Sign in to follow this  
Lot K Tailgaters

Tailgate Menus Jets vs Broncos

Rate this topic

First time ever going to a game by little lonesome self. Mrs. Crimson's Mom is staying for a few day and this is an excellent excuse get the (insert recently banned expletive) out of here. 

So she is giving me a bottle of Bordeaux, a bit of scotch and a thermos of expresso, eggs/bacon/sausage with wraps and an undisclosed treat or two that she is preparing tonight. I am bringing a reader and a chair, Gonna be weird or nice and relaxing, we'll see.

Good news is that she never lets me stop at White Castle on the way home up 17. Now I can. Hope she doesn't smell it on my breath when I get home :)

19 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

What’s everyone making for their tailgates tomorrow?   Supposed to be great weather.  For me it’s bison burgers with garlic mayo (bison is popular in Denver) and chipotle lime pork chops.  

Rocky Mountain Oysters are also popular in the area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_oysters

I have tried them out there and have to admit they aren't too bad 

12 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Good news is that she never lets me stop at White Castle on the way home up 17. Now I can. Hope she doesn't smell it on my breath when I get home :)

Enjoy, but smelling "sliders" on your breath should be the least of your concerns :)

I'm not going to the game. But I'll have my standard grilled cheese sand. With chips. Prob a can of lemon lime seltzer on the side. I know what you're going to say...😉. Go Jets!

12 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

First time ever going to a game by little lonesome self. Mrs. Crimson's Mom is staying for a few day and this is an excellent excuse get the (insert recently banned expletive) out of here. 

So she is giving me a bottle of Bordeaux, a bit of scotch and a thermos of expresso, eggs/bacon/sausage with wraps and an undisclosed treat or two that she is preparing tonight. I am bringing a reader and a chair, Gonna be weird or nice and relaxing, we'll see.

I wouldn’t be worried about White Castle making your breath smelly, if you know what I’m saying... it’s the other end.

I'm on the other side of the country, in Southern California...but I'll be following the game and grilling steaks, vegetable kabobs, corn on the cob, wild rice with mushrooms.  

Here's to victory, or acid indigestion.  Fight On! ✌️

I'm currently in Miami about to get on a cruise ship. I'm going to smash the all you can eat buffet. Sat with my Jets cap on surrounded by Dolphin fans.

Go Jets!

23 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

Rocky Mountain Oysters are also popular in the area

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocky_Mountain_oysters

I have tried them out there and have to admit they aren't too bad 

I saw those and Denver omlettes.  I had actually seen a place in Boonton that sells elk and bunch of other exotic meats.  Was too much of a hike to pick up the elk for today’s game.