to sign/ trade for someone.  

The problem with moving Didi is he is their only left handed bat.   (well, Hicks is a switch).

On 10/9/2018 at 9:04 AM, Losmeister said:

1st base ump was a nightmare and now he's supposed to call ball and strikes? mamma mia. how they can trot that guy out AT ALL , i dont agree with, for either side.

He is out there because he sued MLB, stating he never got post season jobs because Joe Torre had a vendetta against him.

I think the ump has proved that while Torre may have disliked him, he wasn't out there because he stinks.

Down 0-1, with David Price on the hill, and the Sox pull one out.    Makes it a series.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:44 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

A lesser team? Get a grip. The Astros were the favorite to win this series. This could be the best Sox team ever and they won a lot of games, but they have flaws and the Astros are a better team. 

This was a pick 'em series at best.   Losing a best of 7 series to a defending champion who won over 100 games is not a choke.  Like wise, losing a 7 game series to a team that won 108 games is also not a choke.

31 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not at all a choke. Blackout is a known troll around these parts. I was hoping for actual baseball conversation in this thread. We had it for a while. 

Houston winning game 1, and you going with Price game 2 I thought was going to put you in a huge hole.

I can't stand that guy, I don't know what it is.   Even last night, I know his team won a playoff game he started, 4 runs in 4 and 2/3 isn't a great stat line, but the whole "Price turns around postseason narrative" headline on espn is poop.   He is a playoff career choke artist.   Now, you have plenty of very clutch players, and a healthy Sale is a flat out stud starter. 

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. The offense bailed him out big time. And the bullpen was good. I’m hopeful he opts out. Would be nice to free up that money.

Bregman put on his Instagram story today the Astros hitting back to back to back homeruns against Eovaldi when he was a Ray this season and just coming back. I wonder if that’s Judge like bad juju haha. 

I don't think he will opt out.   It would be to go to a lesser team, and honestly I don't think he'd get as much money.   His playoff record is so bad, I don't know how many playoff caliber teams would want him.

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company