Early free agent wishlist

bealeb319

I know it is early and some guys will still resign with their teams but I wanted to put together a short list of players I would like to see the jets target who would make the team better of they do hit free agency.

Pass rush- this is a major need for the team and there are quite a few big named guys who could potentially hit free agency especially cause this is supposed to a big pass rush draft. My pipedream though unlikely would be to bring in both clowney and Fowler I think the two of them would really round out our defense.

Offensive line- also a big team need though I think the o line will be harder to adress there are two players I can think of that would be instant upgrades, young enough to still grow with darnold and are currently depth pieces on other teams would be chance warmack and jake Fisher.

Tight end- my favorite option here comes with major risks due to injury. I think eifert has all the skills to be an elite tight end and is in desperate need of a change of scenery but it would have to be with the right contract.

Wr- not many names I love coming out there I think we have to stay in house and retain enunwa another name to keep a close eye on though will likely stay with their team is amari cooper. If the raiders keep him next year they will have to pay him somewhere around 12m so there is a very slim chance he could be free but I won't hold my breath on it. Kevin white hasn't done much in Chicago but he has a unique skill set if we paired him with enunwa and maybe a guy like tavon Austin we might have an interesting core for darnold to play with.

Rb- the obvious choice here is bell but I think he is going to be too expensive I would look at cj Anderson who is essentially a poor man's bell.

Cb- try to retain Claiborne he has been pretty decent with us take a chance on him offer a 2 or 3 year contract, say goodbye to skrine replace him with dennard.

Side note- if we could bring koney ealy back for the vet minimum this year or next year I wouldn't mind seeing him back as a depth piece.

Again this is just my early look at potential free agents I wouldn't mind seeing us at least look at would love to see what players are on everyone else's wishlist.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Fraud agency is a con... you look to buy diamonds, you get cubic zirconia.  Don't overpay the Trumaine Johnsons of the league.

I have had the same avatar for at least two years.  Scout well. Draft well. 

Try to buy the inexpensive jewelry in fraud agency.  The stuff that looks nice and matches what your wife wears... (ie: players that are low key, under the radar, but versatile and fit the system).

4 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Fraud agency is a con... you look to buy diamonds, you get cubic zirconia.

I have had the same avatar for at least two years.  Scout well. Draft well.  Don't overpay the Trumaine Johnsons of the league.  Try to buy the inexpensive jewelry that looks nice and matches what your wife wears... (ie: players that are low key, under the radar, but versatile and fit the system).

The end.

So the opposite of what Mac does? Got it. I mean the opposite of what that fool does must be the correct thing to do considering what this team has done right?

But....we should bring him back next year because he “deserves” it. 

Fraud agency is a con... you look to buy diamonds, you get cubic zirconia.  Don't overpay the Trumaine Johnsons of the league.
I have had the same avatar for at least two years.  Scout well. Draft well. 
Try to buy the inexpensive jewelry in fraud agency.  The stuff that looks nice and matches what your wife wears... (ie: players that are low key, under the radar, but versatile and fit the system).
The end.
Aren't we forced to spend a major percentage of our cap space anyway?

Ryan Kalil

Mike Iupati

Resign Enunwa

Cole Beasley 

Ricky Seals Jones

Jadeveon Clowney

Brian Orakpo 

Bennie Logan or resign McClendon

sheldon Richardson 

Texans will tag Clowney. Jets should consider offering them a first round pick plus Robby

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

But ....but...but we have been told by the apologists that our 90 mill in fa money will solves all our problems next year.

The apologists will then say free agency is a waste of time and money and it never pays off after Macagnan again strikes out trying to sign players

9 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

RB Tevin Coleman.  I really, really want him.  

I’m with you on that . Proven , fast every down back .  Young with not a lot mileage.  

I would also also like to get 2 new outside receivers could live with 1 . Leave Quincy dominating the slot.. 

11 hours ago, Untouchable said:

OG Ali Marpet

OLB Anthony Barr

OLB Dante Fowler

*maybe* RB Le’Veon Bell

That's a decent group with another draft.

I would go after Marpet 1st & the reason is obvious, he's a 100%er. You'll get his best every game. Fowler? Barr? Clowney? What do you get after giving them a big contract?

Tevin Coleman is a great choice. Best case you end up with Khali & Marpet & we luck into Bosa. 

Now you've only signed 3 free agents. You got your pass rusher in Bosa, with those 2 third rounders you go best Center available & best OG. 

You resign Enunwa. Now you sit back & let free agency takes its course & you bargain shop veterans under 30 to fill out the roster. Improved pass rush let's you let Clairborne & Skrine go. It's time to find out if Bones or Robinson can fill that #2 CB role and slide Nickerson into the slot role. Win..win..win.

We have SOOO many hole and SOO many jags on this team. FA isn’t going to fix this the some of the worst drafting in NFL history for the last 10 years. All we need is picks and a new GM that can draft decently.

If we can’t find enough quality in FA, use cap space to take on bad contracts of players that are young and may still have a chance at being something but it reality are just a salary cap dump. I’ve always wanted to do this and then Cleveland finally did it with Osweiller and it was genius. There is absolutely no reason why we can do this. 

12 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

CJ Anderson is a poor man's CJ Anderson

Tyler Eifert just broke his arm during ankle surgery

Kevin White and Tavon Austin would be awesome. On West Virginia. Five years ago.

Keep this up and we won't need Tom Shane anymore!

We aren't getting any good free agents until we get a new head coach and GM. Anybody wanna come and play for "hot seat Bowles"? The best money spent by the Jets would be to get the best head coach and GM money can buy. Like the Raiders did with Gruden. Mac and Bowles r a couple of clowns. I would pay huge money to Harbaugh to pry him from Michigan. When Parcells came to the Jets we just knew good things were gonna happen. Jets need that type of GM/HC to run this circus and until we get that guy I see more of the same buffoonery.

We aren't getting any good free agents until we get a new head coach and GM. Anybody wanna come and play for "hot seat Bowles"? The best money spent by the Jets would be to get the best head coach and GM money can buy. Like the Raiders did with Gruden. Mac and Bowles r a couple of clowns. I would pay huge money to Harbaugh to pry him from Michigan. When Parcells came to the Jets we just knew good things were gonna happen. Jets need that type of GM/HC to run this circus and until we get that guy I see more of the same buffoonery.
Bowles and Mac have the same record as gruden this year and didn't trade away their best player

Archived