2018-19 NCAA Basketball Thread

nyjunc

And back down again, they played poorly but got absolutely screwed by awful officiating at Syracuse.  Even with that they were within 3 going to the line with 14 seconds left and Caleb Love, who is a very good FT shooter, missed both and that was that.  

Time to put the final nail in the duke coffin(assuming they don't win the ACC tourney) on Saturday.

That was fun, it's very rare to have a stress free game against duke.  While they are obviously down this year they haven't been getting blown out, this Carolina team can be very dangerous in the tourney.  Hopefully they have a nice run in the ACC Tourney that leads to a win or two in the NCAAs. It's nice to have Tourney talk back again after last year.

Nice run for the Heels in the ACC Tourney, a little disappointed in the NCAA seed. I was hoping an 8 with michigan or a 7 with others but when you are as inconsistent as they were you get what you get.  If they play their best they can give baylor a run but right now I'm just hoping Roy keeps his steak if never losing in the first round alive.

Oh well, at least they made it I guess.  They played awful and Wisconsin played great.  Not a good recipe for success.  Let's hope most of the guys come back, there's a foundation for a championship team if they keep most of their players.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad day in college basketball as the best HC in the sport over the last 20-25 years has retired.  Congrats to Roy who always did things the right way and built a culture at KU and UNC that cannot be matched.  Unfortunately this generation is ruining college sports(among other things) and it drove out one of the all time greats.

I don't know what the future holds for Carolina basketball but it's been a lot of fun to watch Dean Smith and Roy Williams teams the majority of my life.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 11:43 PM, Peace Frog said:

Bad guy. Bad program. Great day in college basketball. Drain that swamp. See ya. 

?? Great guy, great program that was always clean. A sad day for real college basketball fans.  He's been the best HC in college basketball this century.

With that said, I'm really excited for Hubert to continue the tradition of the greatest program in the history of college basketball.  He's off to a great start in this offseason and we'll see how well he can coach starting this fall.

• Haha 1