JetNation Site Rules

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Still don't understand how someone cannot type a few sentences, review what they wrote and then hit submit without cursing.  

because we support the New York football Jets? 

there are studies that say cursing helps pain relief 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/smarter-living/the-case-for-cursing.html

just to be clear where are we with ***** type stuff 

i plan on respecting the new rules but asking for clarity is not "PICKING A FIGHT"

would also like to point out some people work is in a construction site, bar-room or nowhere at all.  so 'where you work' is not really useful. Gray area is more helpful. It's like defining a catch it's hard work but the onus is on the rule makers to do it. 

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

Get the f out of here.

Not actually saying it, just checking to see if ok.

What about gd? It’s legitimately borderline. It’s a great word. The adorable kid with the speech impediment says gd Jets in that Sandler movie. Like I can even handle substituting effing but on this one I really would like a ruling.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Get the f out of here.

Not actually saying it, just checking to see if ok.

Good point. How about using $ instead of S in certain words ? Or Ah*** instead of the full word. That's a gray area that has not been made clear IMO.

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

because we support the New York football Jets? 

there are studies that say cursing helps pain relief 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/smarter-living/the-case-for-cursing.html

just to be clear where are we with ***** type stuff 

i plan on respecting the new rules but asking for clarity is not "PICKING A FIGHT"

would also like to point out some people work is in a construction site, bar-room or nowhere at all.  so 'where you work' is not really useful. Gray area is more helpful. It's like defining a catch it's hard work but the onus is on the rule makers to do it. 

Asking for clarity is definitely not picking a fight. And if anyone is sincerely asking for clarity we are happy to answer it.

There are a lot of people on this site on second and third accounts because they were banned before.  We are all for multiple chances but when you see us get short with someone and it seems quick, that's probably why.

I personally answer every email that comes in through the site and it is a lot. So we definitely take the customer service aspect seriously. 

I have said this several times before. No ads on the site (like we have right now) means that no money is coming in for hosting and software costs. I am not looking for anyone to donate, we have turned that down several times. I am just trying to fix the problem that got us banned for ad networks.

(This is not at you Bit). I am just clarifying which we are asking what we are asking.

14 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

What about gd? It’s legitimately borderline. It’s a great word. The adorable kid with the speech impediment says gd Jets in that Sandler movie. Like I can even handle substituting effing but on this one I really would like a ruling.

Gonna be honest here, please don't do this. We can go on and on all day. We are relaxed here. You were banned before, you came back under this account and we had no problem with it. 

Just post about the Jets. I am not going to sit here and "rule" on every variation. No cursing.

I'm going to lean into this full force and start using nonsense words. Like this team can yatzee my bologna. It might actually be filthier by the time we are done. 

just to throw something out there (trying to be helpful) the rule could be no abbreviations (i.e. listen up you GD Sons of Bs) no asterisks and it's CBS weekday prime time before 10pm rules

these are the strictest in the free world but still allow the full B word and words like douche and ho. 

https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/25/16903

to allow no cursing in any form is comparable to China NK censorship. Or apparently, corporate life, whatever that means.  that is a choice but it won't go over well. Like the Mayor from Footloose who banned dancing. 

but, what do I know. I'm just some moth flicker 

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I'm going to lean into this full force and start using nonsense words. Like this team can yatzee my bologna. It might actually be filthier by the time we are done. 

just to throw something out there (trying to be helpful) the rule could be no abbreviations (i.e. listen up you GD Sons of Bs) no asterisks and it's CBS weekday prime time before 10pm rules

these are the strictest in the free world but still allow the full B word and words like douche and ho. 

https://blogs.illinois.edu/view/25/16903

to allow no cursing in any form is comparable to China NK censorship. Or apparently, corporate life, whatever that means.  that is a choice but it won't go over well. Like the Mayor from Footloose who banned dancing. 

but, what do I know. I'm just some moth flicker 

The non-curse words curse words aren't a problem. I know that makes no sense.  The point is this, anyone who really wants to be here will find a way to abide by not cursing. We are looking to avoid things that got us banned from an ad network. I am working on the nudity thing first, so I don't have an official policy on the cursing, for now its just no cursing. We can revisit it later.

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket. So we are just really asking for cooperation while we work things out. It doesn't seem like a very big ask.

I know I am usually more tolerant of the joking. But there have been so many posts breaking our balls and calling out the moderators here I am honestly disappointed. Granted it is a few people blasting the mods but these guys do a thankless job. And the reason we are where we are is because they don't over-moderate. So people saying they are bad at their jobs is just not true. You don't get a million plus page views a month with bad moderators.

Just now, bitonti said:

yes player names are fine. For example, "Hey Folorunso Fatukasi, leave some pizza for the rest of us!" or "I want to Robby Anderson that guy's wife." 

Both totally acceptable lol.

57 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The reason this thread is titled, "JetNation Site Rules," and not, "New JetNation Site Rules," is because these aren't new rules. These are the rules that have always been in place. What everyone here has been enjoying here for a while now is the Golden Age of JN Moderating, where the moderators haven't had to do anything at all to get that cool "Moderators"-thingy under our user names and to bask in that total coolness and all the extra respect we receive while contributing nothing here at all. Unfortunately, the getting blacklisted from ad networks problem has put the Golden Age of JN Moderating at serious risk. We can't have that or, at least, we'd really prefer not to. So now, instead of just ignoring all the rule breaking that's been going around here for quite some time now, we'd all really appreciate it if you could just start actually following the rules that were already in place so that we can continue to do nothing while while enjoying all the clear and obvious benefits of being a JN mod. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket.

ugh that stinks. I've been there with DD the fact you have any ad revenue at all in 2018 is a miracle 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Still don't understand how someone cannot type a few sentences, review what they wrote and then hit submit without cursing.  

No religion talk is good too because prayers for the Jets have gone unanswered in my lifetime!!

I don't think anyone said they could not post without cursing.

There are words that are said on cable television that I wouldn't allow my children to say but I also wouldn't consider "cursing" for an adult. It's easier to follow rules when they're well defined. That's not me trying to pick a fight or whatever. I'm not even going to comment on this anymore as it's somehow ruffled feathers.

I want the site to be successful and generate plenty of operating revenue.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket. So we are just really asking for cooperation while we work things out. It doesn't seem like a very big ask.

Did you subtract the $55 I sent in for my VIP membership?  Sperm said to make it out to 'cash' and gave me the PO Box.  I hope I got it all right.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Did you subtract the $55 I sent in for my VIP membership?  Sperm said to make it out to 'cash' and gave me the PO Box.  I hope I got it all right.

No, the ad network shredded the check because it had the word sperm on it.  :)

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Gonna be honest here, please don't do this. We can go on and on all day. We are relaxed here. You were banned before, you came back under this account and we had no problem with it. 

Just post about the Jets. I am not going to sit here and "rule" on every variation. No cursing.

Hey Phil,

Yahtzee my baloney.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The non-curse words curse words aren't a problem. I know that makes no sense.  The point is this, anyone who really wants to be here will find a way to abide by not cursing. We are looking to avoid things that got us banned from an ad network. I am working on the nudity thing first, so I don't have an official policy on the cursing, for now its just no cursing. We can revisit it later.

I know I am usually more tolerant of the joking. But there have been so many posts breaking our balls and calling out the moderators here I am honestly disappointed. Granted it is a few people blasting the mods but these guys do a thankless job. And the reason we are where we are is because they don't over-moderate. So people saying they are bad at their jobs is just not true. You don't get a million plus page views a month with bad moderators.

There is no way you're paying out of pocket for squat. What ever we need to do to get the site reinstated will be done. We can not afford to have no site, no JN.

Archived