What if Chris asked you to pick

bostonmajet

There has been a lot of talk about how bad the team is and there is a constant fire Bowles (I am now in the group BTW), but often the reason is them doesn't have talent or Mac picked guys Bowles wanted. Or, fire Mac because the team is worse than Idzik's team or they are all undisciplined. So, if Chris Johnson called you on the phone and said you pick, you can fire either Bowles or Mac, but you must recommend the replacement and the other one would get a 2 year extension. Who do you pick? Why that one, and who do you replace them with?

Chris, I thought you were the sober smart one? 

But seriously 

I just can't do the thing where you keep the coach and force a GM to work with him thing again so Bowles has to go 

I would recommend Dan Campbell 

With that said we all need to chill 

Our role in this deal is to consume the content. Pro football is television content. 

It is not important or necessary or significant. 

It is a really well branded soap opera 

We are not the owner GM or coach 

Either consume it and try to get something out of it or don't 

It's kinda insane to let television content agitate you 

Anyone who was here last night hours after the game ended still spewing hate you really need to evaluate the situation lol

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

But seriously 

I just can't do the thing where you keep the coach and force a GM to work with him thing again so Bowles has to go 

Our role in this deal is to consume the content. Pro football is television content. 

Anyone who was here last night hours after the game ended still spewing hate you really need to evaluate the situation lol

I always wonder why people continue to follow the team that closely if it causes you that much heartache and pain...so much so it affects you in real life...

That definitely needs reevaluation

7 minutes ago, Larz said:

But seriously 

Wow. This post brought to mind the old line "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king".

Bowles gets fired hands down no contest he had proven to be  incompetent at his job for 3+ years getting worse.

Pains me to say it, BUT gun to my head I want to hire Jim Schwartz as the next HC, he reminds me of a Belicheck even though he is a D coach he seems to understand the analytics of football their importance, and the importance of a big time offense that scores points first, and needs to be innovative to get with the times.

17 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

I always wonder why people continue to follow the team that closely if it causes you that much heartache and pain...so much so it affects you in real life...

That definitely needs reevaluation

I get it, it's frustrating and disappointing but football has its place and it's entertainment 

1 hour ago, bostonmajet said:

There has been a lot of talk about how bad the team is and there is a constant fire Bowles (I am now in the group BTW), but often the reason is them doesn't have talent or Mac picked guys Bowles wanted. Or, fire Mac because the team is worse than Idzik's team or they are all undisciplined. So, if Chris Johnson called you on the phone and said you pick, you can fire either Bowles or Mac, but you must recommend the replacement and the other one would get a 2 year extension. Who do you pick? Why that one, and who do you replace them with?

I think, at that point, I gently hang up the phone, and start rooting for a different team. I'd feel guilty about for like 5 minutes.

I would fire Bowles and give mac the choice to pick his own coach. If that is not an option I am going to do something crazy and call rex Ryan and tell him we need some passion on the field. Alternatively I would call up shwartz cause his defenses have been golden every single place he has been. If I were forced into an offensive option I might look at who ever is bringing up receivers for Clemson cause they seem to have a good grasp on how to develop a reciever.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

I would do the only sane thing to do, I’d tell Chris to sign me up. Put me on the sideline collecting game day checks. Hell ya. I’d pull my madden playbook. My playcalling would be so unorganized (so out of left field because of me not knowing what the hell im doing) that defensive coordInators wouldn’t know what to do. I’ll accidentally be labeled a genious. Route tree? I’ll coach my receivers to juke somebody and just go to the open space. It’ll be like a school yard offense.

The real answer is DeFilippo.

Archived