2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

CrazyCarl40

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I did! And thanks. 

As far as Dave Roberts, back to back WS appearances is great but that only bought Rex so much time too. Seems like he just made a few bad decisions. And ran into a buzzsaw 

I think you and I mentioned that ANY AL rep in the WS would win it. Unfortunately for LA they did run into the best. 

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I did! And thanks. 

As far as Dave Roberts, back to back WS appearances is great but that only bought Rex so much time too. Seems like he just made a few bad decisions. And ran into a buzzsaw 

This Sox team is one of the most remarkable that I can remember, and I am almost 61 and have been watching baseball for a long, long time. Really happy for David Price, too. Maybe the Dodgers hope Kershaw opts out now?

11 minutes ago, section314 said:

I swear, Roberts is the MLB version of Todd Bowles. As soon as the ump yells "play ball," he looks bewildered.

I think he OVER managed. Too many moves that blew up in his face. On the other hand EVERYTHING Cora did worked out perfectly. After game 3 I stopped 2nd guessing him.

1 minute ago, section314 said:

This Sox team is one of the most remarkable that I can remember, and I am almost 61 and have been watching baseball for a long, long time. Really happy for David Price, too. Maybe the Dodgers hope Kershaw opts out now?

I thought he might get the MVP. Pearace was great but if it wasn't him I think someone else steps up to bat and gets it done. On the other hand remove Price from the equation and I honestly don't know if we win it. Who would have filled that gap? The injured Sale? Pomeranz ? Please.

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I think he OVER managed. Too many moves that blew up in his face. On the other hand EVERYTHING Cora did worked out perfectly. After game 3 I stopped 2nd guessing him.

Personally, I would have stopped after 108-54.? Congrats to you and your team. They are a pleasure to watch.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

Personally, I would have stopped after 108-54.? Congrats to you and your team. They are a pleasure to watch.

Never stop second guessing managers. I mean, as Sox fans we’re lucky to have had a good run of managers (except for the terrible Bobby decision). Jets fans, we’re not so lucky. Haha. 

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Never stop second guessing managers. I mean, as Sox fans we’re lucky to have had a good run of managers (except for the terrible Bobby decision). Jets fans, we’re not so lucky. Haha. 

No kidding. I think that to really start second guessing mangers/coaches, the coach and the team have to at least be decent. When you have a bad coach/team, you kind of accept the fact that you probably will lose lots more than you win, and realize it's kind of pointless to think things could be really different.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I was so happy when they signed Bobby V. Turn out to be a one and done thankfully.

6 hours ago, section314 said:

Speculation is that Kershaw will opt out but use it as leverage on the Dodgers. Smart money says they will add a year and $$ to his current deal.

On 10/29/2018 at 6:05 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

I did! And thanks. 

heard that hill went to roberts and ASKED HIM to "keep an eye on me"    ie- he was done.

again... all this bullpenning seems in fashion. aint my thing. to put it all on teh manager is, i think, lame when sox won in 5...  imean the very last game, do or die, maybe.

their pen was weaker than sox's. they were prone to lotsa Ks.

On 10/30/2018 at 11:24 AM, Losmeister said:

heard that hill went to roberts and ASKED HIM to "keep an eye on me"    ie- he was done.

again... all this bullpenning seems in fashion. aint my thing. to put it all on teh manager is, i think, lame when sox won in 5...  imean the very last game, do or die, maybe.

their pen was weaker than sox's. they were prone to lotsa Ks.

I heard the same thing. I think what he meant was that if he were giving up "seeing eye" singles he was OK. But if he were giving up solid line drive hits or walks pull me. Lots of LA controversy with that but there was no way they were beating the Sox no matter what. IMO Roberts "over" managed. That hurt LA.

Archived