Keep Mac and bowls

bealeb319

6 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Was in this camp (although not a 100% supporter) when the contract extensions were announced. Hoped that Bowles would show growth. That said since the extension it has been just more of the same with Bowles and in some ways I feel he has regressed. As for Mac I have not agreed with the direction his drafts have taken I believe he has done an ok job overall. As far as his O-Line decisions he could have drafted with more enficiss but when you take into account the retirement of Brick, the fall off of Mangold (injury and age) and just injury’s across the board he has made the best of some bad situations.

Why do people keep bringing up Brick's retirement as though it was some sudden, unexpected event that happened from out of nowhere?

After failing to sign anybody to take his place in FA, Maccagnan then told Brick in early April to take a 50% pay cut or he's getting cut. Since Brick accepting such a massive pay cut was not the most likely outcome of that ultimatum, the most-expected result was no Ferguson within the next few days.

That's like a property manager telling a tenant to agree to pay double the rent or get evicted, and then when the tenant just moves out instead, someone comes to the property manager's defense and say the lack of rent revenue isn't his fault since this tenant suddenly moved out. 

The regression of Mangold was less expected - few dispute that - but then he was staring at a center prospect in round 3 and instead decided to trade down to pick up a later round pick. The team that moved up took the center. We took Stewart and I think the dirtbag who DUI'd into oncoming traffic in the Lincoln Tunnel. 

I'm weary of people treating this horrible GM like he's some sort of victim. The loyal fans are the victims. 

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Why do people keep bringing up Brick's retirement as though it was some sudden, unexpected event that happened from out of nowhere?

After failing to sign anybody to take his place in FA, Maccagnan then told Brick in early April to take a 50% pay cut or he's getting cut. Since Brick accepting such a massive pay cut was not the most likely outcome of that ultimatum, the most-expected result was no Ferguson within the next few days.

That's like a property manager telling a tenant to agree to pay double the rent or get evicted, and then when the tenant just moves out instead, someone comes to the property manager's defense and say the lack of rent revenue isn't his fault since this tenant suddenly moved out. 

The regression of Mangold was less expected - few dispute that - but then he was staring at a center prospect in round 3 and instead decided to trade down to pick up a later round pick. The team that moved up took the center. We took Stewart and I think the dirtbag who DUI'd into oncoming traffic in the Lincoln Tunnel. 

I'm weary of people treating this horrible GM like he's some sort of victim. The loyal fans are the victims. 

I was so happy when Pat Elfein was still on he board and then extremely confused when the Jets traded that pick. Then I was extremely angry that the team that we traded with drafted him.

Now I’m even more angry because Elfein looks good and Stewart is already out of the league in record time. Yeah, anyone defending Mac is insane, just completely insane and has very little wit. 

10 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

Bowles must go.  Macc I'm more open for debate.  He's drafted terribly overall.  And the early returns on the big Trumaine Johnson signing don't look good.  But he did get us the real deal young franchise QB that no other GM since Parcells has gotten us.

^This is enough for me.  Mac has to go.  done.gif

Bowles went the opposite way. Trailing by 22 points, he opted for a field goal on fourth-and-8 from the Jacksonville Jaguars' 20. That almost never happens. Consider:

Since 2001, there have been 227 instances in which a team has faced a fourth down at or inside the 20, down by at least 20 points in the fourth quarter. They've gone for it 215 times (95 percent), kicking only 12, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Let's narrow it down to the Bowles era. Since 2015, teams have gone for it on 41 of 43 plays in that situation. The only two exceptions? You guessed it -- the Jets. (They kicked it in a blowout loss to the Dolphins in 2016.) For the record, Bowles also went for it twice, failing both times. (Hat tip to the Gang Green Nation blog for uncovering the stat.)

Lol

Archived