JetNation Site Rules

Continuing the conversation from the reminder of the rules thread, I would like to just post the rules here again for everyone to review. I think they are pretty simple but unfortunately we had to ban a long time poster for not following the picture rule. To the 99.99% of everyone here who causes no problems, thank you.

The rules here are simple:

1. No cursing. People read this stuff at work. Curse words gets people in trouble.

2. Pictures of a sexual nature or containing nudity are not allowed. No exceptions.

3. Please post your sports topics in the appropriate sports forum.

4. If your thread is off-topic then it goes in the Lounge. No exceptions. The NFL Talk\Jets forum is for football talk only.

5. Political Discussions are forbidden. Same goes for talk about religion. Why? Because these conversations don’t stay civil for long. JetNation was created as a place that our members could come to and have some fun.

6. No personal attacks. There is a line. When it gets personal, it will be deleted.

https://www.jetnation.com/jetnation-site-rules/

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would it be to somehow possible to provide a list of what is considered "swearing"? There are the obvious one's but others some would consider a swear and others might. Thanks.

Think of a professional business setting. If you wouldn't say it there, don't say it here. If you have to question whether its is right or wrong, don't say it.

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Would it be to somehow possible to provide a list of what is considered "swearing"? There are the obvious one's but others some would consider a swear and others might. Thanks.

Well first you’ll need to change your name 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Definitely wasn't trying to pick a fight, not sure why it came off that way. There's gray area I just wanted to understand. Whatever.

I will explain it to you like you are a 5 year old. If you think a word fits within what you would think might be a "gray area", don't use it. If you have a limited vocabulary where you have trouble replacing that gray area word, maybe you should start to think that message boards are not for you.

New day dawning here at JN. 

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

I will explain it to you like you are a 5 year old. If you think a word fits within what you would think might be a "gray area", don't use it. If you have a limited vocabulary where you have trouble replacing that gray area word, maybe you should start to think that message boards are not for you.

New day dawning here at JN. 

I don’t know whether this goofball is an actual mod or just a volunteer hall monitor and I can’t decide which is worse.

Still don't understand how someone cannot type a few sentences, review what they wrote and then hit submit without cursing.  

No religion talk is good too because prayers for the Jets have gone unanswered in my lifetime!!

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Still don't understand how someone cannot type a few sentences, review what they wrote and then hit submit without cursing.  

No religion talk is good too because prayers for the Jets have gone unanswered in my lifetime!!

I bet the caps and boldface and random inexplicable random punctuation you guys love to vomit around annoys at least as many people as the swearing does.

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

Apparently, rules don't apply to you. Nor common decorum. I f you like a cesspool, have at it.

Goofball isn’t considered a personal attack by anybody who doesn’t get his weird kicks by prissily lecturing other people about the rules that aren’t his job to make or enforce.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Goofball isn’t considered a personal attack by anybody who doesn’t get his weird kicks by prissily lecturing other people about the rules that aren’t his job to make or enforce.

What a shame that a few bad apples have to spoil a good time for everyone. 

5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Perhaps you ought to go tell mommy.

I will end it here, because you are the one that has taken it to a childish level.

But I guess you never considered it strange that you are admonishing me for exactly what you excuse me of, and that is telling others what to say and how to say it. 

17 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I bet the caps and boldface and random inexplicable random punctuation you guys love to vomit around annoys at least as many people as the swearing does.

Those things do not alter ad revenue.  If you want to stop them you will have to call a boycott.  Maybe you can start a gofundme page? 

18 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I kinda feel like the random punctuation remark was a personal attack. 

Archived