Jump to content

The state of NY sports..Where do the Jets rank in terms of future?


Recommended Posts

BOOM!

Rangers trade for Jets’ Jacob Trouba in blockbuster

By Larry Brooks

June 17, 2019 | 8:00pm

https://nypost.com/2019/06/17/rangers-get-jacob-trouba-from-jets-in-blockbuster-trade/ 

New York Rangers get major rebuild piece in Jacob Trouba via stunning trade with Winnipeg Jets

The Rangers come away with a steal to add a big piece to their rebuild

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/news/new-york-rangers-get-major-rebuild-piece-in-jacob-trouba-via-stunning-trade-with-winnipeg-jets/ 

Rangers accelerate rebuild in big-time trade for Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/columnist/kevinallen/2019/06/17/jacob-trouba-trade-rangers-jets-neal-pionk/1483914001/

Image from New York Rangers

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We have a brighter future than the giants and that’s not just me saying that as Jet homer and giants hater   Eli is 38.  Sam is 21.  Facts are facts  

Really like what the Rangers did in the draft this weekend. No Kreider trade, it will be interesting to see what happens with him as this summer moves along.

Boom!

Posted Images

On 6/22/2019 at 10:17 PM, Carnival Barker said:

Really like what the Rangers did in the draft this weekend.

No Kreider trade, it will be interesting to see what happens with him as this summer moves along.

I think I'd rather have Kreider at 6-7 mill per than Panarin at 11-12 mill per.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 7:46 PM, BROOKLYN JET said:

I think I'd rather have Kreider at 6-7 mill per than Panarin at 11-12 mill per.

Long term if half these prospects pan out, in 3-4 years down the line Panarin ( a great player) making $12 million is going to be really hard on their cap. After Luongo retired opened some cap space and with Quenneville already there, expect the Panthers will sign him and Boborowsky. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He took LESS money to be a Ranger!

Report: New York Rangers to Sign Artemi Panarin

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/7/1/20652472/report-new-york-rangers-to-sign-artemi-panarin

The Breadman appears to be Broadway bound.

By Tom Urtz Jr@TomUrtzJr  Jul 1, 2019, 11:54am EDT
 

Columbus Blue Jackets v Boston Bruins - Game TwoPhoto by Adam Glanzman/Getty Images

According to Darren Dreger all signs point to the New York Rangers landing Artemi Panarin.

Dreger speculates that he is leaving some money on the table to become a Blueshirt, as it was widely reported that the New York Islanders had the best deal on the table.

Panarin is coming off a career year in which he tallied 87 points, 28 goals and 59 assists, in 79 games for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The newest Broadway Blueshirt went undrafted, and the 2018-19 season was just Panarin’s fourth in the NHL.

If this move come to fruition, it would be another major move for general manager Jeff Gorton.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

He took LESS money to be a Ranger!

Report: New York Rangers to Sign Artemi Panarin

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2019/7/1/20652472/report-new-york-rangers-to-sign-artemi-panarin

The Breadman appears to be Broadway bound.

By Tom Urtz Jr@TomUrtzJr  Jul 1, 2019, 11:54am EDT
 

Columbus Blue Jackets v Boston Bruins - Game TwoPhoto by Adam Glanzman/Getty Images

According to Darren Dreger all signs point to the New York Rangers landing Artemi Panarin.

Dreger speculates that he is leaving some money on the table to become a Blueshirt, as it was widely reported that the New York Islanders had the best deal on the table.

Panarin is coming off a career year in which he tallied 87 points, 28 goals and 59 assists, in 79 games for the Columbus Blue Jackets. The newest Broadway Blueshirt went undrafted, and the 2018-19 season was just Panarin’s fourth in the NHL.

If this move come to fruition, it would be another major move for general manager Jeff Gorton.

I just love screwing over the islanders. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2019 at 7:07 PM, Bugg said:

Long term if half these prospects pan out, in 3-4 years down the line Panarin ( a great player) making $12 million is going to be really hard on their cap. After Luongo retired opened some cap space and with Quenneville already there, expect the Panthers will sign him and Boborowsky. 

Rangers have allot of money coming off the books over the next 3-4 years, should be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1.  Yankees:  Hate to say it, but they're still the top dogs at the moment. 

2.  Nets:  KD & Kyrie, enough said. 

3.  Rangers:  Made a big splash in FA this offseason. 

4.  Islanders:  Playoff team basically running it back in '19. 

5.  Jets:  Perhaps some adults in the room + Darnold. 

6.  Knicks:  Missed out on the big FA's but at least can tank again and have RJ Barrett and some other decent young talent. 

7.  Giants:  Daniel Jones = Christian Hackenberg v2.0.  Gettleman is an absolute moron. 

8.  Mets:  No future, no hope.  In the abyss. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...