The Giants are 1 and 5

Maxman

9 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

They are candidates for the number one pick. Who are the QB's coming out in next years draft?  Will they get a Franchise guy there?  It seems like something the Giants would luck right into. 

I would think Hebert would be the guy for them in the 1st round. Others are talking up the guy from Duke too. As with any QB drafted you can't really say if they will be the guy going forward and it wouldn't surprise me if the Giants lucked out but we are a long way from the 2019 draft and I'm sure others will come into play as the Season goes on. Personally I really like Clayton Thorson. I think he will be a  1st rounder and has all the size and smarts to be an NFL starter. If the Giants had taken Darnold instead of Barkley and the Jets drafted Barkley I would be talking up Thorson for the Jets if the scenario went that way. I'm just glad Sam is a Jet and they can actually focus on another part of the team in next years draft. Personally I would go WR in the 1st next year if the guy from Arizona St continues to impress. N'Keal Harry is a big productive WR and would make a nice target for Sam. Its real early to talk 2019 draft though and a lot can happen between now and then.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

I would think Hebert would be the guy for them in the 1st round. Others are talking up the guy from Duke too. As with any QB drafted you can't really say if they will be the guy going forward and it wouldn't surprise me if the Giants lucked out but we are a long way from the 2019 draft and I'm sure others will come into play as the Season goes on. Personally I really like Clayton Thorson. I think he will be a  1st rounder and has all the size and smarts to be an NFL starter. If the Giants had taken Darnold instead of Barkley and the Jets drafted Barkley I would be talking up Thorson for the Jets if the scenario went that way. I'm just glad Sam is a Jet and they can actually focus on another part of the team in next years draft. Personally I would go WR in the 1st next year if the guy from Arizona St continues to impress. N'Keal Harry is a big productive WR and would make a nice target for Sam. Its real early to talk 2019 draft though and a lot can happen between now and then.

Aj Brown would be nice. Ton of WR talent in this year sand next year’s classes.

Thanks. Interesting stuff.
I don’t watch much college ball. Maybe a game or two each year. I really like listening to the guys you all like on here and researching them.

I’m all about a big WR in rd one of a dominant LT isn’t there.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't watch a lot of college and I thought the Giants and Giant fans were crazy comparing this kid or ANYONE to Barry Sanders - but, from what i've seen, those comparisons are justified.  I  haven't seen anything like Sanders until this kid. 

I get what they were going for - Beckham, Barkely and Eli...problem is their O-Line is awful, Beckham's a headcase and Eli's  washed up.  5 win team.

34 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't watch a lot of college and I thought the Giants and Giant fans were crazy comparing this kid or ANYONE to Barry Sanders - but, from what i've seen, those comparisons are justified.  I  haven't seen anything like Sanders until this kid. 

I get what they were going for - Beckham, Barkely and Eli...problem is their O-Line is awful, Beckham's a headcase and Eli's  washed up.  5 win team.

Agree. He has a very low center of balance, and an uncanny ability to shift around and stay up when it doesn't seem possible. The guy is fun to watch.

13 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Retrospect? Macadoo benched him last year for Geno. Everyone mocked Macadoo, turns out he was right. Eli was the problem. All Eli can do is air it out deep or dump it off. He is too scared to get to go through progressions. He has been toast for years and for a "winner" his career winning pct  is around .500. 

The Giants brought in two guys that needed to win now. An old GM on his last legs and a HC that failed in Cleveland and was desperate to win now. So they paid Odell a fortune despite being a head case (because he was  good boy in March/April) they passed on potential franchise QBs they gave an average LT a monster deal. 

This team has no cap space heading into next  year and need to pray they are in position to draft a QB high or else it will be an even worse disaster. 

I was listening ing to a podcast hosted by Matt Williamson midweek.

I can't remember the name of his guest. But his guest was saying that McAdoo had kept the Mara's fully informed of his plan to bench Eli and start Geno. Additionally McAdoo had warned Geno to wear the hatred of the Giants fans for replacing Manning and he was comfortable with it apparently.

Then the crowd went ape sh*t when McAdoo actually benched Eli and the owners got cold feet. Forced McAdoo to start Manning and then fired him at the end of the season with Reese, who also fully supported the plan to bench Manning last year.

Interesting podcast.

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

As many as he wants. Those are actual pictures of him holding a double barrel shotgun in various different sport jerseys.

I’m wondering, as you explained the exceptionally obvious, what else you thought I may have thought they were?

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

...Which is totally normal. Totally. normal. 

I’m most interested in who takes them?  Is it a timer... hopefully?  Or, is it like, “Honey, get the camera, UPS is here with my Memphis Grizzles jersey.”

21 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

barkley is a stud but with a crappy qb so what.  this game is all about passing.  crowell set a franchise record for rushing yards last week and he was a FA.  look what the eagles did with rbs last night, no ajai, no sproles.  you can win with jag rbs.

Like Mike Augustiniak!

But yeah, I like the RBBC approach. A decent OL and a couple complimentary backs. Done. Problem with the stud RB plan is an injury (or holdout) to that one player, and your whole offense is out of whack. 

On 10/12/2018 at 12:40 PM, More Cowbell said:

Seriously, What team has a worse situation then the Giants. Even Buffalo is setup better with Allen. I'm waiting for Beckham to explode.

The situation isn't bad if they get a high pick.  Then they'll have Barkley and probably a young QB.  It'll be better if they win a few games and get stuck in a cycle of mediocrity.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Charlie Brown said:

In truth I would have taken Mahomes last year and moved up to try and get Barkley this year. 

That is how I saw the last two years if I was the Jets GM. 

So yes I think that Barkley is that good!!

So Mahomes and Barkley instead of Darnold and Adams.  Yeah, I can see how that would have looked nice :)

But playing that out, I don't think we trade 3 2nd rounders to move up for Barkley.  Instead I figure we would have stayed put and had our choice of all but one of Chubb, Roquan Smith, Q Nelson or Fitzpatrick.  This assumes Darnold goes top-5 and either Chubb or Nelson drops but not both.  That leaves us with the very real possibility that we would have taken Fitzpatrick since we wouldn't have Adams.  So Mahomes and Fitzpatrick vs. Darnold and Adams is a much closer decision except you then throw in the 3 2nd rounders and it still looks better.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm thrilled with Darnold and think Adams will be a stud.  But it's an interesting though-experiment.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:09 AM, Hael said:

Yea, not going for Darnold or Rosen was a huge mistake.  Mistakes like that are  firable offenses for a general manager.

They seem to have massively overestimated their talent on D and on the Oline, bc even with Drew Brees at qb I see a .500 team at best.  The entire interior of their Oline is a turnstyle.

It doesn’t really make sense, did they really expect to beat the Rams, Saints and Philly with the addition of Barkley?

If they get a QB next year and have Jim Brown at RB is it a mistake. Time will tell Plato.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:36 PM, Patriot Killa said:

As many as he wants. Those are actual pictures of him holding a double barrel shotgun in various different sport jerseys.

OMG Think about that last sentence... and then think about the lucky family that lives next door to him. :eek:  

14 hours ago, nycdan said:

So Mahomes and Barkley instead of Darnold and Adams.  Yeah, I can see how that would have looked nice :)

But playing that out, I don't think we trade 3 2nd rounders to move up for Barkley.  Instead I figure we would have stayed put and had our choice of all but one of Chubb, Roquan Smith, Q Nelson or Fitzpatrick.  This assumes Darnold goes top-5 and either Chubb or Nelson drops but not both.  That leaves us with the very real possibility that we would have taken Fitzpatrick since we wouldn't have Adams.  So Mahomes and Fitzpatrick vs. Darnold and Adams is a much closer decision except you then throw in the 3 2nd rounders and it still looks better.

Don't get me wrong.  I'm thrilled with Darnold and think Adams will be a stud.  But it's an interesting though-experiment.

I agree with how it would have worked out in practice, since we are the Jets... :) 

I really don't go any further than I did because people will be quick to bash Darnold, when as folks out here have rightly stated we don't have the same skill players and more importantly coaching staff as far developing QBs. 

Look even if you love Bowles, you can't honestly compare him as a HC to Andy Reid as far as running a successful offensive operation or developing QB talent.

So just because Mahomes is doing well in KC is absolutely No guarantee that he would have preformed in a similar fashion while on the Jets....

Archived