Joe must go, Joe must go

Maxman

24 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

I agree with you on all. But we also cannot allow how bad the past 3 GM's have been to go unnoticed.  They neglected the lines like no one in football has and allowed them to become the weakness of the team. The way I see it is this, we are back to square one. We need a GM and a coach. 

Three?  Tannenbaum built a line so good that people thought Sanchez could play and that Thomas Jones was a pro bowler. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Three?  Tannenbaum built a line so good that people thought Sanchez could play and that Thomas Jones was a pro bowler. 

The formula is there....I get that college football has hurt offensive lineman and they are harder to find. I get that you don’t want to “overcommitment” draft resources on o-line because of this and because of the bust rates due to this issue. But you have to use SOME premium picks on tackles and target the rest of the o-line aggressively in FA because they are at least known commodities that are worth over paying for.

Even if we missed on players, it would have been acceptable since they would have been the right positions to draft. It’s not like we have the unrealistic expectation of hitting on all picks. It doesn’t happen. But to throw darts and take chances at PREMIUM positions like these, is the only way to build a team. 

32 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Let it be shown I was WAY ahead of this curve.  I am sure Bowles is a good guy he is simply not "Executive " material. HC is a BIG job requiring multiple skill sets.  He doesn't have them.  In fact, I question if he is a capable DC.  He had one year in Arizona.

BTW... Bowles is worse than Joe. Joe was bad, but Bowles is worse.  BUT the comparison is fair.  

I wanted him gone after the Buffalo let down. I knew then he wasn't head coaching material. He has gotten worse year after year. Why can't the J&J bozos see what the Jets fans can?

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

“Bowles must go” isn’t specific enough for our idiot owners. We need to be very specific. “Bowles must go” May be interpreted as he must go get another contract extension. We really need to dumb it down. 

FIRE BOWLES

I think dumb and dumber may understand that one. 

What if everyone in the stadium gets the same phone app of a toilet flushing and they can all simultaneously play it every 5 minutes during the game? I’m full of great ideas.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

I am usually a guy who is not in favor of firing a coach but the reality is Bowles does not make this team better, like a McVay in LA, or an Andy Reid in KC.

If anything this team has gotten worse. Stupid penalties has become a team staple. OL is terrible for the first time Bowles admitted he doesn't have an answer. Sounds alot of Kottite.

Bowles will get the rest of the season. but if this team keeps playing like this he will be out the door.

Joe must go.jpg

What a fantastic find, Shawn.  Just awesome. lol  

Best part is that whoever designed the shirt included the omnipresent Walton nose pick.  TV camera folks would nail one of those shots (snots?) at least once per game.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Kacy Rodgers for interim head coach ..you know for the lulz

lets see just how bad it can get.

What I found funny yesterday was Bowles at halftime said "we need to tackle better".. LOL.... Hey Todd you Idiot how can you tackle better when everyone is 10 yards off the LOS

Pepper Johnson, 54, vented frustration with Bowles and Rodgers’ refusal to implement — or even consider — schemes he used in 14 seasons coaching under Bill Belichick with the Patriots, like matching the pass rush with coverage, and said he was a “scapegoat” for the Jets’ defensive issues.

22 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

What a fantastic find, Shawn.  Just awesome. lol  

Best part is that whoever designed the shirt included the omnipresent Walton nose pick.  TV camera folks would nail one of those shots (snots?) at least once per game.

with that fukkin sideways or backwards cap he wore. 3rd down and 18 and wait for it....  Draw play.  

I fondly remember going to one of the "Joe must go" games when I was a kid. It was raining, the Jets got crushed by the Bills, and I think Mark Gastineau said after the game that he "hoped all of the people chanting that get pneumonia and die".  Those were good times.

As far as Bowles goes, it's become apparent to everyone except Chris Johnson that he's in over his head at the HC spot. The Jets D played 10 yards of the LOS whenever the Jags faced a 3rd and long., allolwing the Jgs to convert how many 3rd downs (I stopped counting after 10)? Jets kicked a field goal down by 22 in the 4Q. They punted with 4 minutes to go down by 13. And that isn't to mention the dumb penalties that negated anything good that the Jets may have done yesterday. 

Barring some miraculous winning streak and a playoff berth, Bowles and his entire coaching staff need to go by season's end. Despite the incompetence, I'm not sure it would be good for Darnold's development to can Bowles now.

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

When I first started going to Jets games it was a long time ago. No internet. No full time sports talk radio. But the power of the people existed.

Joe must go. Joe must go. Joe must go.

The chants to fire Joe Walton are something I will never forget. People would have balloons made up and blow them up inside the stadium. They said Joe must go on them.

The fan base was one. Joe must go. There was no other choice.

We have reached that point with Bowles it seems. Crazy how bad the coaching has been here with the exception of Parcells.

I yelled "Joe must go!" as loudly as an 11 year old could. 

"Bowles must go!" 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

The formula is there....I get that college football has hurt offensive lineman and they are harder to find. I get that you don’t want to “overcommitment” draft resources on o-line because of this and because of the bust rates due to this issue. But you have to use SOME premium picks on tackles and target the rest of the o-line aggressively in FA because they are at least known commodities that are worth over paying for.

Jonah Hill, Greg Little or Dalton Risner in next year's draft. I'd take any three of them, and expect us to be high enough to have our pick. Hopefilly Macc doesn't draft another scrub WR or QB again...

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

At the game yesterday, I screamed at MAC as he got off the team bus..  "Hey MAC", He looked over and nodded.. I then screamed, "YOU SUCK!  Draft someone who is NOT a bust for Christ's sake".  Im in my 50's BUT it felt really good even though immature.

No REGRETS but that is not like me, I just unloaded. 

I for one am proud of you. Name me a Jets fan who isn't mentally handicapped or immature

Yeah. Unfortunately, even if Bowles goes, even if Mac goes, the Johnsons are still here. No chant, no banners will get rid of incompetent ownership. You guys are awfully silly if you think they are going to be able to bring anyone in here that will get the job done. 

10 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Sad thing is it took several seasons of JOE MUST GO for it to happen. Hope the Johnsons are not as stubborn as Hess.

I really think we've reached a tipping point here with Bowles where even the most stubborn and/ or oblivious owner can see that Bowles is not the right coach for this team.  

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

We have reached that point with Bowles it seems. Crazy how bad the coaching has been here with the exception of Parcells.

Parcells wasn't any great coach for the Jets either. Dumb call against Detroit cost Jets a playoff spot in his first season. Then he goes and quits - saying he was done and even writing a book about it - then coaches Dallas for three years. I do agree that Todd Bowles has overstayed his welcome. Unable to make adjustments on the fly is just one of his many sins. I never saw so many shallow crossing patterns turn into big plays and he couldn't fix it.

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Yeah. Unfortunately, even if Bowles goes, even if Mac goes, the Johnsons are still here. No chant, no banners will get rid of incompetent ownership. You guys are awfully silly if you think they are going to be able to bring anyone in here that will get the job done. 

I think a shiny new blue chip QB will attract plenty of good coaches.  

45 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Despite the incompetence, I'm not sure it would be good for Darnold's development to can Bowles now.

I agree. Can't fire a HC in midseason when there is no one with experience to replace him on staff. Who would the interim coach be? Bates? Rodgers? No, let Bowles suffer the rest of the season as all Jets fans will have to. He has handcuffed his QB by not allowing him to run for yardage - unless Darnold is just a pu$$y - and watching him throw the ball away rather than run for four yards or more. If you look closely, Darnold is beginning to get that "deer in the headlights" look we saw so frequently from Mark Sanchez.

23 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If he makes it through the season. Maybe. QB is one part of the recipe. Dealing with an ownership group that got where they are solely on inheritance? Another story.

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

This job will be highly coveted with Sam to build around, a ton of young pieces, what looks like maybe a top 5ish pick and the second most cap room in the league.  

All for naught if Mac doesnt go. As bad as Bowlea has been Mac is worse 

Enough with all the Macc apologists. Dude makes a lot of money and part of his job is to draft players that can play and in 4 drafts he has shown nothing. I discount Darnold because it wasn’t like he picked someone that wasn’t highly rated and turned out good
he actually had a highly rated QB fall into his lap. Look at the team he has no depth anywhere.
The defense was gassed yesterday in the first half.
I’m not a fan of Todd who I think watches different film than the rest of the league but
I’m not willing to kick him out until he gets some players.
Macc must Go, don’t let Todd fall on the sword and keep that smug arrogant GM.
Every interview I get upset that this guy walks around with that smirk on his face saying I know more than you.
You are what your record says you are Mike.
And you and Todd are losers

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived