So would Marone had been a better choice

More Cowbell

34 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Yes, of course he is better than Bowles.  But Marrone is another vagina that coaches like a textbook also. 

We need aggressive and innovative.

Agree, good ol boys coaching club is done, Eagles, Rams and now the Titans (Mike Vrabel) are showing how aggressive and innovative helps teams win

9 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

the play calling may have been fine.  if a play doesn't work it's because of the execution and that falls on the coaches and the players.  bowles was supposed to have a disciplinarian streak but he's really just another player's coach.  that only works so long.

10 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Yes, Marrone is head and shoulders above our clown.

Very conservative, though.  Boring, actually.  I wanted Quinn. He probably wanted a QB so he went to Atlanta.  But I would not put it past the Jets to have preferred TB.  Especially with Casserly advising

10 hours ago, Rexorcism said:

Yes, Marrone is head and shoulders above our clown.

Just now, rangerous said:

the play calling may have been fine.  if a play doesn't work it's because of the execution and that falls on the coaches and the players.  bowles was supposed to have a disciplinarian streak but he's really just another player's coach.  that only works so long.

his teams come out of the clubhouse in a coma---each half.

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Screw fake news Mehta. I cannot stand this guy. 

Manish should go down with the Blowes ship.  He is a snivelling lapdog trying to defend his original support for this guy and his shameless undermining of Marrone.  And if theguys youput on the field can not execute, that is on the coach.  He has the wrong people out there.

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Manish sabotaged the Marrone hire, he's now not giving Doug any credit for the Win. Marrone gave the Johnson's and Todd the Big FU with his 4th Down TD and 2 point try.

I think it’s the other way around Mehta is just a mouthpiece for the Johnsons.  Mehta slamming Marrone was the Johnsons trying to explain to the fans why they picked Bowles

6 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Manish sabotaged the Marrone hire, he's now not giving Doug any credit for the Win. Marrone gave the Johnson's and Todd the Big FU with his 4th Down TD and 2 point try.

I was thinking about YOUR avatar.  Pretty soon, if not now, teams will use OUR helmet to display total dysfunction.  This is the season we replace the Browns as the basement dwellers of incompetence.

2 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I was thinking about YOUR avatar.  Pretty soon, if not now, teams will use OUR helmet to display total dysfunction.  This is the season we replace the Browns as the basement dwellers of incompetence.

Your right, we seem to have descended and the Browns risen.

It makes me long for Rex it's so bad.

54 minutes ago, jack48 said:

Manish should go down with the Bowle ship.  He is a snivelling lapdog trying to defend his original support for this guy and his shameless undermining of Marrone.  And if theguys youput on the field can not execute, that is on the coach.  He has the wrong people out there.

I imagine the players feel a bit helpless and defeated knowing their coach is heavily out matched by his peers in terms of strategic decision making. How motivated can you possibly be when you know the master plan is to keep the game close enough to try a few onsides kicks and hail marys at the end? They know coach is a schmuck and are probably wondering why it's quarter to 8am on Tuesday, October 2nd and Bowles is shockingly still employed.

Yes we probably would be but the real story is their GM Dave Caldwell.  That team is loaded with talent, I remember before hiring Idzik we reached out to Caldwell about our GM job but he turned is down even for an interview which I'm assuming was due to the fact he was going to saddled with Rex.  I know Coughlin is going to get a ton of credit from the FO standpoint but JAX has been building the talent around that team for a while.  Not taking anything away from Marrone who seems to have done a nice job but the real story with JAX is the talent on that roster.

Archived