Where the F is Tom Shane?

TuscanyTile2

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Will you EVER REALLY find out?

Laugh away, laugh away!

I would hope so. I like closure.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tom Shane seems like the kind of person who would probably appreciate being remembered with sarcasm.  But I'm sticking to my theory that Maxman knows exactly what's up (nothing bad) and he's holding out on us. 

I think if Max knew, one way or the other, he'd say so. Maybe he wouldn't tell us all the details, but at least a simple "Tom is okay, and will be back", or "Tom has passed away". Max seems to be a pretty transparent guy about running the site, and Tom is a big part of this site. I see no reason for Max to lie.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something of major significance had to have happened to him and I don't think it was good since he hasn't been here for now almost a month.  I'm just hoping it wasn't death and it is something like a major surgery, recovering from a heart attack, stroke etc.  I don't want to put that energy in the air but that's what I'm thinking now.  

He used to be the guy that I saw posting non stop here and just poof nothing at all.   I think at this point something bad happened.

Before I joined, I would browse the site a lot, and he was one of the best here. He did go overboard on the Leo/Jamal/Maye draft picks though LOL. Does anyone know what his last post was? Did it seem like just any other he would have left, or was it different in any way? If I had to guess, which I have no business doing, it would be he's in rehab for some problem. He's a pretty young guy, Hope it's nothing worse then that, and he is okay.

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Does anyone know what his last post was?

All good points. I was just responding to the idea that he’s a career malcontent who hurts his team. If I was him, I’d be using his last real leverage in the league to squeeze another year or two at top dollar out of some team, too. The Steelers offer of 2/$30mm ends when he’s 28 and nobody is giving a 28 year old back a new deal for anywhere near what Bell can command now

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

All good points. I was just responding to the idea that he’s a career malcontent who hurts his team. If I was him, I’d be using his last real leverage in the league to squeeze another year or two at top dollar out of some team, too. The Steelers offer of 2/$30mm ends when he’s 28 and nobody is giving a 28 year old back a new deal for anywhere near what Bell can command now

How many people here speak with others here in real life?

On 10/1/2018 at 12:18 AM, Gas2No99 said:

I'm a native cynical NYer from the Bronx. 

I grew up in a city where you ONLY REALIZE that one of your neighbors has passed away DUE TO THE SMELL of the forgotten ROTTEN CORPSE being eaten away by the starving cats locked in the apartment. OR you get pushed off a subway platform by a mentally crazy person and get crushed by an oncoming train. OR you get stabbed by an aggressive homeless person who demands money from you. OR a simple dispute over a parking spot escalates into manslaughter, etc, etc., etc. . . . 

You get my drift. It doesn't HAVE TO BE DEATH, but IT USUALLY is.

Nah TomShane is a visionary. He’s probably jumped ship and became a Pats fan. It’s a temporary insanity thing. Being a losing Jets fan can do this to an  individual.

On your gruesome dysfunctional social examples, I was walking my dog late last night on Madison and 38st and this wacko on a bike sees me and threatens me telling me to get my ‘nasty dog’ outta here’.  Now my dog is about as gentle as can be.  Obviously this wack is one sicko wacko MF. I  ignored him and he tried to again to intimidate me. Just kept moving and put my hand in my hoodie and walked off. There’s a saying ‘if you argue with a fool who’s the fool’.  But yea man Ya just never know how things can jump off. My dear friend who passed a few years back who was a marine taught me you are NEVER safe and must always adapt and be on alert wherever you are. 

PS Come Back Shane

27 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I think you meant this reply for the post I just left in the "A liitle Darnold magic" thread, not this one. LOL

12 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Before I joined, I would browse the site a lot, and he was one of the best here. He did go overboard on the Leo/Jamal/Maye draft picks though LOL. Does anyone know what his last post was? Did it seem like just any other he would have left, or was it different in any way? If I had to guess, which I have no business doing, it would be he's in rehab for some problem. He's a pretty young guy, Hope it's nothing worse then that, and he is okay.

Best case scenario: he’s working underground trying to get Mac and Bowles fired. 

Worst case scenario: He went to some 3rd world country to bring back a wife and was arrested for wearing Jet gear and is in some dark dungeon planning his escape. 

Most probable scenario: he’s doing his impersonation of Machiavelli faking his demise and just messing with our heads and laughing his azz off at us all and will return when we win a Super Bowl ?.

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/139431-hypothetical-would-you-trade-for-leveon-bell/?do=findComment&comment=3802450

I literally just googled “ was Burt Reynolds a Jets fan?” damn you Joe Willy ....seriously though I hope Tom is ok , always enjoy interacting with him on here and reading his take ...hopefully it’s just something simple , like he got locked up at a Code Pink rally . 

Ok I’m on the case, been watching lots of Magnum and Columbo re-runs

what do we know-

35-50 white male

name possibly Tom Shane

nyc area- thought he posted a bar he was at a few tiimes

definitely some education, possibly something to do with writing- those songs he used to write

liberal leanings

single, though he mentioned a girlfriend once, not sure if I believe that

anybody got anything else

I think that even if Tom was close to returning, that field goal that Bowles called for at 25-3 probably sent him back into hiding.

Shifting gears slightly.....has anyone ever suspected that any of the local beat writers or even national "journalists" posted on this site?  

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

what do we know-

35-50 white male

name possibly Tom Shane

definitely some education, possibly something to do with writing- those songs he used to write

liberal leanings

Liberal leanings? That guy scares Canada’s far left

16 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Shifting gears slightly.....has anyone ever suspected that any of the local beat writers or even national "journalists" posted on this site?  

Cimini used to lurk on JI back in the day (before the guy that ran the board cashed out)....he even posted once as himself:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/93482-Cimini-speaks?s=03cf477c686b454b8689f6fee40e075c

I suspect most of the beat writers check the major boards to see what the fans are thinking.

14 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

Cimini used to lurk on JI back in the day (before the guy that ran the board cashed out)....he even posted once as himself:

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/threads/93482-Cimini-speaks?s=03cf477c686b454b8689f6fee40e075c

I suspect most of the beat writers check the major boards to see what the fans are thinking.

Damn. I wonder what must’ve been going through their heads after reading the comedic posts from the late Tom Shane.  

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

what do we know-

35-50 white male

name possibly Tom Shane

liberal leanings

Tony Putnam County

Fear of Steelers fans

Prestigious Del Ivan Janik (RIP) Award for Excellence in English Literature

2 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Tom went dark on social media years ago but I was friends with him when he was active. He's a real person. Extremely unattractive, but real nonetheless.

I was going to say, I've met Max, Crusher, Tailgate Joe and a few others and I am as convinced Shane is a real person as any of them.

Archived