Quotes from Robby that might surprise

Pac

Sam Darnold is leaving his best weapon unused

How about this for the start of Sunday’s Jets game against the Broncos at MetLife Stadium: Get aggressive early on offense and go for the jugular immediately.

How about immediately loosening the Denver defense up by taking some shots down the field with rookie quarterback Sam Darnold throwing the ball deep to Robby Anderson and letting him make a play, whether it’s with a catch or drawing a pass interference penalty?

For obvious reasons, the Jets have played it very close to the vest on offense as they’ve tried both to protect their rookie quarterback and break him in at the same time.

Understandable. But the Jets are 1-3 and it’s time for them to play with a bit more urgency.

Darnold has the arm to deliver the football where it needs to go, which is down the field to the likes of Anderson, who with his speed is the closest thing the Jets have to a dangerous skill position player on offense.

To be fair, Darnold has had receivers like Anderson open deep down the field for potential TDs and he hasn’t seen them. Part of his growth is being able to quickly move through his progressions, and Darnold isn’t quite adept enough to get through them rapidly enough to see some of his open options.

This will come. The Jets hope sooner rather than later — and possibly in time for the Broncos on Sunday — because they’re an offense in serious need of some game-turning chunk plays.

The good news is Darnold has done a pretty good job of protecting the football. The bad news is he’s thrown only four touchdowns in four games, which is not enough.

Subsequently, it’s been a quiet fall so far for Anderson, who has just eight catches for 108 yards and a touchdown in four games. He’s been targeted just 16 times compared to the 37 times Darnold has looked the way of Quincy Enunwa. Jermaine Kearse, who missed the first game with an abdominal injury, has been targeted just 13 times and Terrelle Pryor 15 times.

To his credit, Anderson, despite being open for some big plays and not having had the ball thrown his way, hasn’t groused about his lack of touches. He’s been waiting patiently. Waiting to explode.

Asked by The Post how much he looks forward to that breakout game finally arriving for him and the offense, Anderson said, “Oh, I’m ready. I’m like a lion in the zoo waiting for them to drop that steak in the cage. I’m feeling it.”

Darnold surely wants to spread the ball around more to his receivers. He just seems a bit too fixated on Enunwa, which isn’t a terrible thing because Enunwa is a big, dependable target. But the other receivers — most notably Anderson — need to be more involved.

Is the plan to spread the ball around?

“I would say so,” Anderson said. “But one thing I would say about quote-unquote ‘plans,’ they don’t always go as planned. Even in life, you can plan out a whole day, and let’s say you’re going somewhere and you catch a flat tire. All of a sudden, your whole plan is ruined. Things get off schedule and there are twists and turns.”

Anderson, as much as he craves the rock, seems to have a patient understanding for what Darnold is going through as a rookie.

“I think back to my rookie year, the first few games I started, that (bleep) was hard, you know?” Anderson said. “I can only imagine as a quarterback how hard it is for [Darnold]. I know it’s challenging, but I see the growth, the hard work and the positivity.

“I think the more that we support him and make those plays for him and the O-line protects him and the running game gets going, everything is going to start clicking. We’ve just to be positive and stay patient.”

Anderson said Darnold doesn’t have to promise the receivers the balls will come to them.

“I don’t think he has to say he wants to get the ball to you, it’s not like he doesn’t want to,” Anderson said. “He wants to be successful, but he’s still learning this thing.”

Veteran backup quarterback Josh McCown, Darnold’s mentor and de facto quarterbacks coach, said he likes the patience Darnold has shown in not forcing things — even if the big plays aren’t happening yet.

“The main thing is going through your reads, and whatever the read is, go through it and trust it,” McCown said. “You can’t get too concerned with trying to force spreading the ball around. Let it come. It’s hard for young players. You walk into the huddle and you’ve got veteran receivers and you want to make sure you get those guys the ball.

“It’s important for him to understand, though, that there are reads and progressions for a reason. He’s done a great job of trusting that. It’s still early in the season, and I think as things evolve, you’ll see things spread around more.”

Robby really has handled the situation well and his run ins with the law may have given him a new perspective.  I've seen him open a # of times but never shows any frustration about being missed..  just runs back to the huddle and gets the next play.

He definitely needs to get the ball.

and save the "hold onto the ball when you get it" posts..  he fumbled once..  it happens.  Last year he made some catches that were FAR from easy.

40 minutes ago, Pac said:

Robby really has handled the situation well and his run ins with the law may have given him a new perspective.  I've seen him open a # of times but never shows any frustration about being missed..  just runs back to the huddle and gets the next play.

and save the "hold onto the ball when you get it" posts..  he fumbled once..  it happens.  Last year he made some catches that were FAR from easy.

Actually hasn't he fumbled twice & both times creating instant scoring opportunities for the opposing team?

The Robby involvement is coming soon... Been saying it for 2 weeks.  He didn't forget how to play ball.  Thr fumbles were bad mistakes, but he is getting open plenty.

Patience... He started slow last season too.  The game hasn't slowed down for Darnold even one millisecond yet. 

9 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dink and Darnold has taken a player on the verge of a pro bowl into a useless player.

Robbie is being a great team player not throwing the qb under the bus.  

Darnold needs to step up and start throwing the ball down the field.  No one wants to watch the dink and darnold crap anymore.

It's not like he turned the ball over twice in crucial situations.

It's not like the dink and dunk is the gameplan.

No it's all Darnold. Darnold calls the plays and made Robby fumble those balls, right? 

Except that Robby is a one trick skinny pony and not the Jets best weapon.

Sam Darnold is leaving his best weapon unused

How about this for the start of Sunday’s Jets game against the Broncos at MetLife Stadium: Get aggressive early on offense and go for the jugular immediately.
How about immediately loosening the Denver defense up by taking some shots down the field with rookie quarterback Sam Darnold throwing the ball deep to Robby Anderson and letting him make a play, whether it’s with a catch or drawing a pass interference penalty?
For obvious reasons, the Jets have played it very close to the vest on offense as they’ve tried both to protect their rookie quarterback and break him in at the same time.
Understandable. But the Jets are 1-3 and it’s time for them to play with a bit more urgency.
Darnold has the arm to deliver the football where it needs to go, which is down the field to the likes of Anderson, who with his speed is the closest thing the Jets have to a dangerous skill position player on offense.
To be fair, Darnold has had receivers like Anderson open deep down the field for potential TDs and he hasn’t seen them. Part of his growth is being able to quickly move through his progressions, and Darnold isn’t quite adept enough to get through them rapidly enough to see some of his open options.
This will come. The Jets hope sooner rather than later — and possibly in time for the Broncos on Sunday — because they’re an offense in serious need of some game-turning chunk plays.
The good news is Darnold has done a pretty good job of protecting the football. The bad news is he’s thrown only four touchdowns in four games, which is not enough.

Subsequently, it’s been a quiet fall so far for Anderson, who has just eight catches for 108 yards and a touchdown in four games. He’s been targeted just 16 times compared to the 37 times Darnold has looked the way of Quincy Enunwa. Jermaine Kearse, who missed the first game with an abdominal injury, has been targeted just 13 times and Terrelle Pryor 15 times.
To his credit, Anderson, despite being open for some big plays and not having had the ball thrown his way, hasn’t groused about his lack of touches. He’s been waiting patiently. Waiting to explode.
Asked by The Post how much he looks forward to that breakout game finally arriving for him and the offense, Anderson said, “Oh, I’m ready. I’m like a lion in the zoo waiting for them to drop that steak in the cage. I’m feeling it.”
Darnold surely wants to spread the ball around more to his receivers. He just seems a bit too fixated on Enunwa, which isn’t a terrible thing because Enunwa is a big, dependable target. But the other receivers — most notably Anderson — need to be more involved.
Is the plan to spread the ball around?
“I would say so,” Anderson said. “But one thing I would say about quote-unquote ‘plans,’ they don’t always go as planned. Even in life, you can plan out a whole day, and let’s say you’re going somewhere and you catch a flat tire. All of a sudden, your whole plan is ruined. Things get off schedule and there are twists and turns.”
Anderson, as much as he craves the rock, seems to have a patient understanding for what Darnold is going through as a rookie.
“I think back to my rookie year, the first few games I started, that (bleep) was hard, you know?” Anderson said. “I can only imagine as a quarterback how hard it is for [Darnold]. I know it’s challenging, but I see the growth, the hard work and the positivity.
“I think the more that we support him and make those plays for him and the O-line protects him and the running game gets going, everything is going to start clicking. We’ve just to be positive and stay patient.”

Anderson said Darnold doesn’t have to promise the receivers the balls will come to them.
“I don’t think he has to say he wants to get the ball to you, it’s not like he doesn’t want to,” Anderson said. “He wants to be successful, but he’s still learning this thing.”
Veteran backup quarterback Josh McCown, Darnold’s mentor and de facto quarterbacks coach, said he likes the patience Darnold has shown in not forcing things — even if the big plays aren’t happening yet.
“The main thing is going through your reads, and whatever the read is, go through it and trust it,” McCown said. “You can’t get too concerned with trying to force spreading the ball around. Let it come. It’s hard for young players. You walk into the huddle and you’ve got veteran receivers and you want to make sure you get those guys the ball.
“It’s important for him to understand, though, that there are reads and progressions for a reason. He’s done a great job of trusting that. It’s still early in the season, and I think as things evolve, you’ll see things spread around more.”

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Robby knows has good Darnold can be. He’s said it before, “Sam is the Truth”. He sees how pathetic the protection is and how insanely hard of a starting schedule we’ve had. He also knows he’s caused us two wins with his fumbles.... 

4 hours ago, Pac said:

PAC

Patron saint of Aye Caramba what a dummy.

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Dink and Darnold has taken a player on the verge of a pro bowl into a useless player.

Robbie is being a great team player not throwing the qb under the bus.  

Darnold needs to step up and start throwing the ball down the field.  No one wants to watch the dink and darnold crap anymore.

Hard to throw downfield from your fanny

A few Robby Anderson quotes that would have really surprised me:

"I was in Brooks Brothers the other day and picked up a couple more cardigans and a sweater vest."

"Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?"

"I was voted safest out of everyone in my defensive driving course this past June."

"I just did what anyone would do when upon seeing a neighbor's son was having trouble in his calculus class: I decided to tutor him, and now he's turned that D into an A-minus."

"I spent most of this offseason working on my second PhD in 3rd century Roman architecture."

"Stephen Hawking's death could have left such a void in the field, so I'm prepared to have that torch passed on to me."

"I'd like to thank the Nobel Academy..."

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Robby knows has good Darnold can be. He’s said it before, “Sam is the Truth”. He sees how pathetic the protection is and how insanely hard of a starting schedule we’ve had. He also knows he’s caused us two wins with his fumbles.... 

:-({|=

I fully admit I'm amusing myself with this.

"I left because they wouldn't take Diner's Club. Also there was a corkage fee."

"You should see the great deal I just got on a Chevy Volt. Gotta lower that carbon footprint, y'all."

"Bring a pinot for the lady, and I'll have a riesling."

"I don't understand why bars need to stay open to 4am. Nothing good happens after midnight."

8 hours ago, nico002 said:

He caused two wins with his fumbles? This is the type of unintelligible quotes I expect from Robby.

15 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I fully admit I'm amusing myself with this.

"I left because they wouldn't take Diner's Club. Also there was a corkage fee."

"You should see the great deal I just got on a Chevy Volt. Gotta lower that carbon footprint, y'all."

"Bring a pinot for the lady, and I'll have a riesling."

"I don't understand why bars need to stay open to 4am. Nothing good happens after midnight."

The A- that I received in English ruined my perfect GPA

If you fumble on contact in competitive games twice, don't expect the QB is going to be looking for you. When this idiot decided to spend his offseason getting high all over south Florida rather than bulking up in the weight room, that was a decision. Decisions have consequences. There are good reasons he wen undrafted and  will always be at the end of an NFL roster rather than getting a big ass free agent deal. If all there was to playing NFL wideout was simple speed, scouts would spend their days at track meets. Anyone can run fast in a straight line and look great if there is no contact. Robby Anderson is a big stupid tease. 

2 hours ago, Bugg said:

If you fumble on contact in competitive games twice, don't expect the QB is going to be looking for you. When this idiot decided to spend his offseason getting high all over south Florida rather than bulking up in the weight room, that was a decision. Decisions have consequences. There are good reasons he wen undrafted and  will always be at the end of an NFL roster rather than getting a big ass free agent deal. If all there was to playing NFL wideout was simple speed, scouts would spend their days at track meets. Anyone can run fast in a straight line and look great if there is no contact. Robby Anderson is a big stupid tease. 

uhhh

Archived