Upcoming Site Changes \ New Moderation Rules

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing against Max at all.  But this is what happens when corporate money is necessary to keep your enterprise afloat.  Totally get the situation.

This is the reason Ragu, Bing, and other posters from the old JI Hampur started their own site.  You can say and post pretty much what you like. I don't post there but read it occasionally.  Some of those folks are pretty damn funny.

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

That jerk off thread was always weird as hell. Good riddance. 

Funny, I never saw it that way or "indulged" in that activity while on it.  I just always liked looking at the beautiful women, 99.99% of which were not naked.

Also, is "jerkoff" now a banned word on the site?

37 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Funny, I never saw it that way or "indulged" in that activity while on it.  I just always liked looking at the beautiful women, 99.99% of which were not naked.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is the consensus sentiment, but the thread had nearly 8 million views.  So some of you are liars who couldn't help but click on it. 

In any case @Bombdirt worked hard to post a lot of funny stuff in it too, so its a sad day. 

Ah well.  There's always Mafia.  Lord knows the Jets and Jets discussion aren't providing a fun distraction around here. 

Exactly my point. I'm not saying the primary purpose of it was for fapping, what I'm saying is that there are definitely dudes on this site and/or lurkers that were yanking it to that thread. And that's pretty gross, and weird. Like really weird.

Completely understandable!

I'll be honest, I was surprised the hot women thread was up, albeit definitely clicked on it a few times.

In unrelated note, anyone know how to save pictures in mass?

Kidding aside, yeah can definitely do without cursing and nudity because it doesn't add much to the discussion. For a site that is as popular as this one, shouldn't be operating at net negative.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Plus they will get to see Tom Shane again, although without cursing certain posters will have their vocabulary cut by up to 70%..:beer:

Other posters may have to change their avatars, and should probably do so before the mods do it for them, and then they go into a full scale defcon 5 meltdown.

Just general thoughts though...

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Max can you give examples? 

Like, do any of these "hurt" the site (because i really dont understand how all this works)  :

Ahole

Chit

Dikhed

F'ed up

Im being serious. Sometimes i see curses get through but what about asterisks covering letters? 

You don’t ask the principal something like this dumbaz 

6 hours ago, KRL said:

Good, this is a football site if people want to curse and see nude pictures there

are TONS of sites for that

My thoughts exactly. I can insult the heck out of people without profanity, and I have no interest whatsoever in @Jetsfan80‘s quest to provide masterbation inspiration to every dude here.

frankly it’s deranged.

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Something is slowing down this site for me, i know that much.

The funny thing about the content, i go to another site, a hockey site that is very strict for the reasons you stated and half their ads are dodgy as hell re content.

The slow down is the same for me. I've noticed it on the thread pages where certain posters who use gifs? (not sure if that's the correct term) in their signatures have posted 2 or more times. It's like a 3 min. wait to load up.

3 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

The slow down is the same for me. I've noticed it on the thread pages where certain posters who use jifs? (not sure if that's the correct term) in their signatures have posted 2 or more times. It's like a 3 min. wait to load up.

Nedspoilers.gif

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

F@#*.  Okay, another issue.  These last two times when I've tried to edit my original post, it has instead posted another one. 

User error.

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

The notion that guys are curating internet images of nudies so other guys can ogle is gay. I don’t personally have a problem with this, but like to call it what it is and joke about it (given the tough guy nature of most people here). It’s like an arrousal-assist.

“Having a bad day friend-o? Here, have a boner. My treat.””

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Exactly my point. I'm not saying the primary purpose of it was for fapping, what I'm saying is that there are definitely dudes on this site and/or lurkers that were yanking it to that thread. And that's pretty gross, and weird. Like really weird.

As opposed to you yanking it to the “movies we’ve seen thread”?

4 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Both demands are good for the site regardless, but Im not sure you will see the results you hope for.  Lots of sites are having similar issues and they didn’t have cursing or nudity to begin with.  Some are professional, although smaller and localized, news outlets.

We are banned by the largest ad network in the world specifically for the nudity. So getting reinstated will definitely have a positive impact. If we get resinstated that is.

2 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Nothing against Max at all.  But this is what happens when corporate money is necessary to keep your enterprise afloat.  Totally get the situation.

This is the reason Ragu, Bing, and other posters from the old JI Hampur started their own site.  You can say and post pretty much what you like. I don't post there but read it occasionally.  Some of those folks are pretty damn funny.

And I think they have a donation thread. The problem is our hosting costs are so high. When you have 14,000 people here on game day it tends to eat up some bandwidth and CPU time.

Archived