Where the F is Tom Shane?

TuscanyTile2

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I honestly think he's passed. 

If you look at his posting rate, he was here on a DAILY basis 4-5 hours at a time (implies a highly sedentary fellow who's probably NOT at the pinnacle of physical health). I'm just speculating and hope I'm wrong  

He hasn't been on since Sept. 5th and that's with TONS of fodder to go off on Bowles, Lee, Adams, the Jets, etc. 

I hope I'm wrong, but we are creatures of habit, and unless he's on some internet-less island abroad, I can't imagine a positive reason for such a prolonged absence from such a dedicated contributor - good or bad - to this forum community. 

Get better TS

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

If you look at his posting rate, he was here on a DAILY basis 4-5 hours at a time (implies a highly sedentary fellow who's probably at the pinnacle of health). 

He hasn't been on since Sept. 5th and that's with TONS of fodder to go off on Bowles, Lee, Adams, the Jets, etc. 

I hope I'm wrong, but we are creatures of habit, and unless he's on some internet-less island abroad, I can't imagine a positive reason for such a prolonged absence from such a dedicated contributor - good or bad - to this forum community. 

Het better TS

Don’t speak that into existence. Let’s just wait and see. I’m worried too.. but death? Maybe he’s in the hospital or mourning over a loved one.

it doesn’t have to be death.

45 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Don’t speak that into existence. Let’s just wait and see. I’m worried too.. but death? Maybe he’s in the hospital or mourning over a loved one.

it doesn’t have to be death.

I'm a native cynical NYer from the Bronx. 

I grew up in a city where you ONLY REALIZE that one of your neighbors has passed away DUE TO THE SMELL of the forgotten ROTTEN CORPSE being eaten away by the starving cats locked in the apartment. OR you get pushed off a subway platform by a mentally crazy person and get crushed by an oncoming train. OR you get stabbed by an aggressive homeless person who demands money from you. OR a simple dispute over a parking spot escalates into manslaughter, etc, etc., etc. . . . 

You get my drift. It doesn't HAVE TO BE DEATH, but IT USUALLY is.

2 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

I grew up in a city where you ONLY REALIZE that one of your neighbors has passed away DUE TO THE SMELL of the forgotten ROTTEN CORPSE being eaten away by the starving cats locked in the apartment. OR you get pushed off a subway platform by a mentally crazy person and get crushed by an oncoming train. OR you get stabbed by an aggressive homeless person who demands money from you. OR a simple dispute over a parking spot escalates into manslaughter, etc, etc., etc. . . . 

I hear you but I’d hate think that. T0m has his moments but he’s definitely a huge bright spot on this forum through all of the gloom and losing.

10 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Damn. And I thought I was dark. And thanks for putting all those random words in caps, especially ROTTEN CORPSE. Really made reading it easier on the eyes.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Damn. And I thought I was dark. And thanks for putting all those random words in caps, especially ROTTEN CORPSE. Really made reading it easier on the eyes.

keepin-it-real.jpg

Your welcome for the Caps. 

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

If you look at his posting rate, he was here on a DAILY basis 4-5 hours at a time (implies a highly sedentary fellow who's probably NOT at the pinnacle of physical health). I'm just speculating and hope I'm wrong  

Get better TS

It's either this or he's off somewhere with an inordinate amount of penises in and around his mouth. That's it. 100% one of those two things.

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

It's either this or he's off somewhere with an inordinate amount of penises in and around his mouth. That's it. 100% one of those two things.

Please RJF, with @T0mShane gone, you're our ONLY Hope for sardonic commentary and hot takes, except with an effeminately west-coast laissez-faire slant. :P

CorruptEnviousArcherfish-small.gif

He probably went to Vegas during week 1 and bet $100,000 the Jets would beat the Lions. He went into work the next morning and started just firing middle fingers at everyone.

My best guess is that he is somewhere in asia pacific riding an elephant. 

1 minute ago, HelenOfTroy said:

A fan of young chicks movies?  I believe that was a scene from "Clueless". ? 

Actually it's from Amy Heckerling's genre-defying narrative for the 90's generation that resulted in today's PC society of Stupid Bitches and over-parenting pu$$ies. 

Dan Hedaya's "Dad" character was the only saving grace from that film besides the soundtrack. 

But Good for you Helen, for being quick on the draw and recollecting that scene. 

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Actually it's from Amy Heckerling's genre-defying narrative for the 90's generation that resulted in today's PC society of Stupid Bitches and over-parenting pu$$ies. 

Dan Hedaya's "Dad" character was the only saving grace from that film besides the soundtrack. 

But Good for you Helen, for being quick on the draw and recollecting that scene. 

I prefer to accept that it's is a modern interpretation of " Emma", by Jane Austen. 

I certainly should recollect, I watched and re-watched that movie countless times, as well as The Breakfast Club, Pretty in Pink, St. Elmo's Fire, The Lost Boys, etc etc etc....till I could recite every line, knew every scene.  I raised two girls.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Actually, Tom Shane used to post that pic. That’s where I first saw it. 

That is from the mafia forum and it's the jif signal. I'm surprised hes not in the thread yet tbh

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

T0mShane and SAR I both missing. 

Hope they both ok. 

Sar I was banned until week 5, IIRC, so he should be on parole soon and make a cameo, I'm sure.

@T0mShane, like Paul, is . . . . 

How is this a morbid thread? It's being REALISTIC and one of the realities with anonymous internet fan forums, is that beloved posters pass on and "the community" doesn't ever really get an answer. 

Did anyone ACTUALLY PERSONALLY know him? Unless there is human contact, all these forum interactions are the equivalent of talking to the walls at home. Like @kelly, there is NO HUMANITY behind the posts that you read on here. :lol:

I imagine a lodged butterfingers as the cause of death when the autopsy is released. 

(All in jest and hope he's ok, but I sincerely believe he's SADLY not.)

PS - Also why I think the Vikes game meet-up is a HORRIBLE idea. Never put a human face to the avatar. lol..

Archived