Bowles should go before Macc....

Freemanm

15 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

bud we could have kamara, barkley, and L. Bell and we would still give the ball to Crowell to wipe his ass on TV against the browns..

Coaching is the problem. Get rid of the coach. Bowles has shown 0 of what was promised at least rex gave us great defense...

The Saints traded their 2018 2nd for Kamara.  If the Jets did that they probably would have had to part with another first for Darnold. 

13 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

No. That is not the argument I'm making. Macc's job is to draft players that fit on a Bowles' coached team. He is going to draft players that fit into his scheme and coaching style. If John Defilippo became our coach, Macc would likely draft players to beef up the offense. 

I never understood this philosophy.  The coach is great at scheming for D, so you stack the D and the O gets scraps?  It seems counter-intuitive.  For Rex, I never wanted to get him edge rushers.  Let him scheme pressure. He needed cover corners, but trying for 11 all=pros on D and no O was a mistake. 

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

It's hard to have rational conversations when people say things like this. 

This is just one series from Adams. You can argue that it's not game changing because the Jets lost, but this is what you can look forward to with Adams. 

He was #6 overall.  Glad that in 20 games you found a play, but it is outside the top 10 that his drafts have been barren.  Brandon Shell might be the 2nd best player selected after #6 overall, and certainly 2nd best outside of the first round. . 

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

GMs never have say over game planning.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Didn't Idzik mandate that Geno start? I know the dude in Cleveland got fined for calling the booth and making demands.

EDIT:  It was Ray Farmer and he was fined for sending texts to the sideline 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

It’s anazing how many good players Maccagnan wanted to take but couldn’t because Bowles told him not to, or because Woody made him spend money, or because we weren’t rebuilding yet, or because the cruel winds of fate dashed him against the rocks of circumstance

When you really think about it, he's the victim here

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

BPA is not a bad strategy ... Just stop.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you go exclusively with that strat you get high end safeties and dline who do not help you  win unless they are elite.  We took be best dline man in the draft, we took the best safety in the draft we took the best ILB in the draft.  And none of those guys wen when playing reasonably well help you win vs good teams.

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you go exclusively with that strat you get high end safeties and dline who do not help you  win unless they are elite.  We took be best dline man in the draft, we took the best safety in the draft we took the best ILB in the draft.  And none of those guys wen when playing reasonably well help you win vs good teams.

Yours stance is clearly one of an irrational fan who doesn't expect our team to know the opponents' plays before the snap every week.

Can someone give me a list of rookie GM's who crushed their first 4 drafts? Can someone give me a list of NFL franchises who change their GM's every few years that have Super Bowl rings? 
I'm not disputing that some of his moves are real stinkers. I'm not disputing that he has practically ignored the offensive line in the draft. I cannot see a franchise fire a GM who put the team in a position top draft a potential franchise QB. He's not going anywhere, anytime soon. He gets until at least the end of 2019. 

This is exactly how I see it.

He is a first time GM and therefore will need to learn the nuances of the role to become stronger at his job. He has shown the ability to get things done and while not perfect, has a football acumen.
The negative impact an upheaval of the entire organization would have is far worse than people realize. Stability is the order of the day and what a franchise needs for prolonged success.
This cut and run mentality is literally the problem. The ny jets need to build a stable org. Macc getting fired for a new unknown(whether experienced it not) would be the exact opposite of that goal.

Bowles sucks

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived