What do you think will happen at years end?

freestater

What happens?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Bowles and Macc fired
    • Bowles fired, Macc stays
    • Macc fired, Bowles stays
    • Both stay

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

I think Bowles was already promised another year so he stays on since it was a rookie QB. Would Bowles really start Darnold over McCown? Does that sound like a Todd Bowles decision? I think they told him he was safe this year if he started Darnold.

Ok. Please vote in the poll

Macc will stay. He will argue to the Johnsons that he never got to pick his own coach, drafted a franchise QB and will have a ton of cap space this year to rebuild the team.

Chris Johnson said he will eval Toilet not on wins and losses but on progression of the team. To this point everything about the team is regressing. No discipline, defense looks bad, Darnold looks lost, Bates appears clueless. This is turning into a total dumpster fire. 2-14 is not an unrealistic scenario which would be a total disaster for Chris Johson.  

i hope all the dum dums in dum dum land realize the Jets would have to buy out Bowles to fire him. And then pay for a decent replacement? None of that sounds like woody. And Chris doesn't have the combo to the safe. 

if anyone thinks Chris is in charge now, answer one question, can he sell the team? The answer is no, therefore, he's not an owner by owner standards. the other owners treat him as a housesitter.

12 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I hope both get fired but they’ll be here long enough to ruin Darnold’s career then get fired and we’ll start the whole process over. 

the whole point of Bowles getting the extension was that they could play Darnold, take the losses and develop him 

if Bowles had to play every game with the threat of lose or be fired, McCown would be the starter. 

Josh McCown is the team's highest paid player. How many coaches are asked by the front office to bench their best player before the season? and then do it? 

Bowles KNOWS he's not getting fired. Cause the only person who could do it is 3000 miles away and doesn't give a single F.  The Jets would have be named Everton or Newcastle to be on Woody's radar.

3 hours ago, freestater said:

I'm surprised at the both staying, being so strong tbh. Scary. 

I'm disgusted at how many people think Bowles is the bigger problem.  Bowles is awful but Mike Maccagnan is wayyyyy worse at his job.  I know this poll isn't really about what people WANT to happen, but its still definitely a reflection of what people think is the proper "fix".

Both need to go. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm disgusted at how many people think Bowles is the bigger problem.  Bowles is awful but Mike Maccagnan is wayyyyy worse at his job.

Either way, both need to go. I don't think you're implying that Bowles should be kept on while we get a new GM (Rex/Idzik all over again), but if you are, I completely disagree.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm disgusted at how many people think Bowles is the bigger problem. 

Do you watch the games??? Bowles is the problem... The talent on this team is better then given credit for... Is Mac a problem too... absolutely.... but Bowles cannot win, he doesn't know how to.

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Either way, both need to go. I don't think you're implying that Bowles should be kept on while we get a new GM (Rex/Idzik all over again), but if you are, I completely disagree.

No.  It can't be just Bowles leaving, because then Maccagnan would have a say in who the next HC is.  And it can't just be Maccagnan going, because there's no way a HC needs to be foisted on the next GM.

We need to start over completely with a VP of Football Operations. 

Just now, Skeptable said:

Do you watch the games??? Bowles is the problem... The talent on this team is better then given credit for... Is Mac a problem too... absolutely.... but Bowles cannot win, he doesn't know how to.

No, its not.  Its just as bad, if not worse, than what people think it is.  We have the worst roster in the NFL.  Convince me I'm wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm disgusted at how many people think Bowles is the bigger problem.  Bowles is awful but Mike Maccagnan is wayyyyy worse at his job.

Lots of Gm's miss on draft picks . Not many Hc's kick  FG's in the 4th qtr down by 3 scores. Not many Hc's punt on 4th down , down two scores with less than 5 minutes left in the game.  Not many defensive geniuses make Blake Bortles look like Johnny Unitas.  Bowles is waaaaay worse then every HC  in the NFL save maybe Hue Jackson who just out coached Todd a week ago, 

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, its not.  Its just as bad, if not worse, than what people think it is.  We have the worst roster in the NFL.  Convince me I'm wrong. 

Impossible to convince you otherwise, you have your mind set on one conclusion... With a real Head Coach you will see... Hopefully that is next year.

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Impossible to convince you otherwise, you have your mind set on one conclusion... With a real Head Coach you will see... Hopefully that is next year. 

Possibly, but I don't see how ANYONE could look at this roster and think otherwise.  There's not one unit on the field that is anything better than league average.  Not one team in the NFL is without an above average unit somewhere on the field. 

People can pick and choose some players they like, like Enunwa, Jamal Adams, Leonard Williams, etc.  But these aren't special players.  These aren't Pro Bowlers.  Everyone else in the league has better talent, and its very clear. 

Bowles is indeed terrible, and yes, a better coach would help.  But it wouldn't push us over the top.  Years of poor drafting has made it so any coach would be behind the 8 ball. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Possibly, but I don't see how ANYONE could look at this roster and think otherwise.  There's not one unit on the field that is anything better than league average.  Not one team in the NFL is without an above average unit somewhere on the field. 

I mean, just look at the guys drafts. Most of these guys aren't even making the team, and the team isn't talented.

4 hours ago, freestater said:

Not what you want to happen. 

I'm not including midseason firings.

What are our chances of unloading the garbage leadership on this team?

I think they'll both get to stay.

I think both should be fired.

Same answer I've had to this question almost since the start...

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, just look at the guys drafts. Most of these guys aren't even making the team, and the team isn't talented.

Exactly.  And just how much can bad coaching sabotage good talent?  Is Bowles telling guys to let these receivers get wide open?  Is he telling these guys to give QB's an eternity to make throws, whether a blitz is sent or not?  You can only scheme your way out of so much in this league. 

It's far more about the Jimmy's and the Joe's than the X's and the O's at the pro level.  This isn't High School.  You need elite talent somewhere on the field.  Coaching matters, but NOT more than talent.  You draft poorly, as most would agree Macc has done, and it shows up on the field.  It's not a difficult concept to understand and accept, yet you have people fighting it tooth and nail. 

Just look at Rex Ryan.  He looked like a genius those first 2 seasons.  Then, when the talent well started to dry up, he looked like a fool.  Was he really a terrible coach?  Yeah, I think he showed his true colors.  But the bigger issues were our offensive line going from the league's best to garbage in a couple seasons, Mark Sanchez being awful, and the defense getting old and slow. 

Very little probability Macc gets fired at the end of this season. He moved into a draft position to take what everybody considers our franchise QB for the next two decades. If you fire him right after that then by what standard can any future GM think his performance might secure his job? You'll end up with somebody worse or at best somebody no better but expecting more job guarantee. 

Some probability Bowles gets fired. I think Chris Johnson is honest that he will judge the team's progress but unless the team has a horrible collapse or shows zero improvement then I think Bowles gets another year. If Bowles is fired then there's a question of who will come here and replace him. Remember, we were not a very desirable location when Rex was fired. If Macc gets to choose the next HC then candidates also have to worry about their job security being tied to Macc. We could easily end up with another Bowles--or worse.

21 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Very little probability Macc gets fired at the end of this season. He moved into a draft position to take what everybody considers our franchise QB for the next two decades. If you fire him right after that then by what standard can any future GM think his performance might secure his job? You'll end up with somebody worse or at best somebody no better but expecting more job guarantee. 

Some probability Bowles gets fired. I think Chris Johnson is honest that he will judge the team's progress but unless the team has a horrible collapse or shows zero improvement then I think Bowles gets another year. If Bowles is fired then there's a question of who will come here and replace him. Remember, we were not a very desirable location when Rex was fired. If Macc gets to choose the next HC then candidates also have to worry about their job security being tied to Macc. We could easily end up with another Bowles--or worse.

Agree to some extent, but the big difference now though is the QB.  There will be someone out there (hopefully a young promising offensive mind) who will think they coach up Darnold and take him and the team for a 10+ year run of success.

Archived