Sign in to follow this  
CrazyCarl40

2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

34 minutes ago, chirorob said:

They won the WS, came back and won even more games in the regular season with 103.   I know the AL is real top heavy, with some brutally bad teams at the bottom, but the 4 remaining are all so good.   I agree, this will be an entertaining couple weeks.

Baseball is nuts in that it goes from the most boring/pointless of the 4 sports from April to August, then starts heating up in September, and then becomes the most interesting thing in sports in October. I'm so excited for the next 4 weeks of baseball.

I can’t believe it’s the first time the Sox and Yanks are meeting in the playoffs since the worst playoff collapse in major sports history. 

Anyway, predictions anyone?

I’ve got Sox over Yanks, Astros over Indians, Dodgers over Braves and Rockies over Brewers. That last one I’m not 100% on. All of them will be close series though. 

11 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Cubs fans are used to day games.  I remember when they didn't even have lights.

Whatareya old? 

8-8-88 was there for the first night game

12 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

1. Yes

2. Don't they still play more day games than any other team?  The fans should be prepared.

Wrigley most fun place to watch a game and I’m a Yankee fan saying that

1 minute ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Houston is a buzzsaw and whomever makes it out of the other series alive is not going to be the favorite. 

Houston is gping for the sweep, while the yanks and boston are annihilating each others bullpen with too much work.

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Yankees fans absolutely annihilated Sanchez this year even demanding the scrub Romine start over him in the playoffs 

thrilled for Gary Sanchez

Not me. I’ve actually stuck by Bird too. These guys are still so young. 

Sanchez issues is all about focus. Bird’s was confidence 

Was unaware of the nice baseball community here.  Dodgers fan here hoping Buehler can finish the sweep tonight.

Have a feeling Yankees/Red Sox is going 5.  I would bet the Yankees, but it's very hard to say.  

Hoping the Brewers can wrap up their series today  Love the way they built that team over the past season, and they have never won it in the history of their franchise.  I go to a lot of games up in Milwaukee -- they have had great support from the fans during the good and bad times. 

Brewers and their fans deserve it.  Go Brew Crew!!!

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Not me. I’ve actually stuck by Bird too. These guys are still so young. 

Sanchez issues is all about focus. Bird’s was confidence 

Players just have bad years from time to time.  Sanchez was phenomenal his two seasons here to give up on him because of 1 bad season is asinine

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Time for Severino to pitch like the ace top 2 starting pitcher in all of mlb I keep hearing about

bring back the curse

Curse is never coming back. Sox are here to stay. Will be even better when they get rid of Dumbroski. He’s awful. Did pick a good manager though. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:11 AM, chirorob said:

Their staff is soooo deep.   

Boston has to be the favorite, but you have 3 teams with 100 wins, and the other team has 4 different 200 strikeout starters who all have an ERA under 3.4

The AL is a straight blood bath. Other than MAYBE the dodgers, I don't think the NL has a chance to win the series this year. 

31 minutes ago, BroadwayBen said:

The AL is a straight blood bath. Other than MAYBE the dodgers, I don't think the NL has a chance to win the series this year. 

Agreed   I think any of the AL teams takes the World Series over any NL team.

9 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed   I think any of the AL teams takes the World Series over any NL team.

If Houston can sweep, they are going to sit around for 4-5 days.   Verlander gets extra rest, the bullpen gets extra rest.   Meanwhile, the Yanks and Sox bullpens are throwing 5-7 innings a game.   Houston doesn't need the help, they are so good as it is.

If (huge, huge if) the Yanks can beat Boston, Verlander will strike out Stanton 3 times on 9-10 pitches.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:35 AM, Philc1 said:

Yankees fans absolutely annihilated Sanchez this year even demanding the scrub Romine start over him in the playoffs 

thrilled for Gary Sanchez

I want Sanchez to do well.

I think Romine is a great #2 catcher.   He can hit enough, with a little pop, and is decent defensively.    Sanchez hit under 190, and missed a ton of games and still led the league in passed balls.   You HAVE to give him another full season, his talent is too great.

Bird, that's another story.   Again, I want him to succeed, but he had a miserable year, and has never shown the ability to stay healthy for a full season.  I thought he would have a monster year, a decent lefty bat between Stanton, Judge and Sanchez.  

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

If Houston can sweep, they are going to sit around for 4-5 days.   Verlander gets extra rest, the bullpen gets extra rest.   Meanwhile, the Yanks and Sox bullpens are throwing 5-7 innings a game.   Houston doesn't need the help, they are so good as it is.

If (huge, huge if) the Yanks can beat Boston, Verlander will strike out Stanton 3 times on 9-10 pitches.

Sox's / Yanks shaping up as a good battle, not there was any doubt it would. Wish Soxs could pitch Sales every game. lol

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

Sox's / Yanks shaping up as a good battle, not there was any doubt it would. Wish Soxs could pitch Sales every game. lol

Eovaldi is really good, such a live arm.   The whole thing is make him throw a lot of pitches, and get him out by the 5th, so Yanks can try to work on the bullpen.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

Eovaldi is really good, such a live arm.   The whole thing is make him throw a lot of pitches, and get him out by the 5th, so Yanks can try to work on the bullpen.

Methinks the Sox will be having a similar approach to the Yankees starter tonight. 

11 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Methinks the Sox will be having a similar approach to the Yankees starter tonight. 

I'm just happy that Pomeranz didn't make the off season roster. What a difference from last year.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Of course.

I love Eovaldi.   I was so happy he was able to come back (I wish that the Yanks had him), after all that he has been through.   Dude can throw 98 all day, with a 94 cutter that moves.   It's just consistancy and health with him.

That being said, I like NY's bullpen over Bostons.   I like your lineup better, and you don't have Stanton just acting clueless at the plate in the middle of your line up.   It's not that he is making outs, he just swings at anything, and doesn't seem to have any idea what he is doing.