The Giants are 1 and 5

Maxman

They are 1 and 5, Barkley looks like a monster and here are Eli's stats:

image.png

Here is how his #'s project over a full season:

image.png

Nice yardage total. 16 TDs and 11 INTs though? Not a guy you want to build around at 37. A lot of his yards are in garbage time which is why his yards are so much higher than the TDs thrown.

They are going to regret passing on Sam Darnold in a big way.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, not going for Darnold or Rosen was a huge mistake.  Mistakes like that are  firable offenses for a general manager.

They seem to have massively overestimated their talent on D and on the Oline, bc even with Drew Brees at qb I see a .500 team at best.  The entire interior of their Oline is a turnstyle.

It doesn’t really make sense, did they really expect to beat the Rams, Saints and Philly with the addition of Barkley?

Yes anytime the Giants are stinking up the joint is a good time. Huge mistake not taking a QB at 2. Barkley is a great player no doubt but long is the list of great backs who played on a high level but never won a thing without a quality QB. Passing on a QB in last year's draft could haunt the Giants for quite a while. 

I actually the think their D is good, they just realize Eli is done. He better be careful or he’s going to end up with a less than .500 career winning %.

The gmen had 2 chances to win by taking Barkley. Either Eli still had it and the team would be good OR Eli stunk so much they got Barkley and would still be in line for a top passer next year. As a giants hater I wish they’d win a few games, destroying both of their chances?

The way they are playing they will have another top 5 maybe top 3 pick next year. They can draft a qb next year and will have Barkley there to help the young qb. The big question to ask is next years qb class as good as this years class?

Waiting on the Daily News backpage showing Jokedell Beckham, Lil mini me Wayne and Ecoli as the ring leaders of the Giants Circus.

You know it just chapped their respective butts having all those Eagles fans in their house doing the E-A-G-L-E-S chant. 

Couldn't happen to a better group of "fans".

44 minutes ago, Mo Lew said:

I actually the think their D is good, they just realize Eli is done. He better be careful or he’s going to end up with a less than .500 career winning %.

The gmen had 2 chances to win by taking Barkley. Either Eli still had it and the team would be good OR Eli stunk so much they got Barkley and would still be in line for a top passer next year. As a giants hater I wish they’d win a few games, destroying both of their chances?

Qbs, not rbs win championships. Barkley is a nice tool to have, but this qb class was special. Maybe they will be that bad again and be lucky with 2nd pick again. I doubt if they will find s Baker, Rosen, or darnold this yr though. 

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Qbs, not rbs win championships. Barkley is a nice tool to have, but this qb class was special. Maybe they will be that bad again and be lucky with 2nd pick again. I doubt if they will find s Baker, Rosen, or darnold this yr though. 

I get your premise but you have no idea how any of the qbs will pan out. That being said I couldn’t be happier with Sam

AS announcers said last night Eli's passes are mostly short connections making his stats look better but not much down field threats. Plus they were 0-15 on third down trys before getting one last night. Probably like 4-10 last night. Good news for them is a good OB is coming out of Oregon.

Any players that we should target on the Giants? That lockeroom is a mess and normally I wouldn’t want quitters but they should literally blow everything up and have a fire sale.

They hate us though but was just thinking that maybe something can shake free somehow. Probably not  though since they are TERRIBLE and worse than last year somehow. 

I have a hard time laughing at other teams when my team is 2-3, and coming off consecutive 5 win seasons.  At this point, I like our future better than theirs, but lets string together a few wins and then I will join in the laughter.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have a hard time laughing at other teams when my team is 2-3, and coming off consecutive 5 win seasons.  At this point, I like our future better than theirs, but lets string together a few wins and then I will join in the laughter.

I’m sorry but I can’t not laugh at watching the Giants and their fans suffer. Even if we aren’t doing well, that makes my day. 

I watched some of the game last night and don't think Eli is the reason they are losing, he might not be able to carry a team anymore but don't think he was ever that guy...

the team just does not execute, seemed sadly familiar, like they know they lost before they play the game, at one point Barkley walked over to OBJ to calm him down, so much for veteran leadership or follow the money - with a 2019 cap hit of $44m for just Eli and oBJ - they have that team locked up for a few years

Barkley on the other hand looked great! glad he is a Jets fan too

I think Eli is incredibly overrated, and always has been. He has not changed, the team around him has. He has never been a mobile guy, just a relatively strong arm and pretty accurate guy. If you look at his few years between Plaxico and Cruz/OBJ, he was very pedestrian. He is a guy who if you give him a strong team around him, he can perform at a high level. BUT, he was never the type of QB to carry a team, he just was never that talented. They put a line in front of him, with the weapons they have on offense he would be fine. He is what he is. He can drive the really nice car well, he just can't take the beater car and raise its performance

30 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think Eli is incredibly overrated, and always has been. He has not changed, the team around him has. He has never been a mobile guy, just a relatively strong arm and pretty accurate guy. If you look at his few years between Plaxico and Cruz/OBJ, he was very pedestrian. He is a guy who if you give him a strong team around him, he can perform at a high level. BUT, he was never the type of QB to carry a team, he just was never that talented. They put a line in front of him, with the weapons they have on offense he would be fine. He is what he is. He can drive the really nice car well, he just can't take the beater car and raise its performance

Eli is like any other qb if his OL stinks he will stink.  The Giants are in competition with the Bills for nfl’s Worst offensive line

37 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

I watched some of the game last night and don't think Eli is the reason they are losing, he might not be able to carry a team anymore but don't think he was ever that guy...

the team just does not execute, seemed sadly familiar, like they know they lost before they play the game, at one point Barkley walked over to OBJ to calm him down, so much for veteran leadership or follow the money - with a 2019 cap hit of $44m for just Eli and oBJ - they have that team locked up for a few years

Barkley on the other hand looked great! glad he is a Jets fan too

Eli didn’t give up 34 points at home.  The offensive line is a bunch of turnstiles

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

I think normally you would be right but this season the jets were predicted to be one of the worst teams in the nfl while the giants were at least considered a playoff team

This could be a decisive turning point in the history of both franchises.  The giants passed on the best college qb since Andrew Luck for a nice running back but in 5 years he will be done while Sam could be an elite qb next 15 years

Eli looks completely lost out there. Yes the OL is bad, but a veteran with his experience should have no problem hitting hot routes and calling audibles on the line to combat it. That team does not look like they are behind him at all. Like it feels like he has no command as a leader of the team. They are a like young team with grandpa at the helm, they just don’t seem to relate at all and you can feel that on the field. Brady is old, but his history commands respect, and he’s still relatable to his players. Eli is like Mr Rogers. You love the guy, but you’re not gonna see young guys having that comraderie with the old geek in a cardigan.

Giants have weapons for sure. And Barkley opens things up for them. The Giants problems start at Eli, then OL, then D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barkley at 2 would have been a good pick 40 years ago, during the OJ Simpson era

the game just isn't built that way anymore

that being said if the Giants go Darnold at 2 I'd have no problem going Barkley at 3 and giving Teddy Bridgewater the Darnold treatment. 

Archived