Your 2018-2019 Knicks thread

Philc1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

My point is that the Knicks are finally at a point where they're all out tanking and have all of their foreseeable first round picks. That's what they should have been doing for the last twenty years to rebuild the team rather than trading future firsts for out of shape and over the hill guys like Eddy Curry, or giving up 2/3 of their worthwhile assets for Carmelo.

And my point is they're going to keep doing things like that.

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

And my point is they're going to keep doing things like that.

Maybe. It's been awhile since they've traded any first round picks.

If they strike out in FA like always it's time to take on bad contracts for draft assets and continue the tank. If they give max contracts to Boogie Cousins and Jimmy Butler, I'll agree, nothing has changed.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Instead of maxing out the latest in a long line of ridiculous chuckers, the Knicks traded him for an actual superstar, two first round draft picks, and cap space, and NOW they're all-out tanking?

Dennis Smith will compensate for all of it. Unfortunately he’s right up this front offices alley.

• Upvote 1

i_4d_e6_28_kevin-knox.png?w=90

In the summer, Knox thought the Knicks could contend for the eighth seed and get into the 37-win range. Instead, they are 10-45 — losers of 29 of their past 31 games. Knox sees giddiness on social media, and it gnaws at him. “Yeah, a lot of fans, they always say some dumb stuff,’’ Knox said at the morning shootaround at Quicken Loans Arena. “You see it all the time with the tanking and want us to lose, stuff like that. It’s kind of stupid. They’re not really true New Yorkers. Real Knicks fans know that we’re trying to just take this year to just develop us young guys and then next year hopefully make a push.”

I'm just going to leave this right here.....

According to The Ringer's Bill Simmons, Knicks owner James Dolan is seriously considering selling the team.

In his most recent podcast, which was recorded Sunday night, Simmons said: "Multiple people told me this, who know things. James Dolan is courting offers for the Knicks. It’s happening. It’s on. It’s go-time. He’s courting offers for the Knicks. That’s what I heard at All-Star weekend from people I trust." However, The Madison Square Garden Company released a statement early Monday afternoon, denying the rumor. "The story is 100% false. There has been nothing. No discussions. No plans to have discussions - nothing."

SOURCE: Forbes.com

Feb 18, 2019, 3:43 PM

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Robinson's 6.1 Blocks/48 is an historically great stat.  The next qualified player this season is Myles Turner at 4.7 followed by 4.3, 4.2 and 3.9 to round out the top 5.  He and DeAndre Jordan are a really nice 1-2 punch at Center although it's pretty clear Jordan's a goner next year.  Imagine Anthony Davis bringing his defense to pair up with Robinson (presuming we don't get the #1 pick, I could see this happening), then adding another dominant scorer like KD.  It could be possible that, fully in spite of Dolan, we could end up with a very watchable team next year.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Robinson's 6.1 Blocks/48 is an historically great stat.  The next qualified player this season is Myles Turner at 4.7 followed by 4.3, 4.2 and 3.9 to round out the top 5.  He and DeAndre Jordan are a really nice 1-2 punch at Center although it's pretty clear Jordan's a goner next year.  Imagine Anthony Davis bringing his defense to pair up with Robinson (presuming we don't get the #1 pick, I could see this happening), then adding another dominant scorer like KD.  It could be possible that, fully in spite of Dolan, we could end up with a very watchable team next year.  

Yeah if Durant does the sissy move and stays with the Warriors the Knicks have a good option with doing a sign and trade for Anthony Davis

Just do not give up Mitch Robs

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:08 AM, Philc1 said:

Haha Lebron.  Season over and you just lost to a Knicks team that is tanking

Lebron James time as the most dominant player in the sport is over.  He doesn't have the energy, youth or desire anymore.  His game has deteriorated, and even the ref's aren't giving him the calls he used to get. Defense is more of an afterthought than it's ever been.  He's still putting up numbers based solely on the number of looks and opportunities he gets.  He hurts the team.  The Lakers cannot be pleased.  At this point, he'll need two max contract type players to carry him.  Couldn't  happen to a nicer guy.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Lebron James time as the most dominant player in the sport is over.  He doesn't have the energy, youth or desire anymore.  His game has deteriorated, and even the ref's aren't giving him the calls he used to get. Defense is more of an afterthought than it's ever been.  He's still putting up numbers based solely on the number of looks and opportunities he gets.  He hurts the team.  The Lakers cannot be pleased.  At this point, he'll need two max contract type players to carry him.  Couldn't  happen to a nicer guy.

If Lebron and Kyrie go to the Lakers they are dumb the West is too stacked and they will be second round fodder for the warriors and spurs

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Lebron and Kyrie go to the Lakers they are dumb the West is too stacked and they will be second round fodder for the warriors and spurs

I think that Magic outthought himself this time.  I really see no long range plan here.  It's a very confusing roster configuration, and going  "all in" with Lebron at this juncture in his career, was a mistake.  Lonzo Ball has to be jettisoned, and Kuzma is the only piece on the roster with any value going forward. The rest of the roster is worse than the Knicks. Kyrie Irving is not coming there either.  "The King" is breaking down, and they're screwed.  I love it.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2019 at 2:29 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I think that Magic outthought himself this time.  I really see no long range plan here.  It's a very confusing roster configuration, and going  "all in" with Lebron at this juncture in his career, was a mistake.  Lonzo Ball has to be jettisoned, and Kuzma is the only piece on the roster with any value going forward. The rest of the roster is worse than the Knicks. Kyrie Irving is not coming there either.  "The King" is breaking down, and they're screwed.  I love it.

Yeah the Lakers do look like a train wreck.  No way they are going to sucker New Orleans into gifting them AD with some lame bs package of Lonzo, his crazy dad and trash.

Funny thing is as bad as the Lakers are they would be the 5th seed in the East

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Yeah the Lakers do look like a train wreck.  No way they are going to sucker New Orleans into gifting them AD with some lame bs package of Lonzo, his crazy dad and trash.

Funny thing is as bad as the Lakers are they would be the 5th seed in the East

I think it's safe to say that the Pelicans will never deal with the Lakers.  Think there's some bad blood there.  Lakers going to need a new Coach.  What's Tyron Lue doing these days?   The Junior Walton is a joke.  As unimpressed  as I have been with Fizdale lately, we dodged a bullet with him.  Doesn't anyone teach these guys to play any defense these  days.

Knicks just don't seem to be getting better as a team.  Some individuals, yes, but as a team, no.  Don't pass particularly well either.  All this losing for a 14.5% chance of the #1 pick?  Doesn't seem worth it to me.  At all.  Knox has made strides lately,  Mitchell Robinson too.  Dotson and Trier to some extent.  Hard to tell with the bizarre rotations Fizdale uses.

The Knicks missed out on Mike Budenholzer.  Thought so at the time, am sure of it now.  Coach of the year.

8 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He didn't have such a great trajectory in Atlanta, though I can't say that I paid attention and it might have related more to "buying the groceries."

I thought the Hawks always had flawed rosters, Ok but nothing special.  If you watch the Bucks this year, they are a pretty impressive group.  I know Giannis is a star, but the rest of the team also.  They move the ball, play defense and compete.  I also like the way he works the sideline.  He's well respected throughout the league too, must be a reason for that.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I thought the Hawks always had flawed rosters, Ok but nothing special.  If you watch the Bucks this year, they are a pretty impressive group.  I know Giannis is a star, but the rest of the team also.  They move the ball, play defense and compete.  I also like the way he works the sideline.  He's well respected throughout the league too, must be a reason for that.

Yeah.  I didn't keep much track of him, but IIRC after his big year they gave him some personnel control and went downhill. Not sure if they were trying to tank, but 17-18 was pretty awful.  He was a Gregg Pop guy, so he rest is to be expected

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Slight change of subject here, but after years of watching the Knicks draft one flawed PG after another, and then watching Ja Morant go off yesterday, I am thinking I won't be utterly crushed if we get the #2 pick instead of #1.

With our luck, and the new drafting rules, thanks NBA, we'll probably end up drafting 5th, behind Porzingas and the beloved Mark Cuban's Mavericks.