Ereck Flowers

TNJet

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The thing about Flowers is that he never quite fully bloomed. It's not reasonable to expect that he could just come to the Jets and blossom. I mean, we're talking about a guy that never rose to the occasion and now we're just going to petal him off to the fans?

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing about Flowers is that he never quite fully bloomed. It's not reasonable to expect that he could just come to the Jets and blossom. I mean, we're talking about a guy that never rose to the occasion and now we're just going to petal him off to the fans?

I don't think he passes the sniff test.

12 hours ago, TNJet said:

Giants just released the former first round OT. Bring him in for a tryout? Lord knows we need Tackle depth. He's only 24.

he is not depth, though.  he cannot play.  I would love for them to pick up someone with a little talent

I would pick him up and try to revive his career if I was the Jets.  The Giants OL always gets blamed and flowers has struggled but it's hard with an immobile QB that doesn't make quick decisions.  It would be a no risk pickup with some upside.  

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I would pick him up and try to revive his career if I was the Jets.  The Giants OL always gets blamed and flowers has struggled but it's hard with an immobile QB that doesn't make quick decisions.  It would be a no risk pickup with some upside.  

He would risk the health of our QB and be a locker room cancer. It’s absolutley not worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He would risk the health of our QB and be a locker room cancer. It’s absolutley not worth the risk.

how would he risk the health of our QB? he'd have to earn playing time, he wouldn't be thrown on the field.  The history of this league is littered w/ guys who struggled in one place and became good players elsewhere,  The chances of success are low but it's a now risk move. if he comes in and struggles or is a problem in the LR they let him go, if not they could have something.  Our Ol is decent but needs to get a lot better, a GM should be doing everything they can to try to make it better knowing all moves will not work out but the more moves you make the more chances you have to succeed.

Right now, our back-up OL on the active roster are Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Jonothan Harrison.  if he is potentially better than one of these 3 guys (and I am not saying he is), there would be no harm in bringing him in for vet minimum if he clears waivers.  If we signed him, it would not be to start.

7 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

how would he risk the health of our QB? he'd have to earn playing time, he wouldn't be thrown on the field.  The history of this league is littered w/ guys who struggled in one place and became good players elsewhere,  The chances of success are low but it's a now risk move. if he comes in and struggles or is a problem in the LR they let him go, if not they could have something.  Our Ol is decent but needs to get a lot better, a GM should be doing everything they can to try to make it better knowing all moves will not work out but the more moves you make the more chances you have to succeed.

I totally agree with “throwing darts” and taking chances. In fact I’d love to see more of it on O-line specifically.

The reality is that we don’t have roster space right now and would have to “throw darts” on the practice squad only. I’m normally fine with trying anyone but I’ve heard way too many bad things about his play,lack of development(Gholston level) and his poor entitled attitude that I want nothing to do with.

It’s as simple as that for me. I’m all for leaving no stone unturned but I’m not for picking up sh*t. 

I had a huge fight about him with a Giants fan.  I told him I thought he was a reach at 9.  Got a long dissertation about how they needed a lineman, he'd be an immediate upgrade and "they know better than you."  Shortly into his first camp, when he looked like complete sh*t, I started being told "well, you can't judge yet, we will see in the next few years if he was a reach." 

No matter how many times I tried to explain the difference between a reach and a bust it never sank in.  I mean, I thought he would be an okay pick and the end of the first, but he seemed a huge stretch anywhere before 20.  Like Maybin and Ted Ginn Jr.  They were reaches.

15 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’ve “lurked” on giants message boards and it’s scary how big of a bust and how terrible he is. Plus all the drama and pouting when they switched him from LT to RT. He skipped OTA’s over this and moving him from LT was justified because he’s freaking TERRIBLE.

If they are going to eat his contract and can’t make room for him on that team with the HORRIBLE O-line, I want nothing to do with him. 

He's the black Tony Mandarich. Just say no and clean your brain with a power washer and a 55 gallon drum of brain bleach so the next time his name comes up  you say "Who?"

7 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had a huge fight about him with a Giants fan.  I told him I thought he was a reach at 9.  Got a long dissertation about how they needed a lineman, he'd be an immediate upgrade and "they know better than you."  Shortly into his first camp, when he looked like complete sh*t, I started being told "well, you can't judge yet, we will see in the next few years if he was a reach." 

No matter how many times I tried to explain the difference between a reach and a bust it never sank in.  I mean, I thought he would be an okay pick and the end of the first, but he seemed a huge stretch anywhere before 20.  Like Maybin and Ted Ginn Jr.  They were reaches.

I'll NEVER forget the Dolfags fan reaction when they tried to justify the Ginn pick. I thought they were going to kill every front office person in the room. lol

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I'll NEVER forget the Dolfags fan reaction when they tried to justify the Ginn pick. I thought they were going to kill every front office person in the room. lol

Yes, but I am pretty sure that they wanted Brady Quinn, so who was right?  Could have had Revis,  Patrick Willis or Marshawn Lynch.  Ouch. 

7 hours ago, Lith said:

Right now, our back-up OL on the active roster are Dakota Dozier, Brent Qvale and Jonothan Harrison.  if he is potentially better than one of these 3 guys (and I am not saying he is), there would be no harm in bringing him in for vet minimum if he clears waivers.  If we signed him, it would not be to start.

Yes but one injury and now he is your starter...

no thanks he’s absolute garbage

Archived