Ereck Flowers

TNJet

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Only if we cut the OT reject we got from the patsies.

We did.  In August. 

9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I would pick him up and try to revive his career if I was the Jets.  The Giants OL always gets blamed and flowers has struggled but it's hard with an immobile QB that doesn't make quick decisions.  It would be a no risk pickup with some upside.  

There may be some truth to this.  Bobby Hart has apparently been doing quite well with the Bengals. 

17 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Erick Flowers is not a 3 page thread player.

Seriously?  If we can get 73 pages out of Wes Welker, Ereck Flowers ought to be good for at least 9. 

I will just leave this here: 

McAdoo endured Flowers as the left tackle and does not envision a career awakening on the right side.  “He can’t bend, you got to be able to bend,” McAdoo said. “You can run around him on that side just like you can on the other side, Eli just gets to see it, which may help Eli. It’s not the blind side, it’s in his vision, so if he’s comfortable with what’s going on over on the left side, it can help him move in the pocket a little bit better.”  If he was still part

22 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Sometimes people need a second chance and a chage of scenery. If we could bring the kid in on a low risk deal I am all for it. Potential to get an olineman to grow with darnold is enough reward vs risk for me

Sent from my [device_name] using http://JetNation.com mobile app

Right. The Giants seem to be a bit of a toxic environment right now. Its odd to see, but maybe coming down to Florham Park would be a good move for the guy. 

We should kick the tires on all potential OL capital out there. 

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I had a huge fight about him with a Giants fan.  I told him I thought he was a reach at 9.  Got a long dissertation about how they needed a lineman, he'd be an immediate upgrade and "they know better than you."  Shortly into his first camp, when he looked like complete sh*t, I started being told "well, you can't judge yet, we will see in the next few years if he was a reach." 

No matter how many times I tried to explain the difference between a reach and a bust it never sank in.  I mean, I thought he would be an okay pick and the end of the first, but he seemed a huge stretch anywhere before 20.  Like Maybin and Ted Ginn Jr.  They were reaches.

Well now not only was he a reach at the time, he’s a complete bust. 

22 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing about Flowers is that he never quite fully bloomed. It's not reasonable to expect that he could just come to the Jets and blossom. I mean, we're talking about a guy that never rose to the occasion and now we're just going to petal him off to the fans?

I heard he's put down roots in the NY area, so a move to the Jets could help him flourish?

On 10/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, #27TheDominator said:

I had a huge fight about him with a Giants fan.  I told him I thought he was a reach at 9.  Got a long dissertation about how they needed a lineman, he'd be an immediate upgrade and "they know better than you."  Shortly into his first camp, when he looked like complete sh*t, I started being told "well, you can't judge yet, we will see in the next few years if he was a reach." 

No matter how many times I tried to explain the difference between a reach and a bust it never sank in.  I mean, I thought he would be an okay pick and the end of the first, but he seemed a huge stretch anywhere before 20.  Like Maybin and Ted Ginn Jr.  They were reaches.

He definitely needs to take a step back and go some were with lower expectations.

On 10/8/2018 at 6:54 PM, bealeb319 said:

Sometimes people need a second chance and a chage of scenery. If we could bring the kid in on a low risk deal I am all for it. Potential to get an olineman to grow with darnold is enough reward vs risk for me

But Crowell is a total jag

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Jags must know or see something. They just signed Flowers after he cleared waivers. Tom Coughlin must miss the former 1st rounder.

No, they're just down 5 offensive lineman.  haha.  It's been a mess.  They're on their 3rd LT, Norwell and Parnell are banged up.  It's a mess down in Jax right now.  They just signed Jamall Charles off the streets too.  They hit the injury bug this year where as last year they were scary healthy.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

No, they're just down 5 offensive lineman.  haha.  It's been a mess.  They're on their 3rd LT, Norwell and Parnell are banged up.  It's a mess down in Jax right now.  They just signed Jamall Charles off the streets too.  They hit the injury bug this year where as last year they were scary healthy.

That makes SO much of a difference. You can only store so much quality depth.

2 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Crowell has been a jag. One good game doesnt change that and I hope he proves me wrong. I don't see how an o lineman who could be a good depth piece with potential to be a starter has anything to do with Crowell not being elite?

He's not a jag, no matter how many times you say it over and over again. You're over doing it.  For example one good game?   Over 100 vs Detroit, over 210 vs the big bad Bronco defense?  400 yards in 4 games?  More per than Barkley

Flowers needs to improve drastically to get to hang level and had not had a single good game his entire career. 

He's not a jag, no matter how many times you say it over and over again. You're over doing it.  For example one good game?   Over 100 vs Detroit, over 210 vs the big bad Bronco defense?  400 yards in 4 games?  More per than Barkley
Flowers needs to improve drastically to get to hang level and had not had a single good game his entire career. 
4 carries for 0 yards against jax 16 for 34 's browns and 12 for 35 against Miami. Which Crowell will we see this weekend?

5 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

4 carries for 0 yards against jax 16 for 34 's browns and 12 for 35 against Miami. Which Crowell will we see this weekend?

You said he had one game.  

I gave you two very good games.  

You then bring up a third?

Can you stay on topic?  He's averaging 100 per game is the NFLs 4th leading rusher and you're whining that he sucks.  Unreal.  Just admit hes playing well and move on 

57 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You said he had one game.  

I gave you two very good games.  

You then bring up a third?

Can you stay on topic?  He's averaging 100 per game is the NFLs 4th leading rusher and you're whining that he sucks.  Unreal.  Just admit hes playing well and move on 

Your both right. He is playing well. But he is also JAG. 

5 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Your both right. He is playing well. But he is also JAG. 

He is the opitimy of Jets. Jekyland Hyde. Bad and great. I’m happy with him but I’d like to see more consistency. When you see that not just he but the team plays this same EXACT way, you realize it’s not on him and he’s not just s JAG.

It can be any number of things right now from new blocking scheme, poor coaching etc. it’s still too soon to tell but a true JAG doesn’t have his moves and doesn’t run for 200+ yards ever. 

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

He is the opitimy of Jets. Jekyland Hyde. Bad and great. I’m happy with him but I’d like to see more consistency. When you see that not just he but the team plays this same EXACT way, you realize it’s not on him and he’s not just s JAG.

It can be any number of things right now from new blocking scheme, poor coaching etc. it’s still too soon to tell but a true JAG doesn’t have his moves and doesn’t run for 200+ yards ever. 

Exactly, the point isn't that he's great or a top back.  But a guy who's run for 200+ and is 4th in the NFL, averaging just under 7 per isn't a jag.  

Not that complicated or debatable

I could be wrong and said it before but Bates hasn't game planned in years and now he's doing it by introducing a different offense with a rookie QB and OL style.

It's possible that they aren't grasping it yet. At least I hope that's the reason...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived