2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

nyjunc

• 3 weeks later...

It's looking like a 2010 type season, just too many injuries.  Just as Anthony Harris battled back and was playing well he tore his knee.  They looked as bad as I have ever seen a Carolina team play in the first half last night, I still think they will get better and obviously getting Cole Anthony back will help but will it be enough to make the tourney?  

I guess it's rock bottom, a 10 pt lead with a couple of minutes left and they blow it.  The first loss ever to Clemson in Chapel Hill.  Jeremiah Francis didn't play but they had it and blew it.  It's sad to see, the team is loaded with great kids.  I hope they keep battling and can get somewhat healthy and for those that hate the Heels get your digs in now, they'll be a title favorite next year with what they have returning and what they are bringing in.

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I guess it's rock bottom, a 10 pt lead with a couple of minutes left and they blow it.  The first loss ever to Clemson in Chapel Hill.  Jeremiah Francis didn't play but they had it and blew it.  It's sad to see, the team is loaded with great kids.  I hope they keep battling and can get somewhat healthy and for those that hate the Heels get your digs in now, they'll be a title favorite next year with what they have returning and what they are bringing in.

Um, yeah, maybe to the same extent that every blue blood is high on the Vegas betting list of "title favorites" every offseason

• Upvote 1

CB McGrath out at UNCW:  https://uncwsports.com/news/2020/1/13/seahawks-making-change-in-mens-basketball.aspx

Somewhat surprised we made the move now but its absolutely deserved.  We were one of the worst defensive teams in the country last year and are one of the worst offensive (and overall) teams in the country this year.  Meanwhile CB was # 72 in salary nationally, and # 1 in the CAA.  

Yet another failure from the Roy Williams coaching tree.    

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, nyjunc said:

An embarrassing move from a small time University

Knew you'd come through with a response like that!  

26-58 record.  CB was the embarrassment.  But not quite as embarrassing as Roy calling the 2019-20 Tarheels his "least talented team ever".  What a d*ck.  

It's a Mickey mouse program, the talent they had left by the time he got there. It takes time to build a program but I guess when you have one NCAA tournament win in your history you have high standards where you cannot allow a coach time to develop.

There was zero improvement from day 1 to halfway thru year 3.   In fact they got worse.  McGrath didn't get better, the team didn't get better, nothing got better. Meanwhile players transferred out/left the program every year. Most notably PG Kai Toews, one of the nation’s leaders in assists last year who looked nothing like he did the previous season.  

And the team looked markedly better tonight with the Interim HC running the show.  

Last I checked C.B. is still getting paid nearly every cent of his expensive contract and no one who understands mid-major hoops gives a sh*t that he was let go midseason.  It's a far better situation than being a "lame duck" HC while the school looks for a replacement behind your back.  

So in summary, you can kindly GFY.  Because as usual, you have no idea what you're talking about.  

So close to finally ending the losing streak.  Without yet another key player, Brandon Robinson, they battled and lost in 2 OTs.  If they could have hit since FTs down the stretch they would have won.  Cole may be back this weekend.  Hopefully they can start winning again.

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

R! U! RAH! RAH!

We're not hiding now, but I am a little late with the loss to Iowa last night. 

Welcome to the thread, Dominator.  Great year for the Scarlet Knights so far.  Too bad Junk will characterize you as a fake phony fan because you don't come here and scream into the void.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 1/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Not hiding now--PSU basketball Yay!!!

I thought Junc was immature with some of the football threads. Yikes.

Don't fall for their BS.  It used to be fun to talk college basketball but these clowns only show up to incite me, I don't care who anyone roots for.  I like when we argue but real immaturity comes from the clowns who just attack rather than discuss.

On 1/23/2020 at 10:47 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Welcome to the thread, Dominator.  Great year for the Scarlet Knights so far.  Too bad Junk will characterize you as a fake phony fan because you don't come here and scream into the void.

Villanova is playing well, look who's back

On 1/24/2020 at 1:06 PM, Scott Dierking said:

Not hiding now--PSU basketball Yay!!!

I thought Junc was immature with some of the football threads. Yikes.

Should see the NCAA threads from ‘14 or ‘15 when it was just me, him and some duke fan with a LOTR avatar (I think agoz or something). Junc’s immaturity and delusion were at all time highs back then!

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

No one cares about Wilmington.  Go back into hiding.

Of course not.  But in addition, no one cares about UNC fans who only step foot on campus just to go to basketball games, either.  

They'll take your money and support, but they don't care about you.  You're not part of the family.  

12 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of course not.  But in addition, no one cares about UNC fans who only step foot on campus just to go to basketball games, either.  

They'll take your money and support, but they don't care about you.  You're not part of the family.  

Everything you said was incorrect but if it was it wouldn't bother me.  

Frustrating loss with the return of Cole Anthony, the game should never have been close.  They needed to hit some FTs in the second half and struggled but to lose because of ridiculous call where they forced a missed 3 pointer then the shooter throws himself into a Carolina player (hurting him too by the way and Brandon Robinson will miss tonight's game) and he gets 3 FTs.  It's been that type of season.

Another close loss Monday at FSU, Brandon Robinson is done for about a month but no one will feel sorry for them when the greatest rivalry in sports resumes tomorrow evening.  Hopefully they can pull the upset and go on a little run to end this season.

The season from hell continues.  All they had to do was shoot a decent percentage from the FT line and they win going away but they couldn't and allowed Duke to get it to OT where the officials took over and determined the game with 2 absolutely ridiculous calls in their favor.  They have no one to blame but themselves for allowing it to get to OT.

Outside of FT shooting they played as well as they could play with the healthy talent they have.  Hopefully they can regroup from another tough loss and start winning, got to be at least .500 to make the NIT.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Cole Anthony doesn't play a lick of defense.  He doesn't even pretend to care.  

Maybe the fake classes really DID impact the recruiting abilities at UNC.  

You bore me, go back to watching irrelevant basketball with your irrelevant program.