Maxman

JetNation Site Rules

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket.

ugh that stinks. I've been there with DD the fact you have any ad revenue at all in 2018 is a miracle 

2 hours ago, prime21 said:

Still don't understand how someone cannot type a few sentences, review what they wrote and then hit submit without cursing.  

No religion talk is good too because prayers for the Jets have gone unanswered in my lifetime!!

I don't think anyone said they could not post without cursing.

There are words that are said on cable television that I wouldn't allow my children to say but I also wouldn't consider "cursing" for an adult. It's easier to follow rules when they're well defined. That's not me trying to pick a fight or whatever. I'm not even going to comment on this anymore as it's somehow ruffled feathers.

I want the site to be successful and generate plenty of operating revenue.

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket. So we are just really asking for cooperation while we work things out. It doesn't seem like a very big ask.

Did you subtract the $55 I sent in for my VIP membership?  Sperm said to make it out to 'cash' and gave me the PO Box.  I hope I got it all right.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Gonna be honest here, please don't do this. We can go on and on all day. We are relaxed here. You were banned before, you came back under this account and we had no problem with it. 

Just post about the Jets. I am not going to sit here and "rule" on every variation. No cursing.

Hey Phil,

Yahtzee my baloney.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

The non-curse words curse words aren't a problem. I know that makes no sense.  The point is this, anyone who really wants to be here will find a way to abide by not cursing. We are looking to avoid things that got us banned from an ad network. I am working on the nudity thing first, so I don't have an official policy on the cursing, for now its just no cursing. We can revisit it later.

I know I am cranky about this right now but it is tiring. I need to get the site reinstated otherwise honestly there is no site. I had no problem turning down $100,000 plus from Scout. But I am not really comfortable paying $7,200 a year out of pocket. So we are just really asking for cooperation while we work things out. It doesn't seem like a very big ask.

I know I am usually more tolerant of the joking. But there have been so many posts breaking our balls and calling out the moderators here I am honestly disappointed. Granted it is a few people blasting the mods but these guys do a thankless job. And the reason we are where we are is because they don't over-moderate. So people saying they are bad at their jobs is just not true. You don't get a million plus page views a month with bad moderators.

There is no way you're paying out of pocket for squat. What ever we need to do to get the site reinstated will be done. We can not afford to have no site, no JN.

7 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

There is no way you're paying out of pocket for squat. What ever we need to do to get the site reinstated will be done. We can not afford to have no site, no JN.

Thanks - it will get worked out. Not trying to cry about it. Just wanted to let everyone know the severity, why we had to delete that huge thread in the lounge, etc.

We aren't in the habit of deleting threads that have 150,000 posts in them lol.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thanks - it will get worked out. Not trying to cry about it. Just wanted to let everyone know the severity, why we had to delete that huge thread in the lounge, etc.

I don't think anyone here is thinking that. It's reality. You're simply stating that if this fails to happen then the consequence are as follows. Cut and dry. I used to do the same thing with my kids.

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Shame that they never reached their 200,000 post goal. So close . ;-)

7 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Just political campaign monies?

I am not following you here. If there are any actual questions, please let me know. Thanks.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am not following you here. If there are any actual questions, please let me know. Thanks.

Read my prior post....Google gives suggestions, political adds, thought you sold political space.

2 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Read my prior post....Google gives suggestions, political adds, thought you sold political space.

Gotcha. We did form a Super Pac but those ads aren't up yet lol.  No, we didn't directly sell political ads. Google does read your cookies and serves ads based on browsing habits. I get Subway all the time. Others get political ads.  :)

I’m confused. It’s not permitted to type a simple curse word but X rated avatars are ok? Even when we put the poster on ignore not to see it but it still shows up if they’re the last poster in the thread? 

On 11/1/2018 at 10:01 PM, Xtina said:

I’m confused. It’s not permitted to type a simple curse word but X rated avatars are ok? Even when we put the poster on ignore not to see it but it still shows up if they’re the last poster in the thread? 

If someone has a x rated Avatar just pm a mod. Nothing X rated is allowed.