Your 2018-2019 Knicks thread

Philc1

On 10/2/2018 at 7:25 PM, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Knox is going to be at the very least a serviceable player going forward, I like his mentality and approach, but it's his co-rookie that I think has the higher floor. Robinson with a little added weight and experience is going to be a very solid player; a pumped-up Drew Gooden, if we're lucky.  

Robinson was a steal.  What I like is he already seems to have developed an nba body usually 19 year old 7 footers are wire thin 

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, the season is here already.  I think the Knicks are in contention for playoff spot into March but miss out and fall to lottery.

Knox is still very young.  I dont know if he'll win ROY but he'll make the All-Rookie team.  Robinson is still raw and will be shuffled between G-Leage and NBA team.

Frank needs to be starting at PG for sure. And Vonleh looks like he might turn into a nice little trade chip down the line and/or one of those lottery kids that just takes a few years to finally find his rhythm. The team sucks but it really does look like the Knicks found some nice, young value kids the past 1-2 years. Dotson and Robinson in particular, but also Hezonja, Burke, Vonleh...etc. I sincerely hope they plan on trying to flip some of these guys for picks.

• Upvote 2

On 10/31/2018 at 7:14 AM, Losmeister said:

ahh, Houston...   Melo JUST NEEDS THE BALL MORE!!!  jajajajajajajajajajajaja

team killer...   he was never even Robin...    his best role would have been like Ray allen, the 3rd musketeer...

Melo needs to retire

15 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Frank needs to be starting at PG for sure. And Vonleh looks like he might turn into a nice little trade chip down the line and/or one of those lottery kids that just takes a few years to finally find his rhythm. The team sucks but it really does look like the Knicks found some nice, young value kids the past 1-2 years. Dotson and Robinson in particular, but also Hezonja, Burke, Vonleh...etc. I sincerely hope they plan on trying to flip some of these guys for picks.

Not only should Frank start at pg he should be playing 40 minutes per night.  Yes Oladipo hit God mode last 5 minutes of the game but it was really lost when Fizdale went with Burke as the pg first 5 minutes of the 4th quarter.  Burke is a total liability on defense and not good offensively 

I liked the two center lineup Fizdale used last night and thought the pacers had a lot of trouble with it.  Why not?  Have 2 of Vonleh/Kanter/Robinson on the floor grabbing rebounds and blocking shots while  our guards put up 3’s

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Baker waived and Trier locked up with an option. What a nice little find he turned out to be. In fact that's the story of this year's team, a bunch of nice little finds. Weird that Ntilkina and Knox kinda seem like afterthoughts.

Knox is no afterthought.  Other night he got 25 and 15 in a game as a teenager he’s only the second nba player to do that first was Lebron

DE23346F-D70D-4262-8055-571DD0D61B75.jpeg

He’s also been on a tear since the last week of November averaging 14 and 7 and now starts I’m sticking with my original prediction regarding him

23 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Knox is no afterthought.  Other night he got 25 and 15 in a game as a teenager he’s only the second nba player to do that first was Lebron

DE23346F-D70D-4262-8055-571DD0D61B75.jpeg

He’s also been on a tear since the last week of November averaging 14 and 7 and now starts I’m sticking with my original prediction regarding him

Eh. We'll see. You can’t really be on a tear as a scorer when you’re shooting like 40% almost every night. His true shooting % is also quite terrible. Knox looks like another wildly talented yet inconsistent and inaccurate volume scorer and that's no bueno. By afterthought I meant that the clear story for the Knicks this season are the not-horrible guys that the Knicks didn't have to invest lottery picks or big paychecks into (Mudiay, Vonleh, Trier, Robinson...etc) - that the numbers also show are doing quite well.

On 12/14/2018 at 9:56 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Eh. We'll see. You can’t really be on a tear as a scorer when you’re shooting like 40% almost every night. His true shooting % is also quite terrible. Knox looks like another wildly talented yet inconsistent and inaccurate volume scorer and that's no bueno. By afterthought I meant that the clear story for the Knicks this season are the not-horrible guys that the Knicks didn't have to invest lottery picks or big paychecks into (Mudiay, Vonleh, Trier, Robinson...etc) - that the numbers also show are doing quite well.

Knox has been balling he’s going to be better than Porzingis