If We Lose to Denver

TNJet

Is Todd Bowles gone? Thats 4 losses in a row with a team that has talent. More than we get credit for anyway. I guess if we lose Todd gets the free pass because Kacy wasn't with the team? Or does he look even worse knowing he called the defense that gave up 4 scores from the Broncos? I'm almost to the point hoping we lose just to get the coaching change done. Thats how much i love these Jets. ?

21 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Is Todd Bowles gone? Thats 4 losses in a row with a team that has talent. More than we get credit for anyway. I guess if we lose Todd gets the free pass because Kacy wasn't with the team? Or does he look even worse knowing he called the defense that gave up 4 scores from the Broncos? I'm almost to the point hoping we lose just to get the coaching change done. Thats how much i love these Jets. ?

Which team has talent?  Certainly not ours...

We can lose every game the rest of the way and we are not firing Bowles mid season...stop with the doom and gloom. Realistically no-one should have expected a win the last 2 weeks. We played against good defenses that have given better offenses problems. Its like we expect good players on other teams to do the OPPOSITE of what they have been doing most of their careers when they play us.

Hopefully we are past all the knee jerk moments and can enjoy this game..............

until it's over and the boobirds will find something to complain about no matter what the outcome. 

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Who takes over mid season?

Our D co-ordinator is ill.  (#1, hope he gets better).   No one really likes our O co-ordinator.   So, who do you really think wants the job?

Just now, chirorob said:

Who takes over mid season?

Our D co-ordinator is ill.  (#1, hope he gets better).   No one really likes our O co-ordinator.   So, who do you really think wants the job?

Someone needs to "answer for Santino" on this one.   Why did they put so much faith in this guy?

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Did everyone expect a team without a # 1 Wr, possibly a #2 as well, a RB from a team that went 0-16 last season, no TE, and a bad OL to be good this season?

We will most likely lose on Sunday. Denver is a better team. I can think of multiple reasons to fire Bowels but losing to Denver is not one of them. 

Anyone who doesn't think Quincy Enunwa is a #1 reciever hasn't watched a game he's played in or doesn't know their @ss from a hole in the ground about football. Our wrs aren't producing yet because of Bates' dink and dunk  offense and a rookie QB with no time to throw.

So i went through our full schedule.  I have us finishing 3-13 this year if Bowels keeps his job all year. The onlt other wins I gave us us beating the Colts at Metlife because they look as bad as us. And squeaking out 1 of the Bills games by a narrow margin. If we play the way we have the last 3 games its looking like 3 wins for ys this year. I smell contract extension for Todd.

26 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Anyone who doesn't think Quincy Enunwa is a #1 reciever hasn't watched a game he's played in or doesn't know their @ss from a hole in the ground about football. Our wrs aren't producing yet because of Bates' dink and dunk  offense and a rookie QB with no time to throw.

He is a # 1 Wr on a team that has awful wr's

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

9 teams have 3 or more wins. 

We are within 1 game of the rest of the league (23 teams). 

The ‘sky-is-falling’ SOJFs are probably better served waiting until AFTER we play the game to start complaining about our losses. 

Math and stuff.

5 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

We can lose every game the rest of the way and we are not firing Bowles mid season...stop with the doom and gloom. Realistically no-one should have expected a win the last 2 weeks. We played against good defenses that have given better offenses problems. Its like we expect good players on other teams to do the OPPOSITE of what they have been doing most of their careers when they play us.

Hopefully we are past all the knee jerk moments and can enjoy this game..............

until it's over and the boobirds will find something to complain about no matter what the outcome. 

I don't think anyone was expecting the Vikings to do the opposite of what they were doing before the got shellacked by the Bills! Jets should be 2-2, that loss to the Browns up 14 zip is inexcusable!

Keenum has thrown for fewer TDs and more INTs than Sam, and has been sacked 9 times to Sam's 10. 

Having said that, they've probably practised shallow crossing routes, so he'll be the next Montana / Elway / Brady after tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't think anyone was expecting the Vikings to do the opposite of what they were doing before the got shellacked by the Bills! Jets should be 2-2, that loss to the Browns up 14 zip is inexcusable!

I said expect PLAYERS to do the opposite of what they have done in their careers. I didnt say that no-one can have an upset. The loss to the browns is not that surprising, they were at home and have a hell of a lot better players on defense than we do. In fact their DC is much better than ours too. The fact that we got 14 points gave people unrealistic expectations. They have better wr's, better rb, better OC, better...................well you get the idea. 

25 minutes ago, BRONX DUDE said:

This is a WINNABLE GAME guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is... but who cares?   The game against Denver is irrelevant.  Only two things matter.  Darnold improving.  Bowles getting fired.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Comprende?

8 hours ago, TNJet said:

I guess my only question would be have the Jets lost to a team with less talent then them this year?  I could argue that Jacksonville and Cleveland both have more talent than the Jets.  Detroit probably does too, although maybe it's a push.  Miami probably has about the same amount of talent.

I'm not sure the Jets have played any team with less talent than them.  They certainly won't be playing on tomorrow.

No, besides we are not losing to Denver.

Of course we are. When have we EVER played well against the Broncos, whether home or away?

Dating back to the AFC Title Game in ‘99, we’ve lost 7 of the last 10 meetings with them, including the last 3 straight. The last 2 we lost by 14 and 23 points, respectively.

This is the week that jumpstarts Denver’s season after a so-so start to the campaign.

4 hours ago, jamesr said:

Keenum has thrown for fewer TDs and more INTs than Sam, and has been sacked 9 times to Sam's 10. 

Having said that, they've probably practised shallow crossing routes, so he'll be the next Montana / Elway / Brady after tomorrow.

Exactly. Except a good team would be ready for those shallow crossing routes. The Jets won’t. Whatever the Broncos do the Jets will say they haven’t done that before but we’ll be ready next time for sure. 

Archived