Busiest September Ever

2005 has nothing on 2018. Continue setting records. Hopefully some day soon we will have good things to talk about.

But thank you all for making this site great. Can't believe the traffic levels we are seeing these days. We appreciate that so many of you call JetNation home.

b tw, it was sam darnold that brought me here...   

and i daresay i think thats why the traffic #'s...    but this franchise is toxic, and in that spirit..

i need a cleanse...    

to start doing healthy things for me, spend more time with m y wife, much much much less time 

here, stirring the toxic soup....

"Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 71

Knowing ignorance is strength.
Ignoring knowledge is sickness.

If one is sick of sickness, then one is not sick.
The sage is not sick because he is sick of sickness.
Therefore he is not sick."

Matsuda_Reiko-Korean_Customs-6-04-04-200

44 minutes ago, Bombdirt said:

So what kind of yacht are you going to buy with all the ad revenue?

Notice how we haven't had ads up on the site much since the summer? We tried a few out and had redirects. So the site has been pretty much ad free.

That sound you hear? That's the sound of $600 coming out of my checking account each month to pay the bills lol.

I am serious about the ads, working on some things, trying to get it fixed. Testing something new out today. but the ad experience has been painful all around. Google ads won't show. We aren't banned, they won't show. Google won't tell us why, they don't answer. I have spent so much time trying to fix it. Because, to your point, with this traffic life should be good right now ad $ wise.

2 hours ago, Losmeister said:

b tw, it was sam darnold that brought me here...   

and i daresay i think thats why the traffic #'s...    but this franchise is toxic, and in that spirit..

i need a cleanse...    

to start doing healthy things for me, spend more time with m y wife, much much much less time 

here, stirring the toxic soup....

"Tao Te Ching - Lao Tzu - chapter 71

Knowing ignorance is strength.
Ignoring knowledge is sickness.

If one is sick of sickness, then one is not sick.
The sage is not sick because he is sick of sickness.
Therefore he is not sick."

Matsuda_Reiko-Korean_Customs-6-04-04-200

Thanks for stopping by the all-time traffic thread to announce that you won't be posting here anymore.  :)

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Notice how we haven't had ads up on the site much since the summer? We tried a few out and had redirects. So the site has been pretty much ad free.

That sound you hear? That's the sound of $600 coming out of my checking account each month to pay the bills lol.

I am serious about the ads, working on some things, trying to get it fixed. Testing something new out today. but the ad experience has been painful all around. Google ads won't show. We aren't banned, they won't show. Google won't tell us why, they don't answer. I have spent so much time trying to fix it. Because, to your point, with this traffic life should be good right now ad $ wise.

No way. I didn't know about all that Google stuff. That sucks. 

If you want, I can start up a posse with some of the other people from the site, then we can go down to Google headquarters and rough up some nerds until we get answers. 

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

2005 has nothing on 2018. Continue setting records. Hopefully some day soon we will have good things to talk about.

But thank you all for making this site great. Can't believe the traffic levels we are seeing these days. We appreciate that so many of you call JetNation home.

Congrats!

Also, nobody is surprised.

Everyone loves to watch a good train wreck and these Jets are delivering!!  Just wait for October's numbers!!! :P 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Create and sell merch. I'm serious. There are, like, a dozen websites out there that let you create and sell customized items. You could do JetNation hats, shirts, tote bags, mugs, mouse pads (I need a new mouse pad. I would seriously buy a JetNation mouse pad.) You got key chains, phone cases... Hell, create a jet plane plush toy and call him "Jetty, the JetNation mascot".

Okay, maybe the last one is a bit silly, but I'm serious here. Lots of opportunity. Let me ask you, and everyone, else two questions:

When the Jets are performing as horribly as they have been, are you really in the mood to give them money?

The answer is most likely no.

And, despite that, aren't you still a passionate Jet fan who wants to show support for your team?

I'd imagine yes.

So, the answer would be to buy JetNation merchandise. You are still showing support to the team you love, but also not giving money to those lousy scumbags.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the potential if you were to sell items labeled "Fire Todd Bowles", or (and I just came up with this one, and I'm giving it to you free) "MILF Maccagnan" as in, "Man I'd Like To Fire". I'm sure you remember how much attention those Fire Idzik guys got. "Fire Bowles" merchandise would sell like hot cakes.

Get @courtnj18 on this. Women love to do creative stuff like this. :P

58 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Create and sell merch. I'm serious. There are, like, a dozen websites out there that let you create and sell customized items. You could do JetNation hats, shirts, tote bags, mugs, mouse pads (I need a new mouse pad. I would seriously buy a JetNation mouse pad.) You got key chains, phone cases... Hell, create a jet plane plush toy and call him "Jetty, the JetNation mascot".

Okay, maybe the last one is a bit silly, but I'm serious here. Lots of opportunity. Let me ask you, and everyone, else two questions:

When the Jets are performing as horribly as they have been, are you really in the mood to give them money?

The answer is most likely no.

And, despite that, aren't you still a passionate Jet fan who wants to show support for your team?

I'd imagine yes.

So, the answer would be to buy JetNation merchandise. You are still showing support to the team you love, but also not giving money to those lousy scumbags.

And I haven't even begun to talk about the potential if you were to sell items labeled "Fire Todd Bowles", or (and I just came up with this one, and I'm giving it to you free) "MILF Maccagnan" as in, "Man I'd Like To Fire". I'm sure you remember how much attention those Fire Idzik guys got. "Fire Bowles" merchandise would sell like hot cakes.

Get @courtnj18 on this. Women love to do creative stuff like this. :P

The merchandise business isn't for us. Some other sites got into hot water this year because of merchandise, definitely looking to avoid that.

2 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

I actually like the idea of a JetNation mascot. Maybe like a little anthropomorphic cartoony character that appeals to the kids--and the immature adults like myself. 

family_outing_by_cbxanadu-dauy3fi.png

14 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ah, gotcha. Shame, but you gotta protect the site.

Thanks, the site is okay. We sold a few direct ad deals that have helped. Would be much easier if the ads just started running without issue. Testing something out now, hope it is fixed soon.

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Thanks, the site is okay. We sold a few direct ad deals that have helped. Would be much easier if the ads just started running without issue. Testing something out now, hope it is fixed soon.

I hope it is, too. If I didn't have JetNation. I'd have no social life.

Yes. Let that sink in. I'm the type of person that your website attracts. How does that feel, Phil? Are you proud of that, Phil? Are you?

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I hope it is, too. If I didn't have JetNation. I'd have no social life.

Yes. Let that sink in. I'm the type of person that your website attracts. How does that feel, Phil? Are you proud of that, Phil? Are you?

Very proud of it lol.

And with that said the next ad test has begun.  :)

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

And (almost) all without Tom Shane.  Addition by subtraction?

/s

(sorry - now I'm getting carried away with the being rude stuff.  I've already made jokes about it though so why not go all in!  Tom Shane you'd better be in good health!)

Most of us predicted a 7-9 or at best an 8-8 this season. I can easily see this happening. The team has mostly been competitive and hopefully the Ws will start kicking in.  Sam has not been a disaster as a rookie starting Qb. We've seen it many times via guys like Alex Smith who were terrible and ended up being good Qbs. Sam has showed us the skill to do a lot of things so far except consistently move the ball and score points. No excuses though for what we saw with the defense on Sunday. I mean I've seen blown assignments before all teams experience that. But not with those kinds of holes and uncovered receivers. The Jags O coaches saw this on film and outcoached us big time. There were adjustments and improvements in the 2nd half but not enough. They still completed long passes just not as many. As for this site it's popular because well run and Maxman etc love the Jets foremost. We don't have a lot in common on this board but for some crazy reason we love the Jets. 

On 10/1/2018 at 6:50 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Maxman - any chance you can get a live podcast stream together?  I think people would listen to a JetNation version of the SNY post-game show.  You, KRL, Tom Shane, and Sperm.

I asked TomShane to do a live show recently, he laughed at me and told me I was crazy. Maybe that is why he left?

We do have a live show every Tuesday night. I always wanted to do something right after the game or even a pregame thing, like a parking lot show. But it is just a huge undertaking so I never pulled the trigger.

We are closing in on a million downloads for the show that we have now, here is a link and it has the different ways you can subscribe. Thanks.

https://www.jetnation.com/ny-jets-podcast/

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I asked TomShane to do a live show recently, he laughed at me and told me I was crazy. Maybe that is why he left?

We do have a live show every Tuesday night. I always wanted to do something right after the game or even a pregame thing, like a parking lot show. But it is just a huge undertaking so I never pulled the trigger.

We are closing in on a million downloads for the show that we have now, here is a link and it has the different ways you can subscribe. Thanks.

https://www.jetnation.com/ny-jets-podcast/

How recently are we talking about?  :)

On 10/1/2018 at 4:47 PM, Maxman said:

Look - just start a direct contribution thing up where us slugs can contribute whatever we want to help pay the bills. A PayPal is extremely easy and convenient. Just put a link at the top of all pages, with a suggested contribution level. If you raise too little, let us know. If you go over, roll it over into next year's expenses.  You do the work, so you shouldn't do it for free. Period. Count me in for $10 clams.

Archived