Jack Del Rio

Philc1

He’s available and he’s way the hell better than Bowles.  I know everyone here wants to hire a 20 year old offensive coordinator to replace Blowes just because it worked for the rams but Del Rio is the best candidate available out there who we could realistically hire

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s available and he’s way the hell better than Bowles.  I know everyone here wants to hire a 20 year old offensive coordinator to replace Blowes just because it worked for the rams but Del Rio is the best candidate available out there who we could realistically hire

Yet he's another D coach. Why is he "hell better than Bowles" ?

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm scared to say this, so I'll whisper it, then deny I ever did it.... I love this! Always liked Del Rio. Please go easy on me guys, I know, he's old, a D guy, blah blah, I just always liked him from back from when he played. Sorry.

The only thing dumber than football fans being ageist is the whole “no retreads” thing

The “no retreads” thinking got us to hire Todd Blowes over Doug Marrone 

I thought the Raiders treated JDR poorly when they gave him the flick to consummate their love affair with Gruden, but I don't want him as head coach of the Jets. He has an overall career record, as a head coach, of 94-97 (including playoffs). Perhaps if he wants to be defensive coordinator, a la McVay and Wade Phillips at the Rams, but not as head coach.

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I'm scared to say this, so I'll whisper it, then deny I ever did it.... I love this! Always liked Del Rio. Please go easy on me guys, I know, he's old, a D guy, blah blah, I just always liked him from back from when he played. Sorry.

I love Jack too...but not for the reason you do.

4 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I love Jack too...but not for the reason you do.

I know, I know, the USC thing. LOL. My ex wife (well she used too) and daughter (still does) always say him and I look like brothers from another mother. So I gotta love my paisan!

28 minutes ago, Aussie Jet said:

I thought the Raiders treated JDR poorly when they gave him the flick to consummate their love affair with Gruden, but I don't want him as head coach of the Jets. He has an overall career record, as a head coach, of 94-97 (including playoffs). Perhaps if he wants to be defensive coordinator, a la McVay and Wade Phillips at the Rams, but not as head coach.

If Carr doesn’t break his leg week 17 in 2016 he not only beats the Texans in the playoffs he makes a run and is still the coach in Oakland 

27 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah let’s make the 20 year old qb have to learn another playbook

1. Do you think Del Rio would come in here and keep the same offense coordinator?

2. Why the f*ck would you want him to keep the same offensive coordinator after watching our offense for these 4 games?

Sam having to learn a new playbook was pretty much all but guaranteed, barring Bowles saving his job or Bates taking it away from him.  It sucks, but that's what happens when you fire someone a year after they should have been fired.

We could do a lot worse then Del Rio. Him and his staff brought Carr along pretty good, didn't they? He's a solid HC. By far the best candidate I've seen mentioned thus far. Have to be honest though, I don't know sh** about DeFillipo. Sure I'll learn more real soon though.

The franchise needs a Director of Football Operations for chrissakes. Even Hess has something like that with Gutman even though he was like an attorney or real estate guy.

Nothing going forward should resemble anything unless it resembles what Parcells did. 

25 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

What a mess. I honestly thought we'd be 3-1 right now with Jax the only loss.

We'll never know but I was really hoping we'd start McCown for the 1st 8 games. Let Sam watch and learn like Mahomes did at KC behind Smith.

truth is, it’s the defense that royally screwed up that expectation. Darnold is as expected and has had some highs and lows. defense holds on a play or two in a few games and we are AT LEAST 2-2

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

9 hours ago, Philc1 said:

How dare you make that suggestion. Your an evil man, and a threat to our democratic way of life. Like Kavanaugh. We're all grasping at straws now. Good thought. Rather have Rex than Del Rio though

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1. Do you think Del Rio would come in here and keep the same offense coordinator?

2. Why the f*ck would you want him to keep the same offensive coordinator after watching our offense for these 4 games?

Sam having to learn a new playbook was pretty much all but guaranteed, barring Bowles saving his job or Bates taking it away from him.  It sucks, but that's what happens when you fire someone a year after they should have been fired.

The problem isn’t the playcalling our receivers stink and we have a rookie qb

Robby - runs one route and fumbles

Kearse - clutch player but really a JAG

Pryor - sucks

And our tight ends are all JAGs at best

Offensive line is average

Yeah how does Bates not have the greatest show on turf with this roster?

2 hours ago, genot said:

How dare you make that suggestion. Your an evil man, and a threat to our democratic way of life. Like Kavanaugh. We're all grasping at straws now. Good thought. Rather have Rex than Del Rio though

Everyone is on the Sean McVay bandwagon now 30 year old qb coaches are all the rage

If we hire a millennial Qb coach will he bring Todd Gurley, Andrew Whitworth and Brandin Cooks?  If so I’m on board!

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

The problem isn’t the playcalling our receivers stink and we have a rookie qb

Robby - runs one route and fumbles

Kearse - clutch player but really a JAG

Pryor - sucks

And our tight ends are all JAGs at best

Offensive line is average

Yeah how does Bates not have the greatest show on turf with this roster?

The talent sucks but the playcalling has been just as awful. We have, at worst, better talent than we had last year and we can't find a way to scheme people open.  We had two Wide Receivers almost have 1,000 yards last season and they were streaking across the field, wide open on a number of plays, multiple times a game. 

We ran empty RB sets on 3 different 3rd and 1s.

That is strictly on Bates.

Either way, very rarely does a new HC keep the OC from the previous staff.  The Schottenheimer-Rex situation is the exception, not the rule.  Those who are still fans of the overrated mountain man better start saying their goodbyes.

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The talent sucks but the playcalling has been just as awful. We have, at worst, better talent than we had last year and we can't find a way to scheme people open.  We had two Wide Receivers almost have 1,000 yards last season and they were streaking across the field, wide open on a number of plays, multiple times a game. 

Either way, very rarely does a new HC keep the OC from the previous staff.  The Schottenheimer-Rex situation is the exception, not the rule.  Those who are still fans of the overrated mountain man better start saying their goodbyes.

It is very rare, yet for some reason Jets coaches seem to try to do it more often than anyone, most likely due to them being former DC's with no offensive connections.  Let us not forget, Mangini tried to pull the same thing until Heimerdinger gave him a big ole GFY.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Looks like Baldinger isn't a Jeremy Bates fan either.

Archived