2018 MLB Playoffs Thread

CrazyCarl40

5 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. The offense bailed him out big time. And the bullpen was good. I’m hopeful he opts out. Would be nice to free up that money.

Bregman put on his Instagram story today the Astros hitting back to back to back homeruns against Eovaldi when he was a Ray this season and just coming back. I wonder if that’s Judge like bad juju haha. 

I don't think he will opt out.   It would be to go to a lesser team, and honestly I don't think he'd get as much money.   His playoff record is so bad, I don't know how many playoff caliber teams would want him.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Brewers are rolling and the Dodgers are angry with their fans. The NL is wild. 

Counsell is doing a very good job with managing the pitching staff. He is playing with fire, as somewhere along the line, one of these relievers will be "off". 

I see what he is trying to do, as he is trying to get as many innings as he can with left handers, because that helps negate the Dodgers line-up. The Dodgers are really built to be home run, or bust.

16 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yeah. The offense bailed him out big time. And the bullpen was good. I’m hopeful he opts out. Would be nice to free up that money.

Bregman put on his Instagram story today the Astros hitting back to back to back homeruns against Eovaldi when he was a Ray this season and just coming back. I wonder if that’s Judge like bad juju haha. 

I still don't like that Judge did that. Definitely isn't like him. I think he will learn from it. Probably didn't think it would be recorded, still wasn't the right thing to do. This Sox team is a machine. No need to poke them in any way.

21 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What did I miss with the Dodgers?

https://es.pn/2OZQZIY

Can’t copy and paste (weird) but basically, the fans are unhappy with how bad Grandal has been behind the plate and they booed him resoundingly and were chanting for his backup. Some of the players didn’t like that. It’s also LA so most of the fans were quietly on their phones for the first few innings. 

49 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Can’t copy and paste (weird) but basically, the fans are unhappy with how bad Grandal has been behind the plate and they booed him resoundingly and were chanting for his backup. Some of the players didn’t like that. It’s also LA so most of the fans were quietly on their phones for the first few innings. 

Oh wow.

The good news for the players is that you will only get boo'ed for the first 7 innings when the Dodgers are home.

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Grandal has been an absolute butcher back there.

11 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Man what a game. And over in time for a decent bedtime. I still think the key is what Chris Sale looks like the next time he pitches. If he pitches again. Porcello versus a guy who hasn’t pitched in a long time. This game 3 was big. 

Was ultra nervous yesserday...  ( BTW Sox fan since 75) Eovaldi pitched quite well..  how they score a big bloop bounce that Devers flubs a double I'll never know...  announcers sounded SO DISAPPOinted went Pearce put them back up....  they seemed to slobberingly fellate Bregman's every move ( tho he sure showed Devers how to play 3rd)

and little Jackie Bradley...  man o man...  comes up huge again....  so essential when JD is struggling as he is...

still very far from over....   

1 hour ago, Losmeister said:

great game...   both temas get denied runs by very good defensive plays with bases loaded in 9nt...  crazy

I’m very tired today. Kimbrel is becoming an issue, but man what a wacky game. Fan interference, great defensive plays, ALCS hero Jackie Bradley Jr. And the Astros are still in it because they have Verlander tonight against (gulp) Price. Sox are 4-0 on the road in the playoffs.

In the NL the Brewers head home and need to win both in order to advance. That’s a tall order but can’t count them out. 

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m very tired today. Kimbrel is becoming an issue, but man what a wacky game. Fan interference, great defensive plays, ALCS hero Jackie Bradley Jr. And the Astros are still in it because they have Verlander tonight against (gulp) Price. Sox are 4-0 on the road in the playoffs.

In the NL the Brewers head home and need to win both in order to advance. That’s a tall order but can’t count them out. 

Price...  Mr Opher Ten...  indeed...    ..  Verlander..  , I say swing away..  seems Sox take too many strikes... good series... 

Well...  the late season malaise was more of a lack of comeptition , it seems..

I thought Price gotta couple calls that defo coulda went the other way,

Verlander had one on JD that coulda been called a strike, then he went yard...

anyway, iwas very skeptical going into post season v Chanx and now Stros.

pleasantly surprised..

go Brewers!

23 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Well...  the late season malaise was more of a lack of comeptition , it seems..

I thought Price gotta couple calls that defo coulda went the other way,

Verlander had one on JD that coulda been called a strike, then he went yard...

anyway, iwas very skeptical going into post season v Chanx and now Stros.

pleasantly surprised..

go Brewers!

Agreed. Price REALLY shocked me. Especially after warming up in the 8th and 9th innings the nite before. 6 SHUTOUT innings! Unbelievable ! Going into it I would have bet the house on Verlander.

28 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed. Price REALLY shocked me. Especially after warming up in the 8th and 9th innings the nite before. 6 SHUTOUT innings! Unbelievable ! Going into it I would have bet the house on Verlander.

i was speculating with a friend...  that maybe cos all the history pointed to the STros taking it...  maybe that somewhat lowered the pressure for PRice?

anyway, eff the dodgers and manny machado

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

anyway, eff the dodgers and manny machado

Absolutely F Manny Machado - double F him and totally cosign on Yelich's thoughts on that punk.

Going to have to find a way to put aside my sincere dislike for Sale so I can root for the Bo-Sox 

4 hours ago, section314 said:

As a National League fan, it kills me to have to root for the American League team two years in a row. That's how much I  despise the Dodgers. That being said, I think the Dodgers are a better team...Dodgers in 6.

In what ways are the Dodgers better? Maybe they have a better rotation, but that’s minimal at best. The Sox just dispatched two 100 win teams fairly easily. I’d like to hear why the Dodgers are better than a 108 win team. 

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

In what ways are the Dodgers better? Maybe they have a better rotation, but that’s minimal at best. The Sox just dispatched two 100 win teams fairly easily. I’d like to hear why the Dodgers are better than a 108 win team. 

The top 3 starters blow away the Sox top 3. The Dodgers bullpen is superior. They have a better bench. They have more team speed. They have a better lineup 1-8. The Sox will lose JD Martinez for 3 games. They play in a better league. Is that enough?

38 minutes ago, section314 said:

The top 3 starters blow away the Sox top 3. The Dodgers bullpen is superior. They have a better bench. They have more team speed. They have a better lineup 1-8. The Sox will lose JD Martinez for 3 games. They play in a better league. Is that enough?

awfully confident...  am not sayn nuthn, cos this season has been a mysetry to me...

a course, am a sox fan so i root for them, but predict? wouldnt dare.

Archived