The state of NY sports..Where do the Jets rank in terms of future?

VinnyT16

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 10:05 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

I hate to say it, but Porzingis is never going to be the same player again.  This isn't the NFL where guys recover from torn ACL's left and right.  Having a guy that tall suffer an injury like that is really bad for his future.  Especially since he was having issues avoiding lesser injuries already. 

I know the doctors say he'll come back better than ever, but I just don't think that will be the case.  He's a "Unicorn" for a reason:  With transcendent play and a unique skillset comes heavy risk simply because of his body type.  It's a double-edged sword. 

Basketball really does seem to be the only sport left where they can't figure out how to get the guy back to where he was after an ACL tear. There's something about the lateral mobility needed on a basketball court specifically that is still giving them fits. For almost all the other major team and individual sports they seem to have it down. That said it only seems like a matter of time, so it's hard to count anyone out because someone has to be the experimental breakthrough eventually.

I was listening to a podcast with some famous German dude a while back and he was explaining that we are possibly about 7-10 years away from an ACL injury being short-term. They'll basically just fix the tear and the rehab will only be a few weeks.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Basketball really does seem to be the only sport left where they can't figure out how to get the guy back to where he was after an ACL tear. There's something about the lateral mobility needed on a basketball court specifically that is still giving them fits. For almost all the other major team and individual sports they seem to have it down. That said it only seems like a matter of time, so it's hard to count anyone out because someone has to be the experimental breakthrough eventually.

I was listening to a podcast with some famous German dude a while back and he was explaining that we are possibly about 7-10 years away from an ACL injury being short-term. They'll basically just fix the tear and the rehab will only be a few weeks.

If "a while back" was around 7 years ago, KP will be ok!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I definitely wish him the best.  I'm not a Knicks fan (I'm a fairweather Nets fan who prefers the college game to the NBA), but the NBA is better when the Knicks are contenders.  KP is a ton of fun to watch. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Knicks need to trade Porzingis for picks before he loses all value

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

In year 1 of their rebuild the Rangers have been very competitive almost every game this season.

Coach Quinn has them playing hard and they will continue to get better.

The front office is staying on track, moving Zuccarello for a 2019 2nd (which becomes a 1st if Dallas makes it to Western conference final and he plays in 50% of the 1st 2 rounds) and a 2020 3rd (which becomes a 1st if he signs with Dallas).

They look to be trying to move Hayes and McQuaid as well. All 3 are good and popular players that become unrestricted free agents. The Rangers are playing it smart by gathering assets, they could always sign them back this summer.

With a few more pieces and experience this team will start winning the close games they lost this year and will be a contender again. 

I like what they are doing.

15 hours ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

In year 1 of their rebuild the Rangers have been very competitive almost every game this season.

Coach Quinn has them playing hard and they will continue to get better.

The front office is staying on track, moving Zuccarello for a 2019 2nd (which becomes a 1st if Dallas makes it to Western conference final and he plays in 50% of the 1st 2 rounds) and a 2020 3rd (which becomes a 1st if he signs with Dallas).

They look to be trying to move Hayes and McQuaid as well. All 3 are good and popular players that become unrestricted free agents. The Rangers are playing it smart by gathering assets, they could always sign them back this summer.

With a few more pieces and experience this team will start winning the close games they lost this year and will be a contender again. 

I like what they are doing.

I understand why they are doing but I hated seeing them trade Zuccarello. Hayes and McQuaid will be gone by 3:00pm today.

Couple of things I am praying for

1) Dallas vs Tampa Bay Stanley Cup

2) That all these players they are drafting turn out to be really good.

• Upvote 1

On 2/25/2019 at 7:24 AM, shawn306 said:

I understand why they are doing but I hated seeing them trade Zuccarello. Hayes and McQuaid will be gone by 3:00pm today.

Couple of things I am praying for

1) Dallas vs Tampa Bay Stanley Cup

2) That all these players they are drafting turn out to be really good.

Agreed,

The Rangers have made and will make allot 1st round picks. More than any team has ever made in a 3 year span.

I hope stars make it to western final. Would be awesome if Tampa wins and Zucc plays in 50% of the 1st 2 rounds for Dallas and signs with them. He had a goal and an assist in his 1st 20 minutes, then got hurt. Upper body injury will be out 4 weeks.

Just traded Hayes to Jets for Lemieux and 2 picks. A 1st in 2019 and a conditional 4th in 2022.

We are getting good value for these moves and it needs to be done. We could always resign them in the summer.

It sucks but it's the right thing to do for the future of the organization.

Edit: McQuaid to Columbus for defenseman Julius Bergman and 2 picks in 2019, a 4th and a 7th.

The Rangers now have 10 picks in 2019 draft and the made 10 selections in 2018 as well.

The Rangers did what had to be done. As much as I love Zucc he was becoming kind of a baby at the end. If the Stars don't make it to the WCF then the return for Zuccrello is bad. The Hayes trade on the other hand I think is pretty darn good and if the Rangers get Panarin in FA, draft well, and the young guys develop then maybe Lundqvist will be around for another contender. Crossing my fingers.

• 1 month later...

Rangers get 2nd overall pick in a draft where Jack Hughes and Kaapo Kakko are way ahead of the rest of the pack.

The Devils won the 1st pick, both teams will be getting very good players.

The next 2 NHL drafts are loaded with talent, the Rangers have 10 picks this year.

They have a great opportunity to build a solid young core, it is so refreshing to see them building through the draft.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 10:43 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

Wait till the Knicks trade the 3 legged unicorn for Butler and then sign Irving and Durant.

Durant is a p-ssy no way he comes here he will stay in some quiet western conference market probably Lakers where no one cares and watch Kyrie take MLE just to tag along with Lebron, KD and Kawahi

20 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m a Knicks fan and even though we’re known for sucking I’m proud of our organization and it’s long history. I don’t like that the new Brooklyn team is better than us right now. 

the knicks are a train wreck. so sad. an embarassment to NY sport scene. eff dolan with a tire iron

On 5/28/2019 at 5:16 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I’m a Knicks fan and even though we’re known for sucking I’m proud of our organization and it’s long history. I don’t like that the new Brooklyn team is better than us right now. 

Let’s see what happens with RJ plus the kids Knox and Mitchell Robinson 

I’m not a nets hater if anything they show how quickly a team can turn it around with just a couple under the radar moves

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...