RB watch 2019

Paradis

On 10/12/2018 at 4:32 PM, sec101row23 said:

Anybody watch Devin Singletary from FAU?  He was being talked about as a legit NFL prospect after last season, is he still a thing now?  Kiffen was talking him up pretty well.  

Was going to post about him. I know it’s a ridiculous comparison that can only ever get torn down but there’s Barry Sanders in those feet. He’s got that low stocky build too that makes me think he can be durable and he’s like a spinning top that just seems to bounce back up. Seems to have patience and vision, some of his cuts are pure ankle-breakers and there’s no doubt about the explosion. Also a deceptively capable blocker in pass pro for such a little guy.

he’s the closest i’ve seen to Sanders since...well Sanders

what am I missing here?

On 12/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, redlichtie said:

Was going to post about him. I know it’s a ridiculous comparison that can only ever get torn down but there’s Barry Sanders in those feet. He’s got that low stocky build too that makes me think he can be durable and he’s like a spinning top that just seems to bounce back up. Seems to have patience and vision, some of his cuts are pure ankle-breakers and there’s no doubt about the explosion. Also a deceptively capable blocker in pass pro for such a little guy.

he’s the closest i’ve seen to Sanders since...well Sanders

what am I missing here?

Saquon Barkley was the closest thing to Sanders imo.

Dave could be a rich man’s Maurice Jones Drew. 

On 1/1/2019 at 3:23 AM, Patriot Killa said:

Sorry, Saquon was Nothing compared to Sanders in College...

Sanders in his ONE year as a starter rushed for 2,850 yds & 44 TD's. (12 games including the Holiday Bowl)

Saquon in THREE years rushed for 3,843 yds & 43 TD's. (38 games)

Sanders was a BEAST & led the Nation in rushing & TD's while setting 34 NCAA Records....

Saquon finished #33 in the Nation in rushing in 2017...

Again... Sorry, Not Even Close.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Dave could be a rich man’s Maurice Jones Drew. 

I really don’t see Sanders and Barkley as comparable. Barkley is 6-1 230 and Barry was 5-8 205. Entirely different body masses and running styles. Barkley has some wiggle but the cutting ability and elusiveness of Sanders was rare, I can’t remember ever seeing iit from another prospect. MJD is not a bad shout although I always thought he was more of a bowling ball.and in fairness I remember his college career less but Barry put up inseane numbers as Singletary is doing now. Sanders and Devin have that stocky lower body but extraordinary shiftiness and acceleration. I really can’t think of too many guys who remind me this much of Sanders

Also the production was way different between Sanders and Barkley and while neither Singletary(nor anyone for that matter) has come close to producing what Sanders did at Oklahoma State he did rush for just shy of 2K last year and had 33 TD’ s. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jetsons said:

Sorry, Saquon was Nothing compared to Sanders in College...

Sanders in his ONE year as a starter rushed for 2,850 yds & 44 TD's. (12 games including the Holiday Bowl)

Saquon in THREE years rushed for 3,843 yds & 43 TD's. (38 games)

Sanders was a BEAST & led the Nation in rushing & TD's while setting 34 NCAA Records....

Saquon finished #33 in the Nation in rushing in 2017...

Again... Sorry, Not Even Close.

Talking about playing style here. Of course nobodies single season college stats, from this era, are going to compare to Barry’s 1988 season. Don’t really see how comparing their stats does any justice or discredit to a Barkley/Sanders comp. there are other reasons that you can draw a comp from Saquon but if I was going to challenge the example in your post, I would say that In Sanders final year, he got an insane work load of 344 rushing attempts and Sanders only accumulated close to 928 yards in his first two seasons at Oklahoma St before his notorious 2,682 yard season. So the production point doesn’t really feel like a strong angle even though I wasn’t measuring the comparison from that anyway.

9277D19D-C852-4ED1-925B-97AF2BB0F553.thumb.jpeg.d5c89bab09bca0ae73731ad5b1058d21.jpeg56CA258C-C065-4D67-8434-BF66410EA844.thumb.jpeg.8c8eed83055990f6eb21d28629610fc6.jpeg

As you can see, Barkley didn’t sniff 344 rushing attempts in a single season. Year Two was the closest with 272 and that’s still about 72 carries off. Barkely still winded up with more attempts in his entire career, obviously,  because Barkley played in more games and had more attempts in his first two seasons so while the 2K season for Barry is unbelievable, the majority of Sander’s stats were accumulated in one season and still didn’t have the same amount of rushing yards in his NCAA career than Barkley when all was said and done. 

Now the Touchdowns come with the territory when you are rushing 344 times and I honestly can’t “defend” Barkley for not putting up 37 in one season... that... is mind boggling.

but to put it in perspective, career wise, Barkley finished with 43 rushing TD’s and Sanders had 48. Add in receptions TD’s and that’s Barkley at 51 and Sanders at 49 for TD’s overall. 

So...

Obviously not trying to slight a legend and a running back that I respect a great deal in Sanders but aside from one absolutely insane year where, keep in mind, carries far outweighed what you would see in this RPO/Air Era and where Sanders got most of his numbers in. The grand scheme of things say that Barkely out gained Sanders in career yards, career TD’s and career receptions.

But again ... production had nothing to do with my comparison on them. They both have elite vision, refuse to go down on first contact, vicious jump cuts, animalistic instincts and elite change of direction/first step.

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

I really don’t see Sanders and Barkley as comparable. Barkley is 6-1 230 and Barry was 5-8 205. Entirely different body masses and running styles. Barkley has some wiggle but the cutting ability and elusiveness of Sanders was rare, I can’t remember ever seeing iit from another prospect. MJD is not a bad shout although I always thought he was more of a bowling ball.and in fairness I remember his college career less but Barry put up inseane numbers as Singletary is doing now. Sanders and Devin have that stocky lower body but extraordinary shiftiness and acceleration. I really can’t think of too many guys who remind me this much of Sanders

Also the production was way different between Sanders and Barkley and while neither Singletary(nor anyone for that matter) has come close to producing what Sanders did at Oklahoma State he did rush for just shy of 2K last year and had 33 TD’ s. 

I just think their games are very similar. You are going off physical stature similarities. Fair enough. But as far as production — yes — Barkley has come close and in most statistical categories, has Sanders beat . I responded to Jetsons above with the a more detailed dive on stats....

again guys this has nothing to do with production or physical stature comps. I would compare the physical stature of Tom Brady to a fettuccine noodle but playing style is different and that’s what I’m looking at.

Playing style? What exactly do you mean by that?  Please explain because the catch all term ‘playing style’ seems a bit vague to me and doesn’t really clarify anything.

They both play running back but that is about where the similarities end for me. Production is production, you can have two different guys rushing for 100, 1000 or even 2000 yards but thay can both achieve that in very different ways. Comparing Barkley and Sanders as similar players makes as much sense to me as comparing Megatron with Antonio Brown. The fact it took Barkley 3 full college seasons to match what Sanders effectively did in one cannot just be glossed over but that also shouldn't take away from Saquon either. Right there you have a great example of how very different they are.  But yet both still great.

Sorry but they are not even remotely similar in my opinion. Indeed it’s hard to think of many prospects that have come down the pipe who have survived comparisons with Barry Sanders, for good reason. He was just such a unique talent and had such a unique skill set. That is not to take anything away from Barkley who is a fantastic player and is actually equally a unique prospect in his own right with the size and speed and vision that he has, in that sense the two are similar, they are both generational talents but my original point was not about Saquon Barkley versus Barry Sanders but that in Devin Singletary I’m seeing the closest thing to Barry since Barry.

A player with the same build and body type(and yes of course that is relevant when comparing prospects) the same extraordinary cutting ability and vision with explosive breakaway speed and whose production also mirrors what Sanders achieved. It is indeed difficult to judge across a generation and the comparison between Sanders playing for Oklahoma State in 1988and Singletary at Florida Atlantic in 2018 is of course not a straightforward one. But it’s not impossible either.

so anyway, about Devin Singletary

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, redlichtie said:

Playing style? What exactly do you mean by that?  Please explain because the catch all term ‘playing style’ seems a bit vague to me and doesn’t really clarify anything.

They both play running back but that is about where the similarities end for me. Production is production, you can have two different guys rushing for 100, 1000 or even 2000 yards but thay can both achieve that in very different ways. Comparing Barkley and Sanders as similar players makes as much sense to me as comparing Megatron with Antonio Brown. The fact it took Barkley 3 full college seasons to match what Sanders effectively did in one cannot just be glossed over but that also shouldn't take away from Saquon either. Right there you have a great example of how very different they are.  But yet both still great.

Sorry but they are not even remotely similar in my opinion. Indeed it’s hard to think of many prospects that have come down the pipe who have survived comparisons with Barry Sanders, for good reason. He was just such a unique talent and had such a unique skill set. That is not to take anything away from Barkley who is a fantastic player and is actually equally a unique prospect in his own right with the size and speed and vision that he has, in that sense the two are similar, they are both generational talents but my original point was not about Saquon Barkley versus Barry Sanders but that in Devin Singletary I’m seeing the closest thing to Barry since Barry.

A player with the same build and body type(and yes of course that is relevant when comparing prospects) the same extraordinary cutting ability and vision with explosive breakaway speed and whose production also mirrors what Sanders achieved. It is indeed difficult to judge across a generation and the comparison between Sanders playing for Oklahoma State in 1988and Singletary at Florida Atlantic in 2018 is of course not a straightforward one. But it’s not impossible either.

so anyway, about Devin Singletary

I just explained what I found similar in their strengths and I did it to fairly a descriptive extent. If you don’t agree then there’s not much else I can say to you or anyone else that doesn’t see what I’m seeing. Putting their NCAA stats in context is important btw. Also not something to gloss over.

we’ll have to just agree to disagree tbh.

14 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Talking about playing style here. Of course nobodies single season college stats, from this era, are going to compare to Barry’s 1988 season. Don’t really see how comparing their stats does any justice or discredit to a Barkley/Sanders comp. there are other reasons that you can draw a comp from Saquon but if I was going to challenge the example in your post, I would say that In Sanders final year, he got an insane work load of 344 rushing attempts and Sanders only accumulated close to 928 yards in his first two seasons at Oklahoma St before his notorious 2,682 yard season. So the production point doesn’t really feel like a strong angle even though I wasn’t measuring the comparison from that anyway.

9277D19D-C852-4ED1-925B-97AF2BB0F553.thumb.jpeg.d5c89bab09bca0ae73731ad5b1058d21.jpeg56CA258C-C065-4D67-8434-BF66410EA844.thumb.jpeg.8c8eed83055990f6eb21d28629610fc6.jpeg

As you can see, Barkley didn’t sniff 344 rushing attempts in a single season. Year Two was the closest with 272 and that’s still about 72 carries off. Barkely still winded up with more attempts in his entire career, obviously,  because Barkley played in more games and had more attempts in his first two seasons so while the 2K season for Barry is unbelievable, the majority of Sander’s stats were accumulated in one season and still didn’t have the same amount of rushing yards in his NCAA career than Barkley when all was said and done. 

Now the Touchdowns come with the territory when you are rushing 344 times and I honestly can’t “defend” Barkley for not putting up 37 in one season... that... is mind boggling.

but to put it in perspective, career wise, Barkley finished with 43 rushing TD’s and Sanders had 48. Add in receptions TD’s and that’s Barkley at 51 and Sanders at 49 for TD’s overall. 

So...

Obviously not trying to slight a legend and a running back that I respect a great deal in Sanders but aside from one absolutely insane year where, keep in mind, carries far outweighed what you would see in this RPO/Air Era and where Sanders got most of his numbers in. The grand scheme of things say that Barkely out gained Sanders in career yards, career TD’s and career receptions.

But again ... production had nothing to do with my comparison on them. They both have elite vision, refuse to go down on first contact, vicious jump cuts, animalistic instincts and elite change of direction/first step.

I just think their games are very similar. You are going off physical stature similarities. Fair enough. But as far as production — yes — Barkley has come close and in most statistical categories, has Sanders beat . I responded to Jetsons above with the a more detailed dive on stats....

again guys this has nothing to do with production or physical stature comps. I would compare the physical stature of Tom Brady to a fettuccine noodle but playing style is different and that’s what I’m looking at.

First off Sanders wasn't a starter his first 2 seasons, he was the backup to Thurman Thomas... Sanders' ONLY year as a Starter was in 1988... since you're pointing out rushing attempts look at the rushing average Gained per attempt... Sanders Averaged 7.8 yds Gained A Carry on 344 carries... That's Insane... Sanders BLOWS Away Saquon… NOT EVEN CLOSE.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jetsons said:

First off Sanders wasn't a starter his first 2 seasons, he was the backup to Thurman Thomas... Sanders' ONLY year as a Starter was in 1988... since you're pointing out rushing attempts look at the rushing average Gained per attempt... Sanders Averaged 7.8 yds Ganed A Carry on 344 carries... That's Insane... Sanders BLOWS Away Saquon… NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Nobody is discrediting Sanders. He’s a living legend. He’s one of my all time favorite running back. ALL I’m saying is I see similarities in their strengths and how they run.

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Nobody is discrediting Sanders. He’s a living legend. He’s one of my all time favorite running back. ALL I’m saying is I see similarities in their strengths and how they run.

I'm not trying make an issue of your opinion... I just see it differently...  I do believe Saquon, barring injury, will be something special to watch for the next decade +.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Guest Danielohr said:

Joining CharmDate is totally free, as well as participants are under no obligation to upgrade to a paid strategy. However, the service doesn't supply romance scenic tours or intend your days. That's why CharmDate customer care works all the time and ensures expert aid. Likewise, they can check out the FAQ area and also obtain more information about how the site works. Most likely to the account section and also where you can edit your details. Clients wanting to sign up with Charmdate full site are required to fill up in the following information. Still, dating experience is not complete without fee-based features. Still, numerous real girls are willing to make you satisfied. International dating solutions can often obtain a bad online reputation for offering single female ads that don't represent a genuine individual. It's a go-to source for global daters that desire to get married as well as don't see range as a dealbreaker. They dropped in love quickly as well as got wed within four days of meeting face to face.

Despite their social differences, these two teams have one crucial point alike: they intend to get married as well as have a typical family. Then there's EMF Mail, which is optimal for people that don't wish to interact online. CharmDate is only a location for males who intend to date a Russian or ukrainian elegance. Singles define that they are and also what they're searching for in clear terms on the CharmDate profile, so there won't be any presuming games or mixed messages. If they're ready to move for the appropriate suit, Singles can even indicate. You can locate a thorough summary of these actions in the Dating tips area on the site. Scroll down the individual info web page, as well as you will see the description field. 8. On a regular basis examine Admirer Mail box to see that desires you. CharmDate members can send out an introductory message (aka Admirer Mail) free of charge. Members can likewise reveal their love by paying to send gifts as well as blossoms to their international sweetheart. But an expanding wave of significant daters have shown eager to jump on a flight and cross global borders in hopes of meeting that special individual. On the website, you will certainly discover a Gifts as well as Flowers area where you can buy actual gifts and also arrangements to send out to your unique someone.

CharmDate offers search functions based upon age, gender, appearance, and also other demographics to make it much easier for singles to locate their special individual. CharmDate has actually charmed plenty of songs with its profile searches, photo galleries, and also vibrant conversation devices. This is the place where you will start your searches, begin talking with the women you like, or sight profiles that you "bookmarked" before. I was talking with my girl for a little over a year (I understand). To date, CharmDate has more than 100,000 fans on Facebook, as well as it is continuously expanding its reach in the united state, Canada, Europe, and various other components of the globe. Most of male customers on CharmDate come from the U.S., Canada, or Europe, while the majority of the female users are from Eastern Europe. The dating platform uses a pay-per-chat system that urges individuals to follow their own dispositions and needs at will. To maintain this resource 100% cost-free, we receive compensation from most of the deals provided on the site. Keep you bucks in your pockets and also stay clear of points like the plague. Among the vital things that our team assesses as soon as possible is the rates. Prior to testimonials as well as short articles are released on our site, they undergo a detailed evaluation procedure performed by a team of independent editors and subject-matter experts to ensure the web content's timeliness, impartiality, and also precision.

Eventually on the site, you'll see exactly how extensive and also informative the ladies's profiles are. But, when I read regular men investing [url=https://issuu.com/charmdate.com/docs/charmdate_review-how_it_works.docx_20bb6c82491449]charmingdate review[/url] occasionally hundreds of dollars on this website, I can not keep it in. Maintain in mind: this doesn't include the interpreter's solutions. Its online services connect single guys with attractive solitary ladies in Europe. The online dating world can give songs the capability to reach compatible people in different countries, and also CharmDate has actually distinguished itself by linking the void between songs in the Western world and Eastern Europe. International dating systems like CharmDate supply a wider scope and also an extra diverse database where singles can take a trip as for they desire to find a caring partner. Marriage-minded songs can use CharmDate to expand their search for a prospective partner as well as get rid of obstacles in the name of love. The international dating site uses structured search devices as well as supports online messaging, letter document, voice telephone calls, and also video clip talks that aid cross-cultural partnerships bloom. CharmDate introduces single males to international women. When females and also men were pleased that they took care of to fulfill many thanks to this fantastic resource, checking out the reviews the experts can discover a whole lot of positive evaluations. A lot of capabilities, nonetheless, nevertheless check ready.

Band and dump.

@Maxman

• Upvote 1