Joe must go, Joe must go

Maxman

When I first started going to Jets games it was a long time ago. No internet. No full time sports talk radio. But the power of the people existed.

Joe must go. Joe must go. Joe must go.

The chants to fire Joe Walton are something I will never forget. People would have balloons made up and blow them up inside the stadium. They said Joe must go on them.

The fan base was one. Joe must go. There was no other choice.

We have reached that point with Bowles it seems. Crazy how bad the coaching has been here with the exception of Parcells.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

When I first started going to Jets games it was a long time ago. No internet. No full time sports talk radio. But the power of the people existed.

The chants to fire Joe Walton are something I will never forget. People would have balloons made up and blow them up inside the stadium. They said Joe must go on them.

We have reached that point with Bowles it seems. Crazy how bad the coaching has been here with the exception of Parcells.

Its over for Bowles now. Phil, Ive seen enough, everyone has.

It's time. Bowles just can't get it done. His vanilla and predictable game plans and his inability to adjust his game plan are major flaw's. I think the whole staff is just not getting it done. I think the time for a change has come and do it this season. Be it now or right after the season is over Bowles cannot go on as the HC of this team.

13 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Bowle Must Go!

31 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I don't like jumping down coaches that clearly don't have any talent to work with, but Bowles has shown absolutely nothing.  

Name 1 young guy that came in with promise that actually got better.  

Leo: Considered an All-World talent, lucky for Jets to get him at 6- Been decent, but nothing extraordinary considering the draft position

Adams: Again, lucky for Jets to get him, and he's looked better this year, but apart from Twitter stuff, he hasn't been great.  

Lee:  Better this year, but gets lost most of the time

Hackenberg:  He's a lost cause, my big issue was they didn't even attempt to correct mechanics until apparently he did so on his own.  WTF kinda coaching is that?

Petty: Another one with talent, no improvement.

Sheldon: Highly regarded, nosedived under him.

Wilkerson: Considered a model player, stud, just flat out quits.  

Geno: Nosedive

Anderson: Runs the 9 route, and regressed badly this year

Mauldin: Bust

Pick Any CB: Bust

What exactly has he coached up? The scheme is basically hope the QB makes a bad throw.  To take a page out of Petty, it's like having those large playbooks in Madden, and you just scroll down really far and pick a play because you haven't used that before, and hope it surprises them.  

Time management is absolutely idiotic. 

Game management even more idiotic.  

How do you punt there? Not only punt, the defense can't stop a nosebleed and you give up a TD anyway.  He did that last year too I think.  

Stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  Is there any accountability? Nope.  

He's gotta be fired, heck I'd honestly rather have Rex.  He ignored the offense and only cared about the defense, but give that guy time and he could actually build a defense given the resources invested.  

I want an offensive minded coach, take some OC from college for all I care.  Anyone that actually understands how to coach up players.  

a telling quote I just heard was from Nathan Shepherd.  He said the Jets have to "attack a week with a little bit of humility"... 

What exactly has Bowles been telling the team to make them think that going through the motions is good enough?  The team is uninspired and boring..  exactly what Bowles looks like on the sideline and in press conferences.

He seems like he's a nice guy and all but it's time for him to take his BFF Kacy and get the F off my team. 

We should be looking for the next Nagy, Pederson, or McVeigh..  offensive-minded, high energy guys. 

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

a telling quote I just heard was from Nathan Shepherd.  He said the Jets have to "attack a week with a little bit of humility"... 

What exactly has Bowles been telling the team to make them think that going through the motions is good enough?  The team is uninspired and boring..  exactly what Bowles looks like on the sideline and in press conferences.

He seems like he's a nice guy and all but it's time for him to take his BFF Kacy and get the F off my team. 

We should be looking for the next Nagy, Pederson, or McVeigh..  offensive-minded, high energy guys. 

I was going to POST that audio, but I agree it's VERY TELLING when a ROOKIE from a DII school selected in the 3rd round and has EARNED EVERYTHING he's gotten thus far, comes away with THAT EXACT Observation only 1/4 into the season. 

The Defense talks too much and can't back it up when it is CRUCIAL to get a stop. The offense doesn't help the cause. 

It's a CLUSTERPHUCK all around and we have seen this show before with the same HC in 2016. The excuse THEN was arrogant-lazy veterans. Well, TB CAST the dye for this YOUNG team and it's the SAME result & attitudes. SMH. 

I don't like jumping down coaches that clearly don't have any talent to work with, but Bowles has shown absolutely nothing.  
Name 1 young guy that came in with promise that actually got better.  
Leo: Considered an All-World talent, lucky for Jets to get him at 6- Been decent, but nothing extraordinary considering the draft position
Adams: Again, lucky for Jets to get him, and he's looked better this year, but apart from Twitter stuff, he hasn't been great.  
Lee:  Better this year, but gets lost most of the time
Hackenberg:  He's a lost cause, my big issue was they didn't even attempt to correct mechanics until apparently he did so on his own.  WTF kinda coaching is that?
Petty: Another one with talent, no improvement.
Sheldon: Highly regarded, nosedived under him.
Wilkerson: Considered a model player, stud, just flat out quits.  
Geno: Nosedive
Anderson: Runs the 9 route, and regressed badly this year
Mauldin: Bust
Pick Any CB: Bust
What exactly has he coached up? The scheme is basically hope the QB makes a bad throw.  To take a page out of Petty, it's like having those large playbooks in Madden, and you just scroll down really far and pick a play because you haven't used that before, and hope it surprises them.  
Time management is absolutely idiotic. 
Game management even more idiotic.  
How do you punt there? Not only punt, the defense can't stop a nosebleed and you give up a TD anyway.  He did that last year too I think.  
Stupid penalty after stupid penalty.  Is there any accountability? Nope.  
He's gotta be fired, heck I'd honestly rather have Rex.  He ignored the offense and only cared about the defense, but give that guy time and he could actually build a defense given the resources invested.  
I want an offensive minded coach, take some OC from college for all I care.  Anyone that actually understands how to coach up players.  
Don't forget Brandon marshal and Eric Decker who both had decent seasons their first year before royally sucking

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Doesn't Bowles show us we've had some pretty good, underappreciated coaches?  As bad as Walton was the Jets made the playoffs twice with him despite not having a QB he could win with.  

Obviously coslet and kotite were disasters on a Bowles level (Bowles worse than coslet, at least coslet made the playoffs) but after Parcells herm made playoffs 3 of 5 yrs and won division, Mangini made playoffs 1 of 3 and had only one losing season, Rex made 2 title games and had only 2 losing seasons in 6 years.

Todd Bowles has basically taken us back to the kotite years

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

The team looked lost yesterday.  I can live with rookie mistakes at QB. However, I can't accept a clueless defense from a defensive minded HC in his 4th season.  To me the next three games are critical to Bowles, they are at home and all are winnable. If the team tanks, there is no way he will be back next season. The only way he survives if they show significant improvement as the season progresses. 

Kacy Rodgers for interim head coach ..you know for the lulz

lets see just how bad it can get.

What I found funny yesterday was Bowles at halftime said "we need to tackle better".. LOL.... Hey Todd you Idiot how can you tackle better when everyone is 10 yards off the LOS

I got my season tickets in 1991 when I was 11.  I went to a handful of games when I was younger and remember the Joe Must Go balloons.  Then it went to Cut Bruce Loose and KO-tite.  

I always felt Bowles and Mac got a bum deal at first with the win now mandate and Woody getting involved.  He hired the coach before the GM.  The past two weeks have showed me Bowles and Mac both need to go.  

Chris Johnson needs to get a good GM who hires the coach and let them do their thing.  We gave them four years so it’s not like the past where no one wants to come here because it’s a revolving door.   

I am usually a guy who is not in favor of firing a coach but the reality is Bowles does not make this team better, like a McVay in LA, or an Andy Reid in KC.

If anything this team has gotten worse. Stupid penalties has become a team staple. OL is terrible for the first time Bowles admitted he doesn't have an answer. Sounds alot of Kottite.

Bowles will get the rest of the season. but if this team keeps playing like this he will be out the door.

Joe must go.jpg

1 hour ago, CTM said:

All for naught if Mac doesnt go. As bad as Bowlea has been Mac is worse 

Agreed. No partial house cleanings. Next coach and GM should come as a mutual partnership and be lured by all that cap space.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed. No partial house cleanings. Next coach and GM should come as a mutual partnership and be lured by all that cap space.

Plus Darnold and what is looking like a top 5-10 pick

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let it be shown I was WAY ahead of this curve.  I am sure Bowles is a good guy he is simply not "Executive " material. HC is a BIG job requiring multiple skill sets.  He doesn't have them.  In fact, I question if he is a capable DC.  He had one year in Arizona.

BTW... Bowles is worse than Joe. Joe was bad, but Bowles is worse.  BUT the comparison is fair.  

1 hour ago, CTM said:

All for naught if Mac doesnt go. As bad as Bowlea has been Mac is worse 

At the game yesterday, I screamed at MAC as he got off the team bus..  "Hey MAC", He looked over and nodded.. I then screamed, "YOU SUCK!  Draft someone who is NOT a bust for Christ's sake".  Im in my 50's BUT it felt really good even though immature.

No REGRETS but that is not like me, I just unloaded. 

9 hours ago, Maxman said:

I agree with you on all. But we also cannot allow how bad the past 3 GM's have been to go unnoticed.  They neglected the lines like no one in football has and allowed them to become the weakness of the team. The way I see it is this, we are back to square one. We need a GM and a coach. 

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Let it be shown I was WAY ahead of this curve.  I am sure Bowles is a good guy he is simply not "Executive " material. HC is a BIG job requiring multiple skill sets.  He doesn't have them.  In fact, I question if he is a capable DC.  He had one year in Arizona.

BTW... Bowles is worse than Joe. Joe was bad, but Bowles is worse.  BUT the comparison is fair.  

I think you are too young. Joe Walton was wayyyyyyyy worse. Not even close.

That guy had a Super Bowl ready Squad and it imploded..

Archived