Joe must go, Joe must go

Maxman

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ex-Rex said:

Parcells wasn't any great coach for the Jets either. Dumb call against Detroit cost Jets a playoff spot in his first season. Then he goes and quits - saying he was done and even writing a book about it - then coaches Dallas for three years. I do agree that Todd Bowles has overstayed his welcome. Unable to make adjustments on the fly is just one of his many sins. I never saw so many shallow crossing patterns turn into big plays and he couldn't fix it.

He couldn’t develop a young QB.  When Vinny went down he was done.   He kept Romo on the bench until forced to play him   Great mind but over hyped.   

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think you are too young. Joe Walton was wayyyyyyyy worse. Not even close.

That guy had a Super Bowl ready Squad and it imploded..

I started watching in 86.  Jumped on the bandwagon at 11-1 just to see them get blown up by the Dolphins 45-3 on Monday Night Football.  And to top it off, the Giants won the Super Bowl!  I liked Joe until 87.

8 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Joe Walton was a better coach than Todd Bowles.

Our worst coaches are probably:

Rich Kotite, Todd Bowles, & Lou Holtz.

But our offensive talent depth is terrible. Mac shouldn’t get a pass on that. Hire a VP of Football Ops, let him hire the new GM & HC

Todd Bowles would have won a Super Bowl with the 1986 roster. That isn't saying he is good. I would have won a Super Bowl with that roster.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Todd Bowles would have won a Super Bowl with the 1986 roster. That isn't saying he is good. I would have won a Super Bowl with that roster.

Nobody was beating the Giants that year.  Their defense doesn't get enough credit as being one of the all-time greats.  And their offense was very good too.  Their OL were road-graders.  Joe Morris was terrific.  Phil Simms was very good.  Mark Bavaro was an absolute beast.  Their ST was good.  They had Parcells and BB (amongst others).  They would've crushed us even if our team was healthy.  That's not to take away anything from the '86 Jets btw.  It was just the Giants time.

It's crazy that only the Jets, with Casserly and Wolf consulting would make not one but two bad choices.

It's been like this since Hess, with no GM for years to a bad GM and more bad HC's!

It's no longer a coincidence..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 9/30/2018 at 11:42 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

“Bowles must go” isn’t specific enough for our idiot owners. We need to be very specific. “Bowles must go” May be interpreted as he must go get another contract extension. We really need to dumb it down. 

FIRE BOWLES

I think dumb and dumber may understand that one. 

I’m also a NY Rangers fan and remember the “FIRE SATHER!” chants from a decade ago.  I think we emulate that chant and shout “FIRE TOILET!”

On 9/30/2018 at 11:09 PM, Maxman said:

When I first started going to Jets games it was a long time ago. No internet. No full time sports talk radio. But the power of the people existed.

Joe must go. Joe must go. Joe must go.

The chants to fire Joe Walton are something I will never forget. People would have balloons made up and blow them up inside the stadium. They said Joe must go on them.

The fan base was one. Joe must go. There was no other choice.

We have reached that point with Bowles it seems. Crazy how bad the coaching has been here with the exception of Parcells.

Are you suggesting a “Todd Must Go” chant this Sunday? 

Archived