WR dept. - Robby Anderson ~ ~ ~

kelly

18 minutes ago, kelly said:

The Jets need to lock down Quincy Enunwa before he hits free agency              https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/04/the-jets-need-to-lock-down-quincy-enunwa-before-he-hits-free-agency/ via @thejetswire 

This is the biggest problem with the Jets. The talent is so freaking low on this team that when we have someone who just doesn't suck at his position, we think we need to run and sign him to a deal right away. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Rich Cimini  ESPN Staff Writer 

Robby Anderson described his 7-yard TD catch from Sam Darnold, who scrambled 47 yards before unleashing a laser: "He was going to the right and I had to shake loose and find an area. Dude was holding me, so I had to knock him off from holding me. Thankfully, he found me and he put the ball right where it needed to be and we got six."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

No Pro Bowl but he had a good game and is a valuable asset. But he has the potential to be a Pro Bowl player and is a legit long threat. 

robbie is like everything else with the jets.  he needs the other receivers to play better so his game gets opened up a bit.  enunwa and herndon could be the guys who draw the defense and give anderson the room he needs. and then couple this with an oline that can keep darnold clean and good things will happen.

On 10/4/2018 at 12:43 PM, More Cowbell said:

This is the biggest problem with the Jets. The talent is so freaking low on this team that when we have someone who just doesn't suck at his position, we think we need to run and sign him to a deal right away. 

I don't think that is the problem.  I think the problem is that when we have a guy under control and we know what he is, we don't make a team friendly deal early to lock him down. They have Anderson for $3M 2nd round tender next season.  Why not offer to lock him up now at what would be a bargain on the free market?  Similarly with Enunwa  last offseason. I don't want to deal with these guys like they did with Winters and Wilkerson.  Or even with Ijalana and Powell.  They let them hit the market, then have them back for one year deals.  The following season they lock them up for bigger money?  I don't get it.  Didn't they just prove that they weren't getting big deals on the open market?   Why sign Claiborne to consecutive 1 year deals?   

1 minute ago, Nixhead said:

Anderson is a weapon. Use him correctly and he’s a nice piece of the puzzle. Enunwa is also a weapon but the way he plays he will always have some kind of an injury. I would pay Anderson over Enunwa on a decent 3-4 yr contract. 

We lack a true #1 WR and a #2 WR.   Robbie and Quincy #3 WR's at best.  We need a decent slot WR and a burner who isn't afraid to go over the middle. 

29 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Anderson is a weapon. Use him correctly and he’s a nice piece of the puzzle. Enunwa is also a weapon but the way he plays he will always have some kind of an injury. I would pay Anderson over Enunwa on a decent 3-4 yr contract. 

agreed !.. i think that is what mac will end up doing   ?

31 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

Anderson is no weapon he's a 1 trick pony if he retuned punts and kicks then a weapon. 

Do what he did yesterday consistently not once every 7 games. 

• Thumb Down 1

• 2 weeks later...

Rich Cimini     ESPN Staff Writer 

Jets WR Quincy Enunwa (ankle) has been ruled out for Sunday against the Packers and it's quite likely his season is over. He will go into free agency with major injury questions, having missed 20 of the last 31 games with neck and ankle issues. "I'm sure he's disappointed because of how hard he worked to get back," said Todd Bowles, alluding to Enunwa's neck surgery in 2017. This will have an impact on his market value. Enunwa may have to take a one-year, prove-it deal.

Robbie should be retained.

He's developed a bit and can do more.

Way more valuable than Q. Maybe we bring back Q on the cheap see if he can make roster.

Still need a #1 GO TO guy. Would be nice if we had a Chrebet type possession guy to get Sam some easy positive plays keep us out of 3 and 10 or more.

Rich Cimini       ESPN Staff Writer 

A few thoughts on Quincy Enunwa's four-year, $36 million extension: 1. Good move by the Jets. Enunwa was their No. 1 free-agent priority. 2. The Jets have their top two receivers, Robby Anderson and Enunwa, under control for 2019. They need another. 3. Enunwa passed up a chance to test the open market because he was concerned about how recent injuries would affect his value and because he really wanted to stay a Jet. 4. The Sam Darnold factor played a role. Enunwa sees a bright future with the young QB. 5. It appears to be business as usual for the front office, which bodes well for GM Mike Maccagnan.

Rich Cimini       ESPN Staff Writer 

WR Jermaine Kearse expressed frustration with his role in Jeremy Bates' offense. "It wasn't a match," he said. While Kearse acknowledged he could've played better, he felt like he was on "the backburner" in the scheme. He will be a free agent.

>   http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyj/new-york-jets